So we can all agree that their Philosophy was of no consequence whatsoever and a gigantic waste of time?

So we can all agree that their Philosophy was of no consequence whatsoever and a gigantic waste of time?

Right, thanks.

no

Why don't you agree?

Modern Democracy is a pretty big deal friend

Because I don't find them a waste of time. Is there really a need for any discussion? You've made up your mind already.
Oh that's right, you aren't entirely convinced hence this thread.

Do you need me to tell you that they're all hacks? Will that make you feel better and more assured about your current beliefs?

Yes, hacks is the exact word I'd use.

Thanks, bye now!

yes, but the same cannot be said for their literature. specifically their poetry.

Haven't read much history, have you? You'd have an easier time arguing that about the Germans (though it would still be absurd).

>So we can all agree that OP's mom is a big whore and a gigantic landwhale?

Right, thanks.

>Hi! I'm an asshole! *POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT*
Stop breathing please.

yeah i know right
science destroyed philosophy

pic related, me

But descartes OP

>Implying Descartes didn't have the single biggest influence on Philosophy since Aristotle

>he thinks that just because people picked up their philosophy or used it, it makes it worthwhile

Hack!

He is one of the main reasons Philodophy for so long was shit.

>hu dur the mind and body touch and communicate but I can't explain how

Hack!

Philosophy works towards law and policy and used to work towards science in the olden times. Our work is not yet done.

Wi

French philosophy has been incredibly influential....Descartes, Pascal, Montesquieu, the Philosophes, Comte, and Poststructualism

That said, I still think French philosophy is overrated and often derivative. What, for example, did Derrida and Foucault say that hadn't essentially been said by Heidegger and Nietzsche? Just as Poststructuralism can summarized as "that time the French discovered German philosophy," the French Enlightenment can summarized as "that time the French discovered British philosophy."

Note that I leave out Rousseau because he was from Geneva and famously hated the French.

did...did you mean "oui"?

Foucault is great and better than Nietzsche. Heidegger is very overrated and surpassed by Levinas and any Thomist, really. Derrida is literally repeating Heidegger. Heidegger loved Derrida and tried to invite him to his cabin.

Felix Guattari is one of the greatest philosophers of the 20th century.

Don't be mad because cowardly anglos interpret French philosophy in boring ways.

So, he makes the correct assumption but doesn't have the means to prove it.

Like Einstein, who I bet your autist STEM fat libertarian ass loves.

>Hey let's argue about questions that none of us can humanly know the answer for hundreds of years, and sound pretty similar to schizophrenics while we do it!

>Well...can we get jobs, and paid well and maybe even become famous doing it?

>Shit yeah, jizzboy!

Are you describing french academia or the american state?

>The yellow peril! It is not racial, it is spiritual. It does not involve inferior values; it involves a radical strangeness, a stranger to the weight of its past, from which there does not filter any familiar voice or infection, a lunar or Martian past.

Heidegger was no angel, but this def changed the way I looked at Levinas.