He only reads fiction

>he only reads fiction

yeah but lisa
ive read :) gravitys rainbow :)
and thus :) sprach :) zarathustra :)

Speaking as one of these people, I can tell you that I read for escapism, for heightening my connection to others and their experiences, living one thousand lives that I never could.
I never bothered with nonfiction (incl. phil, history, politics etc) because whenever I've tried it's simply seemed to me like common sense. Like a conclusion I could come to if I thought on it long enough unassisted. I genuinely can't think of one exception.
If anyone has had a similar experience with nonfiction books and found one that changed the game for them, I am certainly open to recommendations.

I'm about to ruin reading for you: there's no element of any work of fiction you couldn't eventually imagine, given enough time.

>he thinks there's such thing as "non-fiction"

Dude I don't think History is a category of non-fiction, its an academic discipline. Non-fiction is a bookstore term for, like, self help and shit.

And given enough time monkeys would type out Hamlet. Thankfully Shakespeare already did that for us.

History totally falls under non-fiction. When you read a biography about a U.S. president, that is deemed as non-fiction, because it actually happened.

haha deep brah

It's a thin line, but even when filled with conjectures and the like it falls under non-fiction.

Projecting your fear of truth.

Wow really thats a deep thought. Glad someone else came up with that idea so we didnt have to eh *nudge* EH

OP fuckin' rekt for all eternity. Christ almighty.

this

what did he mean by this?

how embarrassing OP, to get BTFO'd by a frogposter

consider suicide OP, seriously

>thus
>sprach
Okay user

Holy...I want more

I read 70% nonfiction. Currently, my bookshelf contains 42 nonfiction and 18 fiction books, which means I was selective about what I bought. I'd like to eventually have 100 total books on my shelf.

I await your response

>b-but I wouldn't have come up with that because it's total nonsense!!

Yeah, no shit that popular ideas that permeated the culture seem familiar to you. Or did you not read the book on why you feel this way about nonfiction yet?

heh

>History totally falls under non-fiction.
Right. Because everything that happened in recorded history is true. It's not like people who won change shit to match events. Surely everything is fact, therefore it's non-fiction.

That never happens.