ITT: diseases that are actual memes

ITT: diseases that are actual memes

I'll start: ADHD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j4PTf7LgsIE
youtube.com/watch?v=KtBbyglq37E
youtube.com/watch?v=2bosouX_d8Y
autismspeaks.org/blog/2015/08/18/my-son-autism-started-texting-and-its-brilliant
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

depression

nice self-diagnosis, go back to tumblr

itt most of the psychiatric diseases

homosexuality

transgenderism

Your brain being unable to focus on things for too long, basically the default state of a human child.
Your brain releasing too much serotonin reducing your oxytocin levels making you too sad to think rationally
Your brain programmed to released oxytocin or dopamine in the presence of the same gender.
Your brain's neurochemistry is the opposite of the very chromosome of its neurons.

You must be fun at parties
> inb4 "what parties this is Veeky Forums lole"

Cancer

herpes

neurotypicalism

HEY FUCK YOU

AIDS

Nah one of my friends has actual ADHD, he's crazy hyperactive and you can tell there's something weird going on up there. For example whenever you talk to him he can't stop moving and pacing back and forth. Also you can tell he doesn't have full control of his energy and is apt to change moods quickly or have random spikes of talking fast about inconsequential subjects, like soap or whatever. He's already on strong prescriptions, it's worse when he's off.

Then I have another friend that "has ADHD" but actually he's just too lazy to focus.

ADHD is real, it's just over diagnosed.

>Your brain's neurochemistry is the opposite of the very chromosome of its neurons.
I hear this but never from a credible source

creativity

thisssssssssssssss

Dickface

Oh look...a shiny..

ADHD is a condition, not a disease.

I believe its a result of chronic boredom and high stimulation.

I was diagnosed with ADHD as a kid and a teen btw.

That's called mania or bipolar disorder.
Also
>pyromania

how might you explain that ADHD only beame prevalent in the early 90's, when television, video games, and internet were starting to be a household commodity? Just a weird coincidence I guess.

Autism.
No one said it because everyone here has it.

This, but honestly aspergers is a bigger meme I think. And OCD is the normie variant.

OCD you see real cases though.
Where they get into their very strict rituals.
I met one girl in a hospital who was hearing voices who told her to do the rituals.
When she worked on stopping the rituals she said the voices got mean and she began self-harming.

By meme, I mean that it's a meme to diagnose/self-diagnose it. Absolutely it's a real thing.

like I said, high stimulation alongside chronic boredom.

thats when it "beame" a problem. There was less conflict, but high energy back then.

autism is real. Its like having a normal body, but having crippling OCD and crippling antisocial behavior at once. My gf's cousin has full blown autism and it is a very strange condition to say the least. 20 something years old and wouldn't cease stopping and rewinding one scene from spongebob for hours.

>autism is real.
Im convinced it's not.
Why?
Because I was diagnosed with it.
I needed a way to pay for college, and the state im in gives jack shit for a high GPA but gives free 2 year degrees to people with disabilities. I found a shrink, told them I think I might be autistic, and they were more then happy to agree and give me a diagnosis.
I don't have any of the things that are suppose to go along with it. I'm a normal, fully functioning member of society. I can totally see how kids are abusing the fuck out of this "disease".

>I faked autism and was misdiagnosed and so are other people so I'm convinced it doesn't exist.
Hm. Maybe it wasn't a misdiagnosis after all.

If you have the ability to post autonomously on Veeky Forums with some rationality, you don't have autism. You may be on some spectrum, but autism isn't something that allows you to be conscious of your condition. Its like being a bored, emotionally unstable 4 year old your whole life.

>You may be on some spectrum
The spectrum is so wide, everyone could be on it.
That's what i'm saying.

It's such an easy diagnosis it's completely pointless. I'm sure these people do exist but I don't believe they all have the same mental problem.

>The spectrum is so wide, everyone could be on it.

that's an excuse.

YOU went to lazy shrinks. That doesn't mean autism isn't real.

>Your brain's neurochemistry is the opposite of the very chromosome of its neurons.
wrong. trannies are impostors who are putting on an act, chopping off their balls and injecting shitloads of hormones to try to appear as feminine as possible. their behavior is artificial and forced.

transphobic racists belong on

gibe source for transfags having "female" brains without having to inject hormones to accomplish it

You're an idiot.

this is all technically correct

I'm very transphobic. I'm terrified of trannies.

>transphobic racists
Two things wrong with your choice of words
1. Trannies are a shitty meme
2. They're just transphobes. Racism is completely different, though one can be both.

>Observable atypical neurology.
Moron just got BTFO.

Anxiety disorder.

It became more of a problem with technology, and therefore there probably started to be more research surrounding it.
Or it was just because we're finding out more and more about the brain as we go along.

>autism is not real
youtube.com/watch?v=j4PTf7LgsIE

Asperger's is not a diagnosis anymore. Stop with this shit.

I don't really understand why we call it "transphobia", "homophobia", "xenofobia" etc... Hate/dislike is not the same as fear.

It's subtle psychological manipulation. The words are designed to make people who aren't (group)phobic believe that those who are (group)phobic are like that because of some irrational fear.

Malaria

That's an easy correlation to point at for sure, but I think the real reason that ADHD is just now starting to get recognized is because of the increasingly technical jobs which are available. The technical things that you have to do to be successful in this day and age require a type of focus that people with ADHD have a lot of trouble with. It wasn't until the early 90's however that people started to really recognize the direction that the job market was going in, and started placing a higher emphasis on those things.

>le simple chemical irregularities xddd
Except they aren't. Those are surface symptoms, far from even close to explaining how they work, indeed we don't entirely know how they work.

