ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4382138/
youtube.com/watch?v=SiBh_JinGbE
scientificamerican.com/article/marijuanas-high-times-not/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

weed is lame amphetamines and rc's are Veeky Forums

I agree

>sprained ankle pretty bad
>doctor prescribes strong pain killers
Literally everything is great while I'm on these things, unequivocally the best to read on.

Normally I can't keep my focus long enough to read while high, but one time after coming home stoned / drunk I pulled out my Housman collection and read that poem where he advocates suicide and it hit me so hard I had to place it down and compose myself for a bit.

Real literary drugs:

Alcohol
Tobacco
Coffee
Tea
Cocaine
Amphetamines
Opiates
Benzodiazepines
Ketamine

Pleb hippie musician drugs:

Weed
Psychedelics

Benzos are for middle-aged mothers and white trash

And I guess for the anxiety-ridden, too

Weed is the children's drug. It also damages the hippocampus of developing brains and lowers your IQ dramatically. If you smoke weed you're literally retarded both before and after.

>Cocaine
how

ketamine lmao. nigger are you retarded. how you read in a k- hole?

>If you smoke weed you're literally retarded both before and after.
And being smart means I get to yell at people on Veeky Forums

>And I guess for the anxiety-ridden, too
Exactly, which is pretty much any writer worth anything. Sometimes you need a break from the thing pushing you.

Stimulants can benefit productivity, obviously.

Stops you from hanging yourself so you can write more. Ketamine is very promising in the treatment of depression:

>Ketamine can induce fast onset antidepressant effects in patients with depression.7,13-15,18 It also may rapidly decrease suicidal thinking within 40 minutes.7,14,16,17 Sustained decrease in suicidal ideations at 10 days post-infusion has also been reported.16
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4382138/

Memes aside I do feel that smoking weed in highschool negatively impacted my development. I wish I'd waited but I love it now

>smoking weed in highschool negatively impacted my development.
It affects your performance in school rather than your brain. Obviously kids who skip class/smoke weed daily during hs were doing worse on exams but half the people in high school manages to be retarded without doing drugs.

>It also damages the hippocampus
By causing neurogenesis? I don't think so. For all the ills of weed, there are no claims of it causing developmental issues backed by science. Try and find a single solid study, I couldn't. The potential habit formation and systematic derailing of your reward system, however, can ruin lives quite easily.

this. reading on opiates is the best

>smoking WEED is literally the gayest thing ever

>tfw don't have the will power to quit

t.brainlet

Any other ills? I'd like to start blazing up again, but I'm at a point in my life where I'm increasingly concerned with my health, physical and mental.

Weed is the only drug in the world that doesn't make you temporarily bicurious. Even getting drunk has a higher risk of you accepting a blowjob from your feminine (male) friend.

I got really high once and almost convinced myself I was gay

this isnt fucking /r9k/, you underaged homosexuals

wtf!

Watch your tongue holmes. This ese don't play that shit.

Long term it fucks up your socialization by overstimulating cannabinoid receptors. It'll be the other site of neurogenesis that gets affected, the one connected to the olfactory bulb.

It's not a big deal though.

No like I really think it impacted my behavioural and social development. I failed alot of classes but I've since made up for that but I'm still pulling alot of anxiety that I think could have been avoided if I'd abstained from marijuana

>I failed alot of classes but I've since made up for that but I'm still pulling alot of anxiety that I think could have been avoided if I'd abstained from marijuana
You might be right, or not. It's hard to tell whether anxious people are naturally drawn to escapism (not really) or if long term drug use makes people anxious. I like to think that it's just cognitive dissonance permeating everything you do after quitting drugs because the stigma is branded onto your back but you still feel bad for having gone through with it.

You probably have a better clue though since you know yourself better than I do.

i was always a little paranoid n shit but smoking weed when i was teenager made me totally wacko (i'm sure megadoses of LSD didn't help) it's better to not smoke weed dude, like if my state was recreation legal i'm not even sure i'd smoke it cuz i'd have a crazy depressive panic attack thing and be weirded the fuck out for a week and make my work awkward...i'm just naturally an awkward spergy person but i'm tall and look ok so if i just stand there and not and look in the person's eyes i can get away with it, but when i smoke weed i just can't even be around people...weed is actually shitty, i think the idea that weed is fun is a meme, like i don't even enjoy to be honest

There's the obvious one, that you'd be smoking vast amounts of plant material without a filter. The fact you're employing enough cognitive dissonance to ask that question in the first place given your health priorities tells me it's a bad idea.

The physical health effects of smoking pot in itself are negligible excluding the smoking (which it disastrous, mind you.)

However, it would be foolish to separate marijuana's negative effects to purely physical and purely mental without acknowledging the interplay between the two. I don't know a single stoner that hasn't had their daily routine compromised by the effects on reward system. It really runs the gauntlet, from an extra half hour here and there watching TV, to lazier hygiene habits, right through to more serious disruptions that accumulate and make people drop out of university or lose their jobs. I know well-adjusted people that smoke every day and top their classes or excel at their jobs, and I know people that (a Hunter S quote seems appropriate) "eat shit and die."

Given the risk, I wouldn't advocate anyone to smoke it, with rare and obvious exceptions, such as cancer patients. However it would be foolish to dogmatically advocate either way; some people are just happier smoking. A small minority benefit from it.

I'm unfamiliar with this study, link?

>tfw reading Robinson Jeffers on weed
So good

DUDE

>came way too late
youtube.com/watch?v=SiBh_JinGbE

Who said anything about
>vast amounts
? I'm talking maybe once a week here. You write your post as if all marijuana consumption is chronic.

Appreciate the info though.

Also, my friend gets these vaporizer-pen-like devices with infused thc extract or something to that extent. That's easier on the lungs than smoking, I presume?

DUDE

RICK

JAMES

JOYCE

BITCH

I just marathoned a dozen Noam Chomsky videos. Vast amounts is one of his go-to phrases and it slipped in, sorry. Also my best friend has spent most of his adult life struggling between "once a week" and 6 times a day.

If you buy a vaporizer or something and only do it once a week the physical harm will be completely negligible from the academic articles I've read.

scientificamerican.com/article/marijuanas-high-times-not/
Mentally, it will be a more intense experience as your tolerance will be low. Your working memory will be torn to shreds, as explained in the article above. You've smoked before, I'm sure you're familiar with the experience.

Some people feel a sense of detachment and hopelessness and get stressed right the fuck out by it, like this dude Some people go with the flow and have a heightened in-the-moment experience. Since this is the Veeky Forums board I should drag this thread somewhat on topic and recommend positive psychologist Csikszentmihalyi's book Flow if you're interested in the mechanics of optimal mental health experience. He's dry, but his books are very insightful, and useful outside of the sphere of drug mindset. In a month if you're smoking more than you'd like or it's adversely affecting your life obviously give it up or learn to will power.