Where can I buy the finest barbecue sauce? Or should I make my own? I don't each many sauces but I love BBQ

Where can I buy the finest barbecue sauce? Or should I make my own? I don't each many sauces but I love BBQ.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazingribs.com/recipes/BBQ_sauces/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's just get this over with.

god damn you i was going to post it

>Or should I make my own?
This.

That way you can adjust the recipe for the meat you're cooking.

the tastiest sauce i've ever had was in those arby-q sandwiches.

but those sandwiches were discontinued. and nobody knows the sauce recipe.

Didn't want to, but it was going to happen.

making bbq sauce is not hard. you get tomato sauce and reduce it (evaporate the water on low heat) or tomato paste (already reduced)

sugar
spice
seasonings (paprika, garlic, onion, whatever else people like)

brush the reduced sauce onto your meat and cover in foil. cook on low heat for at least 4 hours. uncover and let the remaining water evaporate in the oven for a good 30 minutes.

they arent discontinued. stores have to specially order them. i ate one a year ago in cheyenne, wyoming. the owner struck up a chat with me about it.

is this meme sauce?

amazingribs.com/recipes/BBQ_sauces/
amazingribs is the #1 bbq resource on the internet

In all honesty, I think those regional Heinz BBQ are really good, and I even smoke my own meat about every weekend when I'm not busy. They've slowly phased them out of my local grocery store, so maybe they were limited time? I'm currently testing new store bought sauces, but I'll probably end up trying to order them off of Amazon.

Basic tomato based BBQ sauce:

1 cup diced / minced / purred tomato
1/2 cup diced / minced / purred onion
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
.5 tbsp chili powder
.5 tbsp cayenne
.5 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp black pepper
.5 tsp mustard powder
.25 tsp garlic powder
.25 tsp onion powder
Water to reach desired consistency.
Salt to taste.

Step 1: Heat an ungreased / oiled skillet on medium and add all of your dry spices to toast them, except the brown sugar and salt. Powdered spice is fine to use, but whole spices you can then grind after toasting is preferred. Once your spices become fragrant, take them out of the pan and put them in a jar / grind them and cover to preserve aroma.

Step 2: Add oil of your choice to the pan and brown your onions. Add a pinch of salt to help extract the moisture. Once the onions are nice and brown, add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, maybe a minute or two.

Step 3: Add the tomato, the dry spices, the apple cider vinegar, and enough water to thin out the sauce enough to simmer for at least 30 mins to an hour. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 mins. Add time to thicken the sauce, or water to thin the sauce. Taste, and season with salt as needed. Adjust sweet and sour as needed.

Enjoy.

>*pureed

yes

oh sweet summer child

no ive seen it 100s of times but ive never seen it confirmed that is a meme sauce. i lurked long enough and i just wanted to know. my assumptions were confirmed.
thanks for your attempted shaming though.
namaste

>1 cup white vinegar
>1 cup apple cider vinegar
>1 tablespoon brown sugar
>1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
>1 teaspoon chili powder
>1 teaspoon paprika
>1 tablespoon Texas Pete
>1 teaspoon black pepper
>1 teaspoon salt

Combine in a bottle, shake up, put in fridge for a day or two. Use sparingly.

Shitcan that nasty ass white vinegar, and that's not a bad sauce for pork.

Jack's sauce has a money back guarantee on all and never once in 16 years have they ever been asked for a refund

People like to henpeck Jack, but really it comes down to the phrase "they hate us 'cause they ain't us". Do God's work and He will do your work.

Head country is the best BBQ sauce you can buy.

Depends on what type of sauce you like and what you are eating.

I prefer my sauces to be very astringent and not sweet with beef.
For chicken & pork I tend to go for sweet sauces especially if I am grilling.
I don't like to grill with mustard based sauces but I do like them on oven baked meats and especially veggies.
I do not like mayo based sauces but they are out there if that's your thing.