Are there any anti-environmentalist philosophers?

Are there any anti-environmentalist philosophers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iGCfiv1xtoU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dölään Truumppä

can't find him

Donnie van Tromp

Donarudo Turampo kun.

Donavelli Trumpiano

/'dɒnəld trʌmp/

Donaldo Trampito

Donut Trampoline

Hate to shit your thread up, but Stefan Molyneux believes that global warming is blown out of the proportions.

literally whom

Donald von Trumpf

You could also argue it via the descartian devil route desu

peter stolemydick or, you know, however you write that name.

We got it samefag, stop spamming your shitty meme

please elaborate

Sure is Reddit in here.

Go back to your safe space.

No because philosophers are smart ya doofus ',:^)

Anyone who's intelligent knows the ESA has done more harm than good.

Hegel.

>Are there any anti-environmentalist philosophers?

Only one.

But he's a big league philosopher.

Yes. Finally I can recommend this piece.

Wisdom in the Open Air: The Norwegian Roots of Deep Ecology

youtube.com/watch?v=iGCfiv1xtoU

Trump is neither a philosopher nor remotely pertinent to the subject, you mouthbreather, there isn't a point to spamming the thread besides your pathological need for shitposting.

>he calls himself an ecologist
>he doesn't advocate the extermination of billions for the preservation of nature
this is how I know you don't take your beliefs seriously

the only coherent ecologists were Hitler and Stalin

Basically all the German idealists.

Just watched this.

Complete moron, toilet tier philosophy. The memes were right, the guy is an ambling retard.

>Are there any anti-environmentalist philosophers?
CEO Nwabudike Morgan

The Koch Brothers

stop posting here. i know it's you.

top fucking kek user

god i love this place

Nick Land, probably

get off the computer pentti you're not even supposed to have electricity

>"Resources exist to be consumed. And consumed they will be, if not by this generation then by some future. By what right does this forgotten future seek to deny us our birthright? None I say! Let us take what is ours, chew and eat our fill."-CEO Nwabudike Morgan "The Ethics of Greed"

He also comments on his on videos pretending to be other people. The man is a fool in every way.

user i am 100% agreeing with you. the post was great and i love me some SMAC also

that quote was the first thing to pop into my head because it perfectly encapsulates anti-environmentalism

this, unironically

If you're smart enough to study and publish in the field of philosophy, you're probably smart enough to realize how fucking stupid and suicidal it is to kill our own home. The only people who encourage the destruction of our world are those who stand to profit from it.

absolutely this

he's basically the anti-Kaczynscki
though they would agree on how leftists are pathetic

>implying we all haven't profited by the rising standard of living based off cheap but dirty energy during the last 200 years of industrialization

If you're smart enough to study and publish in the field of philosophy, you're probably smart enough to realise how an anthropocentric humanist natalist optimist worldview isn't an unquestionable given.

How so a given? As in its inevitability or however objectively sound our existence should be here?

Economists and liberals (rightwing) are the reigning champs bringing in this destruction.

Anti-environmentalism isn't about going back to living like the primitives, it's about advancing to renewable clean energies and preserving the planet that we're destroying at a horrifying rate. The ideas I would associate with "anti-environment philosophy" would be ones that preach how good and just it is to tear the earth apart.

Environmentalism is a spook.

Environment is the least spooky thing there is. Damn memers

>the only coherent ecologists were Hitler and Stalin
Only a perpetually squinting finn can believe shit like this.

>let's teach people a lesson about ecology
>so we create a planet that's basically a dormant hivemind
-_-

Environmentalism is not environment.

No, it is definitely a spook.

I was also interested in this, but there seem to be none. Just techno-optimists, and maybe Francis Bacon.

What is currently happening within environmentalism is ecomodernism which is - to borrow a concept - capitalism with a 'green face'.

Every Utilitarist basicly