What are the greatest philosophical texts ever written? I'm reading this right now...

What are the greatest philosophical texts ever written? I'm reading this right now, feel like Ive been endowed with mad knowledge. By philosophical texts I mean either dry expository text like pic related or philosophy presented as a story (like Thus Spoke Zarathustra or The Stranger)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vSY18zIHQAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jesus I hate that book so much. What a nightmare for ethics.

Favorites:
Birth of Tragedy
World as Will and Representation
Interpretation of Dreams
Laocoon
Herder's Treatise on the Origin of Language
Spinoza's Ethics
Confessions
Fear and Trembling
God's Zeal
Varieties of Religious Experience
Benjamin's Essays
Lukacs's Theory of the Novel
Gargantua and Pantagruel

Phenomenology of Spirit

I can only take so much of this before growing weary.

c.g. Stein's Objects

>What a nightmare for ethics.
>implying this a bad thing
Whats wrong with testing the foundation of ethics? It only strengthens it in the end. It did lead to a lot of bad philosophies (social constructionism and post modernism), but thats exactly what Nietzsche was trying to avoid. He completely changed philosophy forever, for better and worse

Not saying it's a bad thing at all; I just didn't like it.

I take a lot of classes in ethics/value theory and these pseudo-Neitzcheans are obnoxious.

Huh?

>Gargantua and Pantagruel
i have this book but kinda afraid that i will not understand references. What are prerequisite philosophical readings?

Just an example of something that gets very tiresome after a while. I mean, the entire section on Spirit in The Phenomenology is really intriguing initially, like Gertrude Stein's Objects, but its repetitive nature makes it insufferable after a bit.

Perhaps I just don't like his writing.

You'll be fine if you just pick up an edition with footnotes. Most of the references aren't philosophical but rather historical

Sein und Zeit

Oh I see, yes it's very convoluted sometimes. His Logic is much clearer.

what is c.g.?

It's just a way of pointing to something else. T. S. Elliot likes to use it, so does my old modernism professor.

It's basically a lazy, ambiguous way of directing attention to something similar or a source.

but what does it stand for?, I googled it and it doesn't exist

sure you don't mean cf.?

that's exactly what i mean, i'm just an idiot.

Yeesh. Let's let this thread fade into obscurity now

Critique of Cynical Reason

continental fags get out

holy shit i never thought i'd see someone else
post this

youtube.com/watch?v=vSY18zIHQAU

Cuck boi

Thank god I'm not the only person on the internet who has read Sloterdijk

>Slaughter-dick