Italian cooking video on youtube

>italian cooking video on youtube
>read comments
>"Sorry, we don't eat this shit in Italy"

oh okay then what DO italians eat? because it seems like those faggots comment on every single italian cooking video

Other urls found in this thread:

gothamist.com/2012/03/19/barclays_center_will_sell_bottled_b.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_cuisine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_dishes
youtube.com/watch?v=bUMiZKyM6AA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Chinese food and McDonalds. Italian "Food" is actually just British and coastal American

>every single italian-american cooking video

ftfy

post some """""""""""real italian"""""""""""" recipes or videos then bucko

Yes and every single person commenting is an Italian American. Go back to your shit boot ya fucking wops

Spaghetti:
Some long pasta and tomato sauce
Penne:
Some short oval pasta and tomato sauce
Meatballs:
Some meat held together and tomato sauce
Pizza:
Bread with tomato sauce topped with tomato's
Gelato:
Cold tomato sauce

WA LA

You can fucking blindfold them, take them to their grandmothers house, have her cook the same fucking thing she's made a hundred times, bring it to them, have them eat it, and they'll still say "this ain't like grandmama makes"
they're insufferable for no good god damn reason, your pride should not be wrapped up in pasta and tomatoes

P much. Having worked in Italy it's no culinary goldmine or anything.

When a moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore
When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine
That's amore
Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll sing "Vita bella"
Hearts will play tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-tay
Like a gay tarantella

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool
That's amore
When you dance down the street with a cloud at your feet
You're in love
When you walk in a dream but you know you're not dreaming signore
Scuzza me, but you see, back in old Napoli
That's amore

(When a moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
That's amore
When the world seems to shine like you've had too much wine
That's amore
Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll sing "Vita bella"
Hearts will play tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-tay
Like a gay tarantella, lucky fella

Yeah, my countrymen can be really annoying about food but hey, what can you do.
Currently i'm at a lecture at uni, when i'll get home i'll post some recipes

What are you looking for precisely? Sweets, main dishes, secondi? Don't ask me the recipe of pizza, because i make my own version of the dough, and you probably won' like it

>Currently i'm at a lecture at uni, when i'll get home i'll post some recipes

Yes please do,I am interested in main dishes. Something you'd have for dinner. Maybe some soups too if you know any of those.

Not sure what you mean by secondi

>You can fucking blindfold them, take them to their grandmothers house, have her cook the same fucking thing she's made a hundred times, bring it to them, have them eat it, and they'll still say "this ain't like grandmama makes"

This is spot on.

its like that for every ethnicity

gordon ramsay making a mexican/asian/indian style dish? get ready for teenagers in the comment section to be all

>UMM THIS IS NOT AUTHENTIC _______ STYLE COOKING IF YOU DID THIS HERE YOU WOULD GET THROWN IN JAIL

Look up Gennaro Contaldo on YouTube, what he cooks is traditional Italian food more or less. He takes some minor liberties, especially when he's in the restaurant.

I got a recipe book from some old chick that brought itide chow into the UK and she got stuff like sparrows and cows udders in the ingredients. They eaty some freaky deaky shit out there bro I swear

I was chatting with this girl from Italy a while back and she was excited because her mom was making "pasta." I was like "cool what's in it?" And it was literally:
Garlic
Olive oil
Black olives
Crushed tomatoes

Heat it for a while and serve over al dente noodles

There's nothing wrong with that but it's further proof that Italians are ridiculous when they say shit like "just like a mama used to make a!"

i know right, where's the shredded cheddar cheese and the ranch dressing

new jersey people do the same thing with their precious beer "b-but it doesn't have muh polluted water"

Second dishes, my bad.
About soups, there're pretty straight forward (also keep in mind that Italy has a wide variety of climates, so dishes change accordingly and i'm speaking for my region): during winter we eat often a chickpeas soup, recipe in the reply

What are you talking about my black friend?

Nobody except fags from Brooklyn complain about the water in food, especially pizza.

gothamist.com/2012/03/19/barclays_center_will_sell_bottled_b.php

Ingredients:
- chickpeas (if dried, leave them in a bowl w/ a pinch of salt and bicarbonate for 24 hours)
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- a nice piece of pork ribs
- a piece of pork tenderloin
- sausages
- (only if you like it) some pieces of pigskin

Put in a pot with abundant water all the pieces of meat (i highly recommend to cut them), the vegetables chopped (not too small).
When water starts boiling, add the washed chickpeas and then let it cook (boiling slowly) for 4 hours. Half an hour before completion of cooking, add some pieces of sausage.
You can eat it spicing it with some grinded pepper, and pairing it with bread and/or aged grated cheese.

It's a weird dish that many even in Italy don't understand, but it's REALLY good if cooked properly. Hope you enjoy.

Btw, i can give you some recipes of main dishes which i know very well tomorrow, sincerely i got caught off guard on soups 'cause I have little experience cooking them (so actually I know only those from my region).