Generally hate/dislike is born from fear though. That is not to say the fear and subsequent hate/dislike isn't warranted though.

I would agree the use of "transphobia" and "homophobia" is logically flawed though. However xenophobia is something else (often used incorrectly though).

That seems...wrong, somehow.
I'm not a neurologist though, so I'll just leave it at wary skepticism.

>Then I have another friend that "has ADHD" but actually he's just too lazy to focus.
literally me

No actual transexuals believe they are the other gender without any sexual pleasure, the reason MtF get hormones is because their female brain is naturally primitive and thus values shallow behavior over anything else.

FtM have more rational thought processes showing they are chemically male.

narcolepsy
blunt force trauma
gonorrhea

Schizophrenia

Religion

>Generally hate/dislike is born from fear though.
You know you can hate something because it disgusts you too, right?

>Not trying to attention-whore here
I have OCD, got diagnosed with it as a kid. I don't do any of that "lol gotta do everything super neat XDDDDD" shit, that's the fucking meme. What I do is I get this wierd fucking feeling sometimes that I just have to touch the corners of my desk (feeling it right now t bh).

Also, when I'm playing a video game, especially when it's first person, I feel the need to backtrack my character, because it feels like I'm uprooting the ground behind me like one of those grass carpet rolls so I have to roll back out the path behind me.

Shit's fucked, but it doesn't negatively affect my life, just weird things you'd only notice if you were closely examining me.

how is he not scared of getting bit by an alligator????

AIDS as a pandemic as opposed to outcome contingent on risky anti-social behavior such as sex with males, intravenous drugs and being black.

because it's a fresh post-flood forest area not a swamp

>literally
Henlo fren!

out of all the disorders or sexual orientation why is that trannies take things where others have never gone before medically? The surgeries, the hormone treatment are so very excessive. Maybe trannies want to be something that they feel they are but I don't see why everyone should be forced to accept something so extreme and often times regretted.

Do Measles count? They got memed back into existence

>kills millions a year
I know it was a joke but I don't get it.

Mental Retardation

chicken or the egg?

Idk dude, but my parents were very strict about me only watching PBS and shit and I was displaying strong symptoms and got diagnosed in 2007 before I had even used a computer.

television is shit and on PBS you have trash like sesame street which might be suitable for little babbies but not for older kids

Pass the sherm stick

Aging

OCD
Alzheimers
Parkinsons
Muscular and CNS diseases
Genetics
Chrons
Lyme
serious addiction
undiagnosed social disorders
etc

Not the person you responded to but I have a friend who has very similar patterns of OCD. He's a really smart kid in my class at Dartmouth, but like you he has to habitually touch, see, or hear certain things otherwise it sets off a nervous tick. He'll regularly do patterns like get a drink from a bubbler, stop for a couple of seconds, dip back down and drink another little bit, then go through a pattern of testing the water by turning on the fountain without drinking from it. I always thought it was just kind of an odd thing that he does but it wasn't until I started keeping track that I realized it is an identical number of actions each time he goes through a certain pattern.

He'll also close car doors multiple times after getting into the car, or most interestingly is that he obsessively urinates. On multiple occasions I've noticed that he'll use the restroom 15 or 20 times in a single day for very brief periods. At first it jumped out to me as some possible illness but after discussing it with him it's actually because part of his disorder is that he regularly checks to see if he can/needs to pee due some deep rooted fear of peeing himself in public. OCD is definitely a very real thing in certain cases; and again, like you said, it is not at all hinged on him being constantly clean and tidy, his dorm is an absolute mess and he has some of the worst handwriting I have ever seen.

ADHD is very real but extremely overdiagnosed and is also uncommon for people who actually have real ADHD to be that sucessful because of its social and focus detriments.

neo-reality

normal faggotry

Your brains chemistry is effected by external and internal stimuli. Saying that ADHD is a real illness because it effects brain chemistry is the equivalent of saying that a gun was fired as a result of someone being shot. You are getting the cause and effect in reverse order. Heres a brain scan of the same person listening to different types of music. Music changes brain chemistry from the normal baseline levels too. So is music a mental disorder?

hearing voices sounds more like schizophrenia

most mental disorders are just demonic possessions, mind altering substances also come from Satan

Hail overlord Satan.

youtube.com/watch?v=KtBbyglq37E

Sorry Aretha.
youtube.com/watch?v=2bosouX_d8Y

>don't have OCD
>still have to touch specific buttons of the door phone of my house in a very specific way after I open the door
It just "feels" right to do it. I think everyone has a little thing or two like that.

pretty much this
most mental disorders are complete bullshit

>post autonomously on Veeky Forums with some rationality
That immediately excluses at least 90% of Veeky Forums

This made me genuinely sad and disturbed. I don't even fucking know if I wouldn't just leave, change my name and run the fuck away if I got a severely autistic kid.

You are objectively wrong. Autism varies from person to person (as to most mental disorders) but in many cases people with autism, and i mean full blown autism, can seem almost normal through text based communication while being completely incapable of normal social interactions.

autismspeaks.org/blog/2015/08/18/my-son-autism-started-texting-and-its-brilliant

I know this is a case study situation but its literally the first google result for "autism texting" and its far from unusual.

Autism Speaks are evil as fuck, tho.

Literally any source you want. This is not an unusual phenomenon. Google it. Do some research for yourself.

Trans is a little more complicated.

>autism isn't real

Marxism is an ancient joke that went too far

He deserves a bullet in the head, or maybe he could be used as an acoustic weapon

this