Tfw finally got an idea for a plot

>tfw finally got an idea for a plot
>tfw the idea is god-tier, perfect for the themes I want to adress
Give me your best tips, O, wise failed authors

go on a bender immediately and smash out a first draft.

When you say go on a bender you mean get drunk?

1. plot is least important
2. get good

haven't failed yet because I don't write I only read, but I can tell because you browse Veeky Forums that the idea will seem good in your head but will be trash when you try to put it onto paper. also

Yes. Any sort of bender that lowers your inhibitions, really. First drafts are for writing drunk.

That happens in any creative thing not just in 4chaners

please more tips

>write out themes you want to hit
>write down how your story will address those points
>rough story outline
Do it now faggot, you're forgetting details as you read this

World building (in many cases not all) is at least as important as plot. It's important to focus on characters. How do they respond to their development? What's the relationship between this character and other characters? What's the relationship between this character and his surroundings/ideas/events? You get the idea. Include as many details as you can. You can always remove stuff later on. Hemingway said to Write Drunk; Edit Sober. Write earnestly, continuously, and don't dwell on awkward moments. Get a form down on paper and then go from there.

This will sound pretentious but as soon as you create something it becomes a living thing. It will reflect what is put into as well as what isn't put into it. Allow your mind to be a wellspring of schemata. Allow concepts to fulfill themselves. Let the blanks be filled by what makes sense. If something doesn't make sense down the road then you should cannibalize it. Make this fictional place mimic the evolutionary process.

Most importantly, have fun. Don't take it too seriously. Be willing to take a break when you can tell you're treading water.

holyfuck bros if I make it and Im not an completly untalented loser im sure you are gonna love this
i didnt know this was so fucking hard, is like making a full critic/analysis of your work before you even write it

It's not easy. Been writing the story and setting for a game I've been working on. And fuck names

nigga this shit writes itself i already got the name of the protagonist an it is related to the city where everything happens lmao wtf tfw literary genius

I just want to point out that Hemingway never said or did that.

but Hemmingway did

Well great for you user, good job. I'm not a clever man

me neither im just slightly drunk
best advice tbqh

>haven't failed yet because I don't write I only read
literal definition of fail
start typing faget

fuck i forgot the last time i got drunk i started hearing voices in my head i wasnt supposed to drink alcohol ever again

ok so i got some of the general ideas and plot on a notebook now, should i get on with the real deal now?
im scared... more wine?

Yes to both. The more you write, the more likely you can get something good out of it

ok after this cup im out of wine
wish me luck

Good luck

thanks

>tfw like 3 hours writing
>tfw just wrote half a page

OP confirmed for 16 year old

actually 20

Im guessing you're writing an action piece. Write it as a script first.

>Im guessing you're writing an action piece
nah

fuck i think im starting to remember some fag posting his plot here and it fucking sucked
it was that thread when OP said his friends were making fun of him writing a novell
does someone remember the plot?

Research as much as possible in what can help you understand those themes. Read philosophy and other books concerning the theme you have in mind to get a better grasp of it

Just keep the idea in your head. Whenever you get time in-between breaks at work, or walking around, day dream. Day dream a lot and let your thoughts wander with it. Think about that plot as much as you can.

When you do start to write, you DO NOT have to start at the beginning, but you can. Rather, start writing the immediate parts that you are thinking about.

Also, don't edit till you're done with the chapter/chunk that you are writing. You might get that horrible urge to go back and edit the few sentences or paragraphs you just wrote, but DON'T DO IT. You will take up time and forget other details that you we're thinking about.

I myself only edit when I have a good chunk (a chapter or two) and I am having a block. Editing kind of gets me going again. I also only write the parts that I've been wanting to write for a while, and just make separate documents for each with a title. Later, I put them in somewhat of an order, and then usually while I'm doing that, I think of stuff that can go in-between those chunks.

Music is also really helpful for me personally, but sometimes music without words is better for focusing.

To add to this, try and read as much as you can. Both books that fit similarly to what you are trying to write, books that don't, and books that you don't really care for. It's just as important to learn what you like about an authors writing as it is to learn what you -don't- like and don't want in your own writing. But you have to spend some time really thinking about why you do/don't like whatever you are reading. What about it makes you feel that way? Incorporate that into your own writing.

Characters are also important, but that's something you'll figure out as you go. It doesn't hurt to look up general tips on good character development though.

I remember that thread. Not the plot though, it was John Green tier

How ya doin OP? You better be writin.

I think the plot is disgusting now but I guess I have to finish this anyways
Is that or suicide

Was it about a dating site?
I think my plot is John green tier too but with a bitter taste

I remember it was a boy meets girl story.

Said no one except Tumblr posts falsely attributing quotes to Hemingway

fug mine is too but it doesnt end well

>but I guess I have to finish this anyways
Is that or suicide
implying you can't just think of another plot that's as shitty

Mommy doesn't let you out of containment very often, huh, Bubbleboy?

Damn those demons you heard thought they were sticking their dicks in a 16 year old's mouth

One step at a time, OP. Take it easy?
Why don't you share your idea with us? Maybe you will receive better guidance that way.

Don't listen to this guy, go fucking write your idea and don't get pseud advice first that might hold you back. Even if it turns out to be shit, at least you'll practice and have a product to analyze and improve your method from.

You'll think it's shit by next week

You don't have to do any of this. If you follow a process set up by someone else, you're stopping yourself from developing your own method.

Don't listen to this idiot. He's watched too many Brian Sanderson lectures.

Fucking this. Also:

>write drunk
>edit sober

Why are you holding out on us? Just give us a quick description of the plot, OP.

heres a tip

it's not as good as you think it is.
Get your head out of your ass.

Write it down. That happened to me once but then I forgot it a few hours later.