The Cancer Killing Veeky Forums

Don't delete this thread, mods, it's within the rules Hiro outlined.

There are principally two things killing Veeky Forums that no one is addressing;

1. Threads which have no relation to Veeky Forums eg "What is purpose?" and "Is x drug Veeky Forums?"

2. Beginner threads eg "Is this worth reading?" "What does Veeky Forums think of x?" and "What is some x literature?"

In order to restore Veeky Forums to its former glory, every single thread which breaks these rules must be deleted and a message given to the poster saying "not Veeky Forums" or "read the sticky"

I suggest the janitors start doing their fucking job and implement fascist order (who cares if the threads decrease) and institute a culture of high quality posts.

And before any newfags or people from Ribbit start crying, kill yourselves!

That's what happens over at Veeky Forums.

I'd also delete threads about genre fiction, and give a message to the OPs telling them to post in the SF/F containment thread.

I wonder if the SF/F thread should be a sticky.

All the bad posts throughout every board almost always tend to be people who haven't read the sticky or are shitposting to get on with their time.

What do the fucking janitors do all day? How hard is it to spend one minute every hour, quickly scrolling through the board and deleting all the beginner posts?

if everybody just used the report button. maybe the janitors would realize that people don't like the shitpost and do something.

There's far too much spillover from /pol/. Literal Trumposting and anti-Feminism threads.

determining which drugs are officially Veeky Forums is an important job.

who needs to be done away with is the "retail cuck" boy/boys who comes in here every day after work to live journal his misery with an "any lit related to this" tacked on at the end to differentiate it from the /r9k/ post.

I wouldn't really care about a "drugs for reading a bunch of shit", but is x Veeky Forums should be put into a lifestyle general or a qtddtot. They are never funny enough to deserve killing a thread.

Kill yourself, you effeminate male.

>hur dur how do i appear x way

I bet you're a twink, leave this board forever.

nice pasta only oldfag remember.

Literally every single one of these threads could either be solved by going to the Sticky or by actually reading the fucking book instead of asking questions.

Why the fuck don't the janitors delete every one of these posts? Is it because they too are plebeians? I think so.

>"Is x drug Veeky Forums?"
I love these threads. Why are you even here if you don't enjoy Veeky Forums culture?

Go back to where you came from, you effeminate loser.

That is not literature. When was the last time you read a fucking book? Loser!

what's the matter? frustrated by of your pathetic wage job? or are you just miserable in general and think anyone who uses drugs must be trying to escape the general misery in which you live

either way you sound like a fat, scared, virgin nerd

>guy who takes drugs to look 'lit' calls others depressed

Lmao! Nice projecting.

Stress checking the fucking archive also. We do not need daily threads on HP Lovecraft when he has been discussed a million times in the past

exactly

I approve this so much

Those beginner threads are the only time we ever actually talk about books.

obvious reddit lingo

The mods here are such buffoons, I swear. Just remove the /pol/ and /a/ scum threads.

>wanting the mods to hear us
did we get a lot of newfags who think they're editors? where are the slush editor hell threads if so?

Donald, is that you?

Also please no more "this_____ is reddit"

I pretty much agree OP. Seems like most everyone in the thread does. Now that that's settled, what do we want out of Veeky Forums? What kinds of threads do we want anons? Let's make this a constructive thread.

I want more threads with 2D hentai

haha

I want people to talk about books rather than talking about reading books. I want people to start threads by telling us what they thought of a book they've read.

No, it would encourage people who have actually read the fucking books to discuss the ideas without first asking "hah-ha guys s-should i read this?"

this

>telling us what they thought of a book they've read.

So much this. Also, one thing I would say is that a lot of recommendation threads get shat on, but I think they are some of the best threads sometimes.

Memes can still exist and can still be funny without dominating the board and without killing old threads just for a minute internal chuckle.

Good idea. Any discussion about literature should be banned, and in its place we will have freshman philosophy circlejerks.
Only posts about books no one has ever read should be allowed, facilitating discourse.
Every thread will be a poetry thread. If a post doesn't mention what season it is at least 20 times, and it doesn't describe in great detail the song of some species of bird, the post is low quality and will be deleted.

I agree. And I'm sure everyone does too. Or at least every true scotsman. "So much this!"

