Tfw lost all faith and moral objectivity in the last few months

>tfw lost all faith and moral objectivity in the last few months
>tfw you realize Marx was right about organized religion

What did he say about organized religion?

Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

He's talking more about social conditions being oppressive than about religious belief

>sharing a religion with someone else
Big mistake. Few people are worth your time, and trying to find them certainly isn't.
Having your own religion means nobody else can bring shame upon it.

>mfw I am a college freshman too

Nope, Marx would describe religious belief as a social condition

Lrn 2 dialectics

>Americans still think objective morality and religion are the same thing

so does the tooth fairy, and santa clous

It's hard to have objective morality without an absolute moral arbiter.

he was wrong.religion is just a way with ppl of shared values to network and support each other...people who love european culture, freedom and prosperity express their shared values through the christian faith. people who love oriental despotism, violence and death express their shared values through islamic faith. people who value resentment, poverty and and dictatorship express their shared values through the communist party, and so on and so forth...it's not about "the sigh of the masses under oppression" or else rich dudes like Rockefeller or Bin-Laden wouldn't be religious as fuck.

self preservation is a biological trait

the idea the soul exists after death is your primal subconscious being afraid of death

Where is your evidence for this?

sorry forgot to add

t. me

how do I believe in God again lads

prayer and worship feel so artificial

bros recommend me a rad protestant church in manhattan where i can network with patrician one percenters, i'm thinking Episcopalian, any recs?

Try ritual dancing and annual child sacrifices.

do it like you believe it.

Like most zealots, he was right about every religion but his own; don't convert to Marxism just because you're no longer a theist.

You can't. Once you cease believing in fairy tales you can't go back without hard evidence.

Marx is a fuckhead neet and commies should be gassed
you should unironically read stirner op

What's hard is having objective morality *with* an absolute moral arbiter, see Euthyphro dilemma. A majority of philosophers accept moral realism but basically none accept divine command theory.