I've tried to get into his videos but his analysis are so surface level and brief...

I've tried to get into his videos but his analysis are so surface level and brief. I wonder if he is actually even reading them.

still waiting for an update from c fanwise on Cliff's newest vid

cringe.

saw his Recognitions video and dropped it at him reading the most popular quote he found on a quick google search. Also that unread copy he uses to fucking flex.

Why would you bother?

You just don't understand them.
Fucking pseud.

Wow, hating cliff sergent is really cool, right guys?

I don't hate him, I just don't respect his videos at all

Hi, Cliff.

is there a way to confront this retard without his legion of fanboys defending him?

>legion

Why do people on Veeky Forums love giving retards attention?

How old do you think he is? Late 20's?

I'm on a first name basis with Cliff. I knew that guy before he was famous. We came up together and learned literature in college while all our buddies were busy getting girl and going to bars. Literally, all we cared about were books, but he took it to a new level which I'd never seen before. I don't meant to appeal to authority, except to say every book he talks about, was one I first suggested to him and read before him. Every book suggestion he gets, he runs by me first to get my opinion. That's how close we are. I know my shit, and this guy is the real deal. Now I'm not going to tell you my name because if you knew my name you would start to get nervous the way you'd sperg out when your anonymous MMORPG buddy tells you they're a girl. We all know you're just visiting Veeky Forums. So next time you want to talk shit about Cliff Sargent, know that I've seen every single one of his videos at least ten times and he couldn't care less if a bunch of Veeky Forums kids with aspergers disorder know he's smarter, better looking, and more successful than they are.

I would guess that he's 34-36

>Now I'm not going to tell you my name because if you knew my name you would start to get nervous the way you'd sperg out when your anonymous MMORPG buddy tells you they're a girl.
Let me guess, your name is Sliff Cargent?

what

lol it's pasta

Motherfucker has the hair of a god and looks like a typical archetypal literary figure. Jealous as sin

I saw Cliff Sargent at a book store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my browsing, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen copies of Lolita in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the books and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each book and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

>but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face.
every fucking time

Just looked him up after reading this thread. He seems all right, but why is it that every book he reviews is/has been really popular on Veeky Forums at one time or another? Is he a Veeky Forums tard or does Veeky Forums just copy him recommendations?

I'm pretty sure it's the former, as there were several instances in which he almost blew his cover.

>When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen copies of Lolita in his hands without paying.

this is the one and only time this copypasta has made me laugh

Ola senor reddito

not every book, he's done A Rebours and Le Bas and others that arent mentioned a lot here, but still, the books he "reviews" arent the problem, it's the reviews themselves. they're kinda fluff, all personality and no substance, and even this personality he shows is disingenuous.

lmao lurk more new fag huysman is a frequent Veeky Forums meme

>Yah Im really into existentialism. Have you ever heard of Neitzsche? He basically killed god, hes pretty epic. Im gonna go smoke real quick. Hey do I look like Camus when I smoke?

I'm not a fanboy by any means, but his reviews seem at least as comprehensive as any other 20-minute youtube review videos I've seen. I watched his reviews of Story of the Eye and Book of Disquiet, and they're decent enough. Not deep reading analyses, but I don't think that was ever the intention

>There are people RIGHT NOW who watch other people discuss and "review" things on the internet

Literally just as bad as vidya streamers

I read this book

Le smoke

Le drink

>Fingerless gloves
Immediately discarded

His book reviews are p. terrible but his film reviews are good. Wish he'd devote himself to those full time

he still looks like user's grandpa Irving

Is he auditioning to be an action hero stunt double in the 90s?

who started this meme wtf

people on here only don't like him because he has the same precious intellectual hobby they have but is also a good-looking successful guy

This he is basically appropriating our hobby, and there is a reason we do nothing but read all day. Any one of us would choose to be a normie like him if we could. HE doesn't NEED IT.

What does Cliff do for a living? I know he studied film but what does he do to pay for all those iced coffees and travel?

>booktubers

Please leave

Eh, successful sure, but he's a 7 on a good day

Successful is debatable. I mean he got money from somewhere and has a youtube channel some people actually watch.

Meanwhile he talks like any day now he's going to have a script he's had for years made into a proper film. He has David Brent esque ego obsession with his lack of fame

Jesus Christ what a fucking faggot

This guy is the result of 50 years of feminization in the West, just a preening depthless worthless faggot

Jesus that image is like a parody someone made on purpose, everything from the name to the "heh yeah I'm a book guy. what about it" attitude, to taking selfies like a queer little gay woman, to making sure he looks BADASS in the selfie

I just feel bad for this guy

>arranged his hair faux-naturally messy like that to take a selfie
>Claims to be akin to Hemingway

He must have loaded parents. I don't see this guy as the productive type

Cliff is more of a teenage girl than all the actual teenage girl booktubers posted here.