Now for the constructive part. On my ideal Veeky Forums board I would like to see X, but I can't really tell you why I think that that would be good for Veeky Forums. Quite likely I'm not even aware why I should have to be able to tell you so.

I would also like to see an universally enforced rule that anons must refer to one another with gender neutral pronouns. Best choice would be "xe".

You sound buttmad, did the OP refer directly to one of your posts?

I imagine it went something like this;

>"h-hey guys, d-does anyone have any recs f-for x, im-im a b-bit new to literature, h-ha th-those sjws right?..."

Sad!

I wasn't replying to the OP

Go home, Donald.

I second this

its the /pol/tards and their race/gender baiting

>I'd also delete threads about genre fiction, and give a message to the OPs telling them to post in the SF/F containment thread.
>I wonder if the SF/F thread should be a sticky.
Why are you a. promoting generals and b. typing

this?

>We do not need daily threads on HP Lovecraft when he has been discussed a million times in the past
Come again? Someone comes into Veeky Forums with an urge to discuss HP Lovecraft, creates a thread for it and you decide that a thread which is on topic and doesn't break any rules for the board is not permitted just because you are a sack of shit who spends their time 24/7 on a hobby board instead of spending their time on the actual hobby?
Take a sabbatical from the board if anons discussing something you have already discussed makes you feel that others out not be permitted to, you piece of shit.

Although /pol/tards are an issue, the newfags are still a predominant issue.

Delete all their posts and point them to the sticky.

Good post

delete the board. leave only sticky. delete first half of sticky.

Fucking retard, you think these two Lovecraft threads are of any importance?

Also, stop being so buttmad, loser!

>I want people to start threads by telling us what they thought of a book they've read.
Then you have the retards who feel you ought not be permitted to discuss such works because they have already discussed such things in the past, like this fuckwit: Guarantee there are many anons who would also love to rain on your parade with the same attitude.

Yes, that's correct, a board should progress collectively and develop a culture which is high status and of high intellect.

Or do you want this board to predominantly be newfags all the time? Because that's what you're advocating!

Plebeian!

>tfw spoonfed complaining user and now he is a greedy baby
>he wants all the other new hatchlings to starve
>he wants to grow bigger than all previous iterations of his parent species
oh, it's a cuckoo infestation. we need to kill it before it reaches maturity.
>constant progress
>progress at all
please read more babby it's good for you. you'll make it to the middle ages some day.

too bad so many of the "patricians" on this board obsess over meme trilogies and 5-8 authors, and then go and shit on NYRB stuff as hipster fodder with minor importance at best, except for OMG williams.

Delete threads that are just /r9k/ bs with "books for this feel" at the end. Delete /pol/ race/gender bait threads. Delete Zizek/Jordan Peterson threads unless they're referencing a specific book of theirs (they never do).

>user is all one person
people who read only NYRB are as bad as DFW fans t.b.h. NYRB is prone to being hipster fodder from their business plan: they republish books, so not attracting hipsters in that situation is about as hard as if you just opened up a vintage bike repair and organic hand ground coffee shop.

Who hurt you user?

Why do you hate me so much to ask me that in such a condescending tone? $20 says you're also white as well

>he thinks i'm referring to those tards

Those posters are effeminate queers.

>let's cut most of the already miniscule revenue this board generates for our japanese master by enforcing strict rules and driving off most of the visitors so that hiro finally deletes this huge stinking cloaca

you shouldve filled out a janitor application then instead of shitting up the board with another useless thread. you can also hide the threads that you don't like. whether you like it or not, most of the posts in that screenshot are definitely about literature, even if those books are discussed often (i do agree with you about the /r9k/ and /mu/ crossover posts where the OP just describes having a bad day and then asking for recs with no other input)

>hur dur don't question your environment just let it continue
>if you see a pile of trash on your street, dont attempt to clean it up or discuss how to clean it up with others, just ignore it and let it continue

Loser!

Yes.

It's a meme ya dip

>that fire hydrant is ugly so its trash!
>wtf why isnt the city removing the fire hydrant that i specifically don't like that are all over the street it should be a special color and unique design that no one except me understands!
learn how to handle people discussing books other than you

What does "dip" even mean ese?
Typical white male privilege, thinks xe can just use all the memes and not be responsible if their content is problematic.

Fuck off, retard.

We have a sticky for a reason.

You must be a newfag. Bye!

Please stop replying to him

>itt
>peer-review Veeky Forums
>have editors