How do I make grilled cheese? The oils always burn the bread before the cheese melts

How do I make grilled cheese? The oils always burn the bread before the cheese melts.

oils?

What the fuck are you oiling?

I don't understand hpw you could even do that with wellgreased bread, but I guess you could just use a lid

I use a mixture of olive oil and vegetable oil on the pan too dilute the strong olive oil taste

Use butter or vegetable oil, olive oil is not suitable for this.

I use butter. Melt it in the pan, just enough to coat each side of the bread. Keep it open, place the cheese on each side, so it starts to melt. Once it does you can plop it together and then toast each side to your preference. Make sure you keep the stove at a medium temp, or you'll have the same issues as youre having now.

dont oil the pan at all idiot, you butter the toast and plop it into a hot pan

lel

double checked and correct: use butter

also, cover the pan

Your heat is too high. You should be able to figure that much out.

Fix your microwave

honestly how have you made it this far in life being this fucking stupid

?

I use a mixture of olive oil and butter and it gives the sandwich a much crispier outside than just butter alone. I've never had issues with the cheese not melting, maybe OP is just using too high of a heat.

If you can't keep your burner at a low enough temp, wrap in foil and toss in the oven .

>grilled cheese
>isn't grilled
>doesn't contain cheese
You guys are strange.

Sandwich toaster. It toasts the bread on flat plates from the outside of the sandwich.

the cheese needs to be room temperature

You need to make sure your bread is grill friendly. It usually says it under the nutrition facts. Also, make sure you're using american cheese. It works the best

>The oils always burn the bread before the cheese melts.

Turn the heat down. How is this not obvious?

>using olive oil for grilled cheese
>using oil at all
Just use a tiny bit of butter if anything you fat fuck

Lower your heat idiot omg

I agree american cheese is the best cheese I can easily eat tons of it

I use olive oil for grilled cheese, there's literally nothing wrong with it. This guy is just using the pan at way too high of a temp.

Olive oil is like salt and pepper. You can acceptably use it in anything in small enough doses.

HOW DO YOU fuck up a grilled cheese?

>grilled cheese without a fair amount of butter
I mean if you want a substandard grilled cheese, sure. You need to use a fair amount of butter for it.

Low and slow with butter in the pan and mayo on the bread.

depending on the hardness ofthe cheese I always cook mine on 2/5 setting or 3/5 setting

Butter instead of oil, over medium heat.

Put butter ON THE BREAD. Not the pan. White or white wheat, it cant be the good shit or it will burn. Make sure the stove is set to medium low, it's better you cook it too slow than too fast. Use American only if you don't want that hard greasy cheese wad cheddar will give you. Cook the sandwich after it's fully assembled. You can nuke it for up to 15-20 seconds if the cheese just won't melt, but to avoid this, let it sit out for a while and reach room temperature.

The mayo just makes it taste really weird. It doesn't burn as easily but I'll just learn to not burn the thing if it means it won't taste like eggs.

Bullshit it makes peas taste horrible. Like soil.

Moron.
Its too hot, grilled cheese is low and slow. Be patient, its not a three minute sandwich.
LOW heat!

turn your heat down you idiot

kek

just grill one side of the bread then flip the bread add cheese to the warm side of the slice and it'll melt much faster

Get yourself a panini press.

are you using organic bread?

honestly how have you made it this far in life being this fucking stupid

WRONG! Olive oil makes excellent grilled cheese sammies. Coconut oil is the best though.

is using mayo for grilled cheese not that common?

Not super common but not unheard of, and is a perfectly acceptable thing to do.

You butter the bread. That's it. Put nothing on the pan.

>all these pretentious assholes using fucking olive oil for fucking grilled cheese

fucking lmao

>using oil for grilled cheese

how many miles under a rock do you have to live to even attempt this? you just butter the bread, dude, what the fuck

Yeah, screw them.

Goose fat or bust, motherfuckers.

Back in uni I'd put the bread in the toaster then microwave the cheese. Not the best but it worked

How is olive oil pretentious?

