Hello faggots! any secret/special tips for a great, tasty chili?

Hello faggots! any secret/special tips for a great, tasty chili?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2011/11/real-texas-chili-con-carne.html
youtu.be/eQ9eY0_DoEk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sear the shit out of some beef, finely chopped onions and jalapenos that's been salted and had your chili seasonings of choice
>once everything is cooked and all the water has evaporated and it's browned and there's a fond on the bottom of the pan, throw in some grated/crushed garlic and mix it in, then add some salsa and your beans (complete with the bean cum if they came in a can, that shit's just thickened, protein rich water with a lot of the bean flavor in it)
>add enough beef broth to cover, add chili seasoning to your taste and simmer until the beans are about falling apart, mash some if your cooking liquid isn't thick enough for your taste

>if you do tomato-chili, add a cup of espresso.
>there is no such thing as "too much garlic"
>lime juice and fresh coriander if no tomatos, bean-only-chili
>cumin OR monks pepper. do use one, don't use both.

put beans in it

>bean cum

what about cum... cum

The only way to make great chili is to omit the beans.

>espresso

isn't the flavour of coffe too intense and recognizable?

I put 1/2 a teaspoon of marmite in mine, it ups the meaty flavor significantly and can't be detected by taste

I mean whatever floats your boat you fucking weirdo

how do you do tomato-less chili?

coriander or parsley?

coffee flavour compliments the dark, beanfilled tomato slop that is a chili. gotta be espresso, not a full blown cup of brew.
thickened broth. I really am the tomato-chili type of person, but using a dark rouge, lots of meat or some really flavourful (mutton/lamb or goat, elk though it'd be a waste, really), and as user put it "beancum", you can get a nice chili going without tomato.

I used to do "beans, cured meat & onions" kind of meal as a teen, guess it qualifies as a tomatoless chili

I also often use corn and mushrooms in my chilies for diversity

>ups the meaty flavor
>can't be detected by taste

whew, the retards are out today

Oh, btw, chocolate supposedly is also a nice note. though haven't tried it myself yet, but it does sound like a pinch of cocoa powder'd go nice with it.
both, but on top, wouldn't cook it with the rest. sour cream is a nice topping too and looks great as a contrast to dark chilies. if you care about looks that it.

and since I'm playing with new ideas here, has anyone tried chili with sage in it?

you could also have a "light" chili. beans, lots of greens, bell peppers, corn, lime juice, and again, this post is just me listing ideas I haven't tried yet, peppermint. served cold for hot summer evenings

seriouseats.com/2011/11/real-texas-chili-con-carne.html

ever tried cream or greek yoghurt at the end to make it a bit smoother, trimming down on the spicy kick and thicken it up?

youtu.be/eQ9eY0_DoEk the recipe is amazing and the guy is actually really cool

huh, he gies out of the way to say how there isn't "the best" chili, because its an extremely diverse dish, but tells us this is the recipe for "real texan chili"

desu, it looks fine, but its just seasoned meat that way. at least serve it over rice or something. seems kind of boring. which isn't meant as "you mustn't love what i dont like", but, you know. I did take the time to type it all out. there are better things one could do with all that fine meat.

if it gets too spicy or needs "presentation", I use creme fraiche/sourcream, and tomato puree works great as "thickening agent"

used cream once, chili didn't turn out too good, but it wasn't the creams fault. chilies were kind of off, and beans were undercooked.

as for greek yoghurt, don't use it normally in my cuisine, not that its bad in any way, its just not exactly what I grew up on.

You're the one who asked how to do it, nigger

nope, I'm the faglord imagening all the chilies I've yet to make
aka this dude , , etc...

I use cream quite often, it softens the chili, I like it. The yogurt is simply a lighter alternative to cream, used it once, don't think i'll use it again. I also added dark chocolate once but at the end the flavor was barely noticeable, chili in my opinion should be very spicy and meaty, even the tomatoe sauce should be easy to ignore, that's why I made the post in the first place, I was wandering if there's a particular way to really develop the flavors