Daily reminder that this pathetic excuse for a human being has NEVER actually been a scientist

daily reminder that this pathetic excuse for a human being has NEVER actually been a scientist

and never claimed to be one

Pretty much this.

Nye has likely contributed more to humanity than you ever will.

But muh "he's an engineer with all the dicks in his mouth"

and you pretend to be one by merely browsing a so called science board

cheeky cunt

This.
He's a science guy, not a scientist.

Thanks Mr. Reddit.

...but he plays one on TV!

Also, I have never been a robot, why does Veeky Forums keep asking?

Great post OP!

So? He just needs to understand and explain a large variety of scientific subjects. An actual scientist is going to be specialized, and would be less likely to be able to clearly explain things to layman even within their field.

Bill Nye the bachelor's degree guy

He contributed delightful entertainment for children, which was even somewhat educational. And that's very nice. He is more famous and has touched more lives than I ever will.

That doesn't mean I respect his opinion.

This. Holy fuck scientists are goddamn awful at explaining things to laymen.

do you go to UTD OP?

He never claimed to be one. He's just a science guy.

>He doesn't even use micropipettes to move liquids around, then put them in a centrifuge, then slurp up the stuff at the bottom and stick it in fancy machines that do all the work for them
>He doesn't collect field samples and calculate the averages and standard deviations of their various measurable properties

Haha what a loser, he'll never be a valuable human being /s

His job is to indoctrinate children into leftwing ideology.

inb4 /pol/ on Veeky Forums

The Veeky Forums has always been in /pol/

Oh fug, He only has a B.S.!

>leftwing
Why is this such a bogeyman?
It's not as if the left have a monopoly on doing retarded shit.

>bigger government, more burden on the individual, we'll guilt you if we need to, what could go wrong?

>Haha what a loser, he'll never be a valuable human being /s
Hello friend I believe you may have taken a wrong turn on your trek through the internet. I think you may have been looking for this website here: www.reddit.com You don't even have to upboat me for this.
Regards,
-user

Sounds like you're indoctrinating yourself.

Basically everyone who makes the most significant scientific contributions these days is extremely uncharismatic and often they're complete social disasters. Why would you want them to be science educators for the masses? This point which is brought up all the time is so fucking stupid

Bump