>age
>last time you asked out a girl
>current book you're reading and how do you like it

5 years ago
The Internet

>27
>~9 years ago, only time I ever asked someone out, we're married now, having kids, etc.
>The Reed Cutter and Captain Shigemoto's Mother by Junichiro Tanizaki
Finished Reed Cutter, which was like a short story-length version of one of his haiku interspersed with the non-normal sexuality he's known for. The second story is feeling bogged down with characters, but maybe that's because I wasn't already familiar with Heian court life in that specific span of decades, as they're all apparently well-known figures. Liking the intrigue.

>21
>The Metamorphosis but my German is bad
>850 days

Letters to a Young Contrarian by Hitchens.
He's good. I recommend.

Never
War & Peace
I'm enjoying it more and more as it goes on, I can't stop thinking about it recently either.

>21
>i have never talked to a girl
>gravitys rainbow, very entertaining

Five years ago, was fucking embarrassing, never asked anyone out again
A biography on Charles Ives

>21
>over 4 years ago but still dating her
>Oblivion by DFW

--
Something Wicked This Way Comes. I was enjoying it until the dust witch got shot, and now i feel like i've had too much caramel corn and grandpa's lap.

>16
>dont remember
>the jungle

its alright
gonna see if i can get my hands on Demian tomorrow

plz no ban

never
Melmoth the Wanderer

its decent desu xD

>22
>I guess a few months ago, but that fell through; the last time I asked out a girl and actually went on a date with her was probably back in May
>Moby Dick. It's pretty cash, despite the robust prose that can be difficult to read at times. However, I think the story itself is great, and I love the characters. It's grand.

pls stop
Vineland, I like it but I wish it would focus more on Zoyd and less on DL and her Nip boyfriend.

10 years ago I think
Narrating Community After Kant

>20
>July 2014 or something like that
>Lolita

6 years ago
the long ships. it's okay.

In august (still dating)
I'm reading the ring. It's fucking weird bros

never
Map and Territory by Houellecbeq, it's interesting and pretty fun, I would say.

>age
>>last time you asked out a girl
Eeeh like 3 years ago if we are going for both of us knowing it's a date, otherwise like a week ago for regular coffee (or in this case Monteverdi)
>current book you're reading and how do you like it
Metaphysics. Read 1 page of introduction, but I'll probably love it since I jerk it on other Aristotle stuff.

>27
>Two weeks ago I asked out this girl I'm into who is training to become a yoga instructor. She ended up teaching me the basics of yoga and then we went to lunch. At lunch we listened to "This is Water". She ordered IJ a few days later and now we are reading through it together.
>IJ & The Trial

last weekend i asked out my crush, still haven't really confirmed it though. There is another girl who is into me but I don't really care, though I'll go out with her anyways.
im supposed to be reading on how to write poetry. I want to enjoy it, but I am not motivated

Never, easier to be asked
Naked Lunch, I don't get why people insist on it being irredeemable garbage.

Why do you like it? I remember trying to read it in high school and the heroine and gay butt sex scared me. Gave the book back to my mom to return to the city library.

>27 years old
>a few days ago
>gravity's Rainbow for the second time

>>age
>>last time you asked out a girl
We don't really "ask girls out" in my country
>>current book you're reading and how do you like it
Heidegger - Sein und Zeit
It's pretty dry desu

>We don't really "ask girls out" in my country
why, are your marriages assigned?

11 years ago. I was so bad at it we ended up married.

Wading my way up the Oxford annotated bible. Almost done with Proverbs. They're very repetitive (as was most of the stuff so far) but unexpectedly comfy. Love the parts that warn (again and again) against the mortal perils of engaging with a "loose woman".

Perhaps a rephrase is in order. So, have you kidnapped and raped your future wife and killed several of her brothers yet?

I'm not that far into it, so I can't speak definitively about it, but so far I enjoy the writing (at least where it isn't just "rancid jism, again? Aw, mom!"), and also trying to understand what the real life analogues would be for the over the top scenes and characters.

The first segment really hooked me, the feeling of simultaneously reading a narrative for a plain meaning while seeing how the absurdly metaphorical version amplifies the most important attributes for conveying the intended meaning.

August of this year (last time before that was November 2015)

My Journey to Lhasa by Alexandra David-Nell. I'm really enjoying it, vividly written, and it's probably the first book I've ever read written by a mystic. She talks about seeing fairies and receiving omens, which is odd for a book written in 1927.

July 2011
Tecumseh: A Life, Sugden

It's good. I picked it up as research for my novel, ended up reading it straight through. Fascinating, underrated time in history.

>24
>When I asked the girl next door to marry me 20 years ago
>Sometimes a Great Notion, by Ken Kesey

It's great desu. I'm very near the end. This is a pretty pleb thing to say but I really need there to be a happy ending for some characters.

>18
>yesterday
>Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Just started getting into reading, found this at my dad's house

Brazil?

9-10 yrs ago
Manufacturing consent- thorough analysis, scientific testing of hypothesis, very critical of U.S. Govt. I'm enjoying it but it will be awhile before I read another book by Chomsky

4 years ago, it was cringe and I will never do it again.
Plato's Sophist, it's the most metaphysical heavy of the dialogues after the Republic, still trying to make sense of much of it.

>actually participating in these personal information dump threads now that hiro has invasive malware infested ads that are recording everything you type and your ip
Weeds out the reddit I guess

11 years ago
Platform by Michel Houellebecq / Isn't as impressive as other books I've read by him, but still very good

Girl here.

How come you guys don't ask us out???

I'm genuinely (haha not sure if that's how you spell it!) interested. Is it because you're afraid (aww!) or something? There's this quiet guy I like but he doesn't talk (umm, okay, what the heck?) and all he does is read (*side eye*). How am I supposed to date him if he doesn't even talk to me?

Any books about this?

>21 y.o.
>23 years ago
>Ulysses and IJ

It's because we're homosexuals, silly.

This thread helped me feel less pathetic.

Not that I am any better. I am equally as pathetic.

From my experience, the girl will immediately think I'm just trying to get it in her pants, even though I'm genuinely interested in talking and so on; and since my face is kinda busted they just walk away.

*teehee* *roar* *roar*

nice b8 m8

>18
>Never, but had sex with one last spring
>Putkinotko, pretty good tbqh

>18
>Started Tristram Shandy but have to read Atonement for a class
>3-4 years ago, in return she asked me if i had a disease and if that was why my face was so "fucked up"
Not alpha enough to stop being a bitch, not angry enough to be a robot

>22
>10 years ago
>currently just starting too many things to really know

Also read it

Gosh I'm jelly hope you have fun

>and so on
Zizek, is that you ?

Zizek thread?

I'm uglier than Zizek