I just thought of a clever way to solve P vs NP... and it could change everything, including quantum computers

I just thought of a clever way to solve P vs NP... and it could change everything, including quantum computers.

my way is more clever

leave the dark room

This

If I know for certain I have two reds and two blues, eat all the pills in one go. Alternatively, keep the pills in my hand and leave the room.

>you're in a dark room with two red pills and two blue pills
>no tell tale signs as to which is which
>only one of each color pill taken together will give you super powers any other combo kills you.

seems to me you need to just walk out of the room with the pills to a lit area so you can tell the pills apart and take one of each. if you have to take the pills in the dark room to get the powers, however, just take take one of each pill back in and take them.

you mean the cave.

the pills are shadows on the wall.

Oh look its this thread again. Its been a while.

I shove them up my asshole

Split each pill in half, swallow one part and discard the other.

half of each

Can I take half of each?

bruh i have a hella tolerance to pills. i'd probably get half a power if i ate them all

break them open mix em all up and drink half of it

this, or crush them, chop them together, make two lines, and sniff one. it will have to equal 1 red and 1 blue.

I pick a pill. Of the remaining three pills I choose one then change my mind and pick a different one increasing my chances to 66%.

you are not good at maths

popsci: the post

Riddle me this:
Pick a pill. Swallow one of the other three, then swallow the one you picked. There is a chance of 2/3 that you first swallowed a different color than the one you were holding. But you never had any concrete information.

>put each pill behind a piece of paper so you can't see it
>put nothing behind two pieces of paper
>six pieces of paper
>set up two monty hall set-ups, with the empties in the center
>first one act like you are going to pick the rightmost paper, but reveal the empty one and switch
>second one act like you are going to pick the leftmost one, but reveal the empty one and switch

You now have a 66.7 % chance of picking red blue

Is this picture supposed to have something to do with P vs NP? If so, I can completely guarantee you that the question of P vs NP has precisely nothing to do with what you've posted.

The monty hall problem probability conundrum is reliant on monty having knowledge of which door is the correct door. He doesnt tell you which one it is but he effectively eliminates one that it isnt.

top kek

Your chances were already 2/3rds friend

>thinking outside the box questions
ugh

Cut all pills in half
Eat the tops

Just eat them all at the same time, you will get superpowers and overdose but you won't die from the overdose because you have superpowers.

Well shit

I did that by putting nothing in the middle door (piece of paper).

There are C(4,2)=6 possible choices. Only two of them are bad: both red pills or both blue pills. The other four are desirable: r1+b1, r1+b2, r2+b1, r2+b2. You already have a 2/3rds chance of getting a good combination simply by picking two at random.

These

Puke on a bowl, put the pills, let it dissolve it. Stir, take half of the liquid and isert it up your rectum like it was a enema.

It's funny and all but people here genuinely think this a legit response. It's a little bit scary actually

Well if you can't leave the room then it's a stupid riddle anyway. What's the use of superpowers if all you can do with them is sitting around in a dark room? I wouldn't bother eating any pills then.

>implying you can cut a gelcap in half

-Swallow all 4 pills
-Jerk around for a few minute
-Vomit half the pills

eat a half of all 4 pills, that would equal to eating 1 of each blue and red

Did this ever get solved? This looks to me to be the best answer, but it's not clear from the question that you can do that.

You can certainly take a 1/2 bite out of each

>one kills me
>the other gives me superpowers
Both choices is a win for me

Why would I want superpowers?

When first thinking about this, I made the assumption that you are bare naked in the dark room, and there are four pills lying right in front of you, four on a table, side by side.

If you eat, say, a red pill, then you have a 1/3 chance of an hero'ing with the other red pill.

Assuming that the pills are in the orientation that they are presented in the image, you would eat the left most pill, which would be red, and then the right most pill, which would be blue.

Or you could use your teeth to bite half off of each pill and ensure your autism.

Otherwise, you could just open the door to the dark room, and bring light, or if that is impossible, wait for your night vision to set in and be able to barely tell what is blue or red.

Even if you can't explicitly see red and blue, the lighter shade of grey should be red, so pick the grey pill and then the dark pill.

Other than that, need more specifics on the scenario.

Eat all four, you'll get two superpowers.

lick two of them. if both taste like cherry or both taste like blueberry, then swap one of the pills for one you didn't try.

Simon, you need to get help, buddy.

>Cut all pills in half
>Eat the tops

Nuts, that's more elegant than my answer, which was to just crush all the pills together into a powder and eat half the powder. Good job.

This? Winner? What's the glitch here i cant find one.

I like this post