Who home filter water here? I laugh at those soccer moms who have to buy bottled water everyday

Who home filter water here? I laugh at those soccer moms who have to buy bottled water everyday.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hFuIUvBdoE4
a.co/9qib28e
amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0ZGOZM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39505999
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Same here. I refer to bottled water as "the stupid tax".

>i have a filteration system
>i still by 32 count cases of water because im not pleb
It all just comes down to taste, really

The water in my city still tastes of chlorine and lead even after filtering from the sink and again in a Brita pitcher, so buying bottled water is a must.

>so buying bottled water is a must.

No, your brita cartridge just needs replacing. It should be removing chlorine. If you can still taste it then your cartridge wore out.

Tastes like that with a brand new filter. The water is notoriously shitty in my city. It ate all of our metal pipes and we had to replace with PVC

>not having enough money to move where there is clean water

God I hope i'm never this pleb.

/our guy/ to the rescue

youtube.com/watch?v=hFuIUvBdoE4

You're going to need stronger filters.

a.co/9qib28e

Tap filter or pitcher filter are both great

I live an hour North of Los Angeles, I bet it is more expensive to live here than where you are.

That is similar to what my water filter looks like

I live in NYC where our water is so good it doesn't need much treatment at all

I still filter it because it's not kosher otherwise

Ah, you're still living down where you get shitty water. (I'm not the guy you were replying to, btw). Move further north, friend! I live about halfway between Sac and Tahoe, and the water here is glorious. I still use a filter, just in case, but it tastes great.
>mfw the cold tap water comes out icy cold and fresh in the winter and spring from all dat snow.
It comes out so cold, it gives my counter top water dispenser outside condensation just from filling it.

I just bought a house in Las Vegas to get out of Commiefornia. I didn't even consider moving North.

>have filtered water
>mother keeps buying bottled water
>WHY
>she explains that she carries it with her at work
>she fucking drinks it at home too
>buy her a bottle with a filter on it
>still buys bottled water
>"I just use the bottles when I'm outside!"
>loses the filter bottle
>there's so many plastic bottles everywhere

I notice that old used up filters are a lot heavier than new ones. And not even when theyre full of water. Is that due to crustacean corpses?

Probably, imagine what they're doing to your GI tract

Sediment is part of it. A large part is simply the fact that they are damp inside. Even if there is no obvious water dripping out the cartridge is likely still wet.

I bought this a month ago. Love it. Tank holds roughly 2.5 gallons and does its job well.

amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0ZGOZM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Install would be easy for most people, but i had to run new copper from my pump to my sink because the previous owners used these piercing compression fittings all over the fucking house.

Well, that's certainly a step down. Jesus. At least you didn't pick Reno, though. Enjoy, I guess......

What's it like living in third world countries given that you need to filter your tap water?

My tap water is actually drinkable, because I don't live in a third-world country.

What do you think happens to the crap they filter out? Magic?

y- no

Tell her she's ruining the environment with all the plastic bottles. Maybe buy her an insulated stainless steel water bottle. Keeps the water nice and cool for hours. It make her more likely to use it.

>live in south east england my whole life
>move to scotland temporarily
>come back to England
>the water tastes like absolute shit
God damn scottish water is tasty

She doesn't even like cold water. She's knows it's bad for the environment so now she recycles (I did one thing right but she still needs to reduce)

I should just get a huge one with a filter so she literally cannot run out of it for hours and thus will not be able to have an excuse.

chris?

Yeah. There's a lot of very old plumbing here and a lot of our tap water tastes like pipe. It's not pleasant.

I have a whole-house filter, an under-sink RO filter and I buy distilled H2O to drink ($0.88/G @ Wal-Mart). Clean water is a very big deal.

If you have an undersink RO filter then why would you buy distilled water? RO filtered water is more highly pure than standard distilled water.

Not drinking water as it is from the tap, guess you're all from the 3rd world...

>entire state invaded by millions of illegal Mezkins, central, and south Americans, which creates an increased competition for resources
>state government tyrants continue to subsidizes the invasion with U.S. and state tax dollars in the form of welfare and education benefits
>wonder why the cost of living is high

Don't need one when you live in a place where tap water is clean enough to drink anyway

>clean enough to drink
aim high, Veeky Forums

Water is perfectly drinkable in first world countries. Only time I buy bottled is when I visit the 3rd world, but I haven't been to america yet so I'll have to factor that in to my spending money I guess.

probably because the lack of minerals gives it a strange taste, which is why even Dasani adds them back in.

Who here has to filter their water? I laugh when I see those city fags being forced to filter water

>rent at least 170% more expensive
>tap water is literally so harmful that you need to filter it after it leaves the treatment plant
>terrible infrastructure
>houses sandwiched side by side so close you have to to actually be quiet after 10:00 pm
>streets so narrow in residential areas that you have to slow down and pull over if a car is coming in the opposite direction
>buying groceries at the shady gas station down the block
>constant risk of burglary
>BUT MUH CULTURE MUH NIGHT LIFE MUH SMALL VENUE BANDS

Fuck right off city fags

>no replies in 11 minutes
>needs more greentext!
Your hard work deserves a (You)

This.

>live in australia
>regularly just fill bottles with water straight from the tap and it's delicious

I use the one at work, and just bring it home in bottles. RO masterrace here.

I've never heard anything good about Australian water quality. It's always "g'day m8 have some gyppo water, no not gypsies it's fulla gypsum!".

Tap water in my apartment tastes really nice here in Hannover, Germany. There is no need for any filter.

Don't need to filter my tap water tastes amazing as it is

You know, If you moved to a flyover state the water quality would probably improve considerably and the cost of living would be less.

>TFW I live in a place where the tap water is cleaner and better tasting than any bottled water.
Feels good not living in a third world country like America.

i either use pic related or just drink tap water. In Moscow it's safe to drink and the taste isn't bad at all, btw German tap water is better

What is the Litres wasted to Litres collected ratio pls ?

I but bottled because I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and the water tastes like it's from a 3rd world country, filter or not.

America is a continent

America is a country, and (the) Americas is (two) continents. So shut your whore mouth.

Call it what you want, it's still full of plebs and the majority of you voted trump in.

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39505999

He was right, though.

Did leaf blower sales drop as well?

3:1

Daily reminder that if you have to filter the tap water, you're living in a third-world country.

My tap is ok, dont really nerd filtering, just get bottled for tea

Reverse osmosis and distillation are the only filtering systems which deserve consideration IMO.

>the only filtering systems worth considering aren't filtering systems
Nice going user