Sorry for my bad syntax :)

Dude, you're clearly not comprehending how important is food in Italy: it's not just "How mamma did it", it's something that unites the family everyday.. some sort of ritual, but it's hard to explain that importance on an anonymous anime kitchen board, you just have to live it.
And of course there are some assholes who believe to be always right, "momma always made better food than anyone else etc. etc. etc.": fuck them, if there's another italian in this thread, don't be one of them (or if you really want, just expatriate and go live in NJ)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_cuisine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_dishes
Those two are pretty accurate, but keep in mind that food in Italy is a very regional thing, besides for a few things that you can find throughout.

We don't want them.

>Cold tomato sauce
actually made me chuckle a little

It's fucking sad man. The american bullshit of pre-made meals has fucked this country up, very few people under 50 years old can cook a decent meal nowadays.

Where are you from? Abruzzese here.

>Heat it for a while and serve over al dente noodles
Yeah, that's where you're wrong. You don't just put shit in a pan and heat it up for a while, and you most definitely don't just pour it on top of """"""noodles"""""".

They eat spaghetti with meatballs.

Emiliano here, just enjoying my hearth attack given the amount of salumi I eat.
Which province? L'Aquila?

I'm originally from a small village near the Majella, but I'm living in Pescara now.
Needless to say, the fish here is great, but what's especially cool is that my uncle is buddies with fishermen, and about once a month he goes home with a ~5 kg box of assorted fish and crustaceans, which we fry up and then devour within a few days.

No, that's EVERY fucking regional video.
>B-but that's not a REAL Cornish pasty!
>Mexicans don't eat taco's like that!
>That's not how you do BBQ!
Every.
Single.
One.

You know what, I don't care if it's somewhat close and they're doing their best, but when someone puts particular emphasis on "this is real Italian food", and it's actually not even remotely close, now that's what gets me pissed off.

To be fair, the one video I've seen of an American making a dish from my region had them REALLY fucking it up

youtube.com/watch?v=bUMiZKyM6AA

an italian man will love a meal made by his grandma; olives grown at his uncle's farm, tomatoes by his brother's etc. and dislike everything else. Italy is a country simply working because of their love for food and they are all somewhat tolerating each other

>douchebags will even argue about whether people argue about shit

yeah and

I agree with you the elitism is annoying but I am pretty sure I could blindly pick my grandma's red sauce out of a group

Welcome to the internet.

>tfw no company wants to sell air from San Francisco so I can make real Soughdough bread.

No I'm not "wrong" my eggplant friend. That's what she said. Sheesh

>making a dish from my region had them REALLY fucking it up

Surprise, surprise Gomer! What do you think 'murrica is?

>No I'm not "wrong" my eggplant friend. That's what she said. Sheesh
Oh, I thought you were paraphrasing.
In that case, she's a goddamn retard.

here in Veeky Forums we dont post facebookfrog memes

fuck off

I knew what it was before I even clicked on the fucking thing.
Christ almighty, please don't judge all us Burgers by that ham-fisted cunt.

See, in my region, this would be considered complete heresy as we never combine meat and pulses in the same dish. We rarely even eat the two in the same day.

Out chickpea soup is:

Chickpeas
Bicarb
Water for soaking and cooking
Olive oil
Garlic cloves
1-2 cooking tomatoes
Parsley
Onion

Soak chickpeas with bicarb overnight then drain and rinse.
Put all oil and garlic in the pot.
Peel the tomatoes (blanch first, obvs) then crush by hand into the pot.
Set pot to high heat and, when oil is red and garlic is starting to colour, add chickpeas and water.
Boil, adding water from a boiling kettle as necessary, until chickpeas are cooked through and soup is thick.
Adjust salt to taste and stir in parsley.
Serve with fine-chopped onion on top. Also bread.

>don't just pout it on top of noodles

Um. How do you get it on the fucking noodles then

>it's not as simple as throwing things together and heating them
>you don't just pour it on top, you mix it with the pasta while still in the pan/saucepan (this is the case for pretty much any pasta sauce)
>THEY'RE NOT FUCKING NOODLES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

LOL triggered by "noodles"
What's wrong with "noodles?"

Not even a Britbong (steer or queer, meself), but I'm still fucking furious.

Noodles are asian, pasta is italian.

They use different flours

noodle is a shape.

holy moly youre retardioli

Anyone who calls pasta noodles is subhuman

Noodles are a pasta, but not all pastas are noodles.

Well you're mom certainly likes my noodle. Al dente if you know what I mean.

>Al dente if you know what I mean.

His mom likes to bite your dick?

In English the word noodles can refer to a shape of pasta. In Italian you don't do that. It's that simple. Stop arguing.

Yeah. Feelsgoodman

Kek, i can only imagine how good it is

>comments are disabled for this video

>tomato
Sorry, we don't eat tomatos in italy