Are these just called "muffins" in England, or do you call them English Muffins as well?

Are these just called "muffins" in England, or do you call them English Muffins as well?

Other urls found in this thread:

groceries.asda.com/product/bread-rolls-buns/asda-bakers-selection-oven-bottom-muffins/910000225623
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They would be packaged as simply 'muffins', but they're not really that prevalent.

Why are those muffins so damn thick? Won't fit them in a toaster.

To match customers' girths.

UK toasters are wider. Have to accommodate the crumpets, after all.

We have crumpets and english muffins in Australia as staples of breakfast food, they aren't this big.

Really? Over here we split them (carefully) amd try to angle them to control which corners get burnt.

We flattened them to accommodate our toasters
They embroadened their toasters to accommodate their baked breakfast goods

I usually cut mine in half before toasting

But if you cut a crumpet in half the butter is just going to leak out the bottom.

Read the post I'm replying to again

That's what you're meant to do. These look too thick even for that.

They're usually sliced in half in the packs

>Americans can't even cut their own muffins
What the fuck

>retards thinking english muffins and crumpets are the same thing

Most Americans have 8 slices of toast at a time so there toaster canals are equally thick to accomodate numerous slices of bread at once.

nevermind i was wrong, they aren't presliced. i don't know why i thought they were.

obsessed

I know you're shitposting but that makes no sense on any level.

We call 'em miffildy wheat rolls over the pond guv'nah!

i've always known them to just be called muffins
but american style choco-bloco-frooty-tooty sugar muffins are also called muffins
if there needs to be an explicit deferential i'd assume people would call them english muffins

Just "muffins", or if you really need to differentiate between them & individual cakes, "oven bottom muffins"

Proof: groceries.asda.com/product/bread-rolls-buns/asda-bakers-selection-oven-bottom-muffins/910000225623