>olive oil
>pretentious
lmao what flyover shithole are you from?

Wh-WHAT? How in the fucking world do you fuck up literally the easiest pan recipe? Go back to microwaving your canned soup unless you manage to fuck that up as well you inbred mongoloid.

>not using delicious grease drippings from smoked lamb brisket

It's so simple even you can do it
>set pan to medium heat
>lightly butter bread
>lightly add olive oil for taste
>place cheese inside sandwich
>cook on pan for 5 minutes or till golden brown
>take of pan and place onto plate
>slice diagonally for triangle shapes
>enjoy with tomato basil soup and sausage
For fucks sake at least take it off when you smell it burning

just cook it on a low heat you monster

Bake it w/o oil for 10 min on 450°F. Swiss cheese works best

is this a JOJO reference?

>sammies
Do us all a favor and suck off a shotgun.

This, a thousand times this. Pic related is how a proper grilled cheese should look like.

Can anyone attest to using mayo instead of butter or oil

> Round
> Bleeding
> Sliced

How does it feel to know you're wrong?

Yeah dude its pretty fucking great extra crispy. I like both so i make one with butter and one with mayo.

>ITT: people who don't know the difference between grilling and frying.
Retards.

Go easy on them user, they're American. I mean they can't even spell "boil" correctly; they keep putting an 'r' in it for some reason. Poor lambs.

>>poster who doesn't know what a plancha grill is

EASY PERFECT "GRILLED" CHEESE (OR OTHER HOT/TOASTED SANDWICH) EVERY FUCKING TIME

Construct a sandwich with the outside of each slice of bread buttered. Stick it in the oven/toaster oven/convection oven for 10 minutes at 345 F, just below the smoke point of butter.

Sandwich will be hot, bread will be perfectly crisped/brown but not burnt, cheese will be perfectly melty. Every fucking time.

IN the cafeteria where i worked we microwaved the sandwiches first, then butter them a bit and into the pan. brety good.

A commercial flat-top cooking surface is called a "grill". Hence, "grilled cheese".
Fuck off Alton, you think you're clever and funny with HURR HURR WATCH ME MAKE LITTLE ALUMINUM FOIL TRAYS AND MELT CHEESE ON A BBQ GRILL NOW IT'S REALLY GRILLED CHEESE!!! but you're not.

Been dwelling in my mind since I watched that shit. Alton's a dumb mother fucker sometimes.

Using olive oil to make a toastie?

...What am I reading?
Veeky Forums I need an adult...

I can practically guarantee you he knows and he's just trying to be funny. The problem is, he's not.

But both sides of the bread you're using, put cheese in between slices of bread, bake in oven at 400F until bread starts to brown, flip, let other side brown, wa la!

low heat until the cheese melts you trog

Burnt grilled chess is the best!

turn the burner down from 700F

i don't understand how people burn grilled cheese

try this op

i know learning how to cook can be difficult. when i was first learning how i didn't realize the buttered side of the bread needed to be on the pan so my grilled cheese looked a lot like yours. just keep practicing and you'll get it

Jesus christ, butter two slices of bread, pan on low heat, first slice in butter down, then cheese then second bread butter up. Cook until golden and flip. Fuck sakes are you 4?

The best way to cook a grilled chees sandwich :
- get a stove and stove cover
-heat the stove, put a little piece of butter in it.
-put your sandwich when the butter is melted
-when till the color of the sandwich on the hot side is good, just lift it a litle bit with a spatula to see the color.
-when you have a good color, flip the sandwich and put a glass bottom of water in the stove and cover it.
-wait 2-3 min, I'm not sure... and you will have a soft and right grilled cheese sandwich.
For a better meal you can mix ohter cheese together.
I'm french so I have a large choice of cheese, I love my country. :^)

Butter both sides of the bread and butter the pan. Grilled cheese is 10x better smothered in butter. Just do it. Good luck user.

Yeah but all the fucking retards in this thread are using a frying pan.

>pan
That's frying not grilling?