If I shoot a rubber bullet (a=60m/s) up into the air, do I calculate that as 9.8 - 60 to account for gravity...

If I shoot a rubber bullet (a=60m/s) up into the air, do I calculate that as 9.8 - 60 to account for gravity? is it really that simple?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GajfCYNxa-Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No. And calculate what?

velocity(m/s)----60m/s

acceleration(m/s^2). ----9.8m/s^2

It's a simple calculation, you will need to assume certain velocities at certain instances

I believe in guiding rather than solving.

I believe Time or distance needs to be calculated. I've tutored high school kids and it's usually the case

Not even sure what you are asking but I love that image.

Proper question phrasing is also a necessary skill.

>a = 60m/s

Well first of all, that's v_0, not a.
Second of all jesus christ are you fucking retarded lmao this is grade 9 math you seriously need to just mcburger for the rest of your life senpai it ain't lookin good for you.

I'll give you a spicy boy, but that's it.

I do agree.
He is clearly misinformed or trolling I'm merely helping in a manner I see fit.

Your standards do not apply to him/her

Mc Burger fokkin lol.

Hello I am the OP,

I want to calculate the max height it can go before turning around

What will be the property's of the ball at max hight?

Just use KE = Ug at turning point (max height) = mgy lmfao

Fuck it post a picture of the question and I'll just do it for you.

I dont go to school I made it up

I am OP, ignore last comment

I dont go to school, I am thinking abstract ways to test my knowledge and learn high level psychics

Well then. Max hight will be your anal cavity.

Stop shooting rubber bullets and go to school.

College is a scam

They want me to use my entire income and dedicate 4-6+ years of my life to this? Yeah sounds like a bad idea

This is now a thread to explore the aerodynamics of things that do not really need to have their aerodynamics explored.

18 m

that is correct, at it's highest point, the rubber bullet will be 50.2 m/s, then falls down at the same speed.

more! OP pic made me chuckle like a kid

The units already tell everything you need.

Speed is "how many meters gained per second".
Acceleration is "how much speed gained per second (or how many meters gained per second per second)".

You have an initial speed. Gravity is acting against it. Make an equation that equalizes the units and you'll have an answer.

Well first of all you'll need to know the mass of the rubber bullet and the Force applied to the rubber bullet.

You'll need to gather data on wind speeds and direction. You'll need to determine where you're at on earth and what the gravitational constant is which varies depending on location of you relevant to the earth, sea level, moon, sun. Other planets are pretty negligible.

You'll also need to measure how high the bullet will be launched from because I'm assuming you won't be jamming the gun in to the ground. Finally, you'll need to calculate the angle of trajectory because you're a piece of shit who can't shoot straight in to the air.

That graph is inaccurate

>Trust me, I am a bovine aerodynamicist, I know these things.

Cows have floppy bits.

True enough, but the floppiest is down underneath, where you're getting little airflow.

Homework related questions go on our dedicated homework board.
>>/hm/

Position = Position + initial velocity* time + acceleration * time2

binomial theorem will tell you the time it is at peak.
then plug the numbers back in.

this equation does not account for air resistance which is is a bit more math intensive and nonlinear.

Look at the equations of motion and figure out which one can give you the quantity you need to know given the quantities you do know. This video might help you, it solves the opposite problem to yours. youtube.com/watch?v=GajfCYNxa-Y

this. it really shows what being a cow would be like if you were facing the wind

Literally babby's first set of kinematics equations.
(v_f)^2 = (v_o)^2 + 2ad

If you swap out the parentheses around your subscripted values for curly brackets, you can pop math tags around it to get Latex output:
[math]{v_f}^2={v_o}^2+2ad[/math]

You're asking a week 1 intro phys kinematics question bro