What's some of the best bread you've ever been served at a restaurant?

What's some of the best bread you've ever been served at a restaurant?

Hard mode: no chains - so no Cheddar Bay Biscuits, or that dark bread at Outback.

To be perfectly honest, none of you have had good bread at a restaurant unless it was Blue Hill at Stone Barns

McChicken

i love bread.

>hard mode no chains
So the thread is just a bunch of people talking about local restaurants no one has heard of?

r8

That's valuable information. I might have occasion to be in the area someday.

Frenchfag here. EVERY village here has a local bakery who makes usa standard 9.5/10 bread. fuck you and your fucking sugary 2 month use by date bread.

7/10
Probst tasty b/c it's bread but looks unimpressive and lacking in fluffiness

Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse yeast rolls.

perfect for sandwiches and french toast/10

Yeah, living as an immigrant in the US and the bread sucks. Good bakery bread is as good as any bakery in Europe, but hard to come by.
The sliced bread in Europe is so much better too. (Brennan's is top tier) Here I have to buy "sugar-free" bread as if it is unusual not to sweeten bread.

Why are euros permatriggered by America? Baguettes suck by the way, both the people and the actual bread.

If you consider pao de queijo bread, fogo de chao.

If not, Steak & Ale had what can only be described as the grandfather of outback's brown bread. Better in literally every respect. God fuck I miss that place.

looks a bit overproofed, but probably still great. 7/10

Is it halal bread?

steakhouse yeast rolls

Onion naan at Medina (I think it's a pakistani place?)

BEST BASED BREAD

>Dark bread
You mean molasses bread?

Who the fuck cares?

Mastories in NJ (around Trenton) sells fucking amazing cheese bread, and also a cinnamon bread.

Some wouldnt like it because it can be sweet, but once in a while its so good. Kinda sweet, very soft, great texture, and a good butteryness to it. So fucking good.

Now that Im thinking about it might just go by some tomorrow.

Italian Village (inb4 butthurt New Jersey fuckers) in Corsicana TX.
Light fluffy yeast rolls with a slightly crisp crust on the top.
They come with any meal and you get as many as you want, because it's Texas and we're a bunch of steers, in addition to the queers (Austin).

Are there any restaurants where they make the butter themselves instead of giving you those packets?

Pretty much nowhere just gives out bread but there's one restaurant that has free sopapillas after your meal on Fridays

This bread was fucking godly. Had it at a Finnish steakhouse. Its dark but has a nice sweet taste to it. Great appetizer with butter.

Had zucchini bread at a local German restaurant. Was absolutely delicious, made me want to make it myself even though I'm not much of a baker