I'm not even sure for such a perfect teenage girl archetype to be encased in a 40 year old man's body.

I'm a girl and I thought of making videos once but I hate all the girls on booktube and I'm too autistic

Do the next best thing, post your arsehole on here

No

I think you should make whatever the fuck you want and not let people's expectations influence you, but you should also be aware that men will watch you just because you're female.

I can literally feel a numinous essence emanating from your post right now just because you said "I'm a girl." To my lizard brain instincts, you're more important than I could ever be, just by existing, and I want to lick the holes your excreta come out of. That's what you're dealing with when it comes to men as an audience. I already kind of love you and want your approval or at least your attention just because you're a girl. If we were roommates I would smell your worn clothing. Be ready for this. Always be ready for the Dick Dementia. We can't stop. But you gotta do what's right for you. I love you.

>she already knows

u guys ok :p

This is the definition of mansplaining

This wasn't funny the first time

>hair of a god

He's got a greasy mop

thanks for visiting Veeky Forums, hope you enjoy the tour

pretty tasty pasta

Sucks cocks

whether he washes it is immaterial, that hairline and texture is a blessing. That makes me sound like a real faggot, but it's just seething envy

Let me see ur face to see if u have what it takes

>hehehe I'm a girl btw xd I don't want any attention or anything I swear!

sounds like someone is a virgin who can't get sex never been laid mad at woman who hurt you

i'm sorry this virgin talked to you milady

Post feet.

Be the change and make an actually worthwhile booktube channel. Assuming you are actually well-read.

>Assuming you are actually well-read

it's a girl..

#

I mostly read non fiction, classics, philosophy and literary fiction, not YA or shitty fantasy sagas like most people on booktube, and my work is actually related to reviewing books. I thought of it exactly because I don't like most of those channels and I'd like to do something different, but it looks like too much work.

#

I don't think all men are like that.

#

Mansplaining is a meme, women do the same all the time.

#

It's not my fault all women you have met so far are retards.

>Manplaining is a meme, women do the same all the time.

This is such a guy thing to say

>all women are feminists and believe the mansplaining meme

>mfw people actually watch these videos and give this hack money when they could literally read sparknotes or wikipedia instead

Why is consumer culture so stupid?

Well, a booktuber talking about philosophy and other non-fiction literature would be a breath of fresh air.
I don´t know how that making videos stuff actually works. Maybe just stand in front of a camera and say whatever's on your mind?, or write something like that and then read it. I don´t know really.
What´s your job about? Do you review books? I´m interested.

LET THE BLOGPOSTING BY A NEWFAG FEMANON WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND THE SITE'S CULTURE OR EVEN THE BASICS OF POSTING BEGIN!

Are you the girl who posted her videos here and they started out interesting but then you posted one with no sound and then posted a few where you hadn't read anything?

They started out promising.

Enjoy your site.

Enjoy never fitting in because all you know how to do is wave your vagina around until you're old enough that people stop caring about it and you imperceptibly slink into being a nonentity in a family that takes you for granted you fucking hack.

You just described your life except for the vagina, which makes it sadder, right?

Have a nice life, user.

I do, for a magazine. Comfy job, not very well paid, though.

I'm married to a woman who isn't an attention whore who isn't so lonely and purposeless that she needs to argue with men about how she isn't an attention whore on the Internet.

>married

Waifus and hands don't count

>married to a non attention whore
>spend your time after work insulting one on the Internet
>ignoring the supposed wife

:^)

the median age of posters for this board is relatively older than that of other boards. it's entirely possible that he is married.

you sound super miserable btw.

That wasn't me.

Anyway, I only mentioned that I thought of making videos once, that's all. I'll go read, enjoy your evening.

Great. I´d sk what magazine but that could reveal your personal information, and that wouldn´t be convinient.

>That wasn't me.

fair enough.

Enjoy the only value you have in life slowly wilting even while you reply to my every post.

You're drying up downstairs. Soon everything will be different. Even this shitty conversation you're having with ten different interlocutors, all those people are only interlocutors BECAUSE you're a woman and get instant free replies and attention for it. That's all going away.

You're gonna be a dried up old crone no one gives a fuck about.

Isn't he 26 or something but married to a filthy rich older woman?

12 year old faggot who thinks everything is cringy?

>he plays "vidya"
>he uses the word "vidya"
Go back to /v/, you uncultured piece of shit, literally the bottom of the barrel.

In his 20s apparently

Clifford Lee Sargent (b. March 15, 1989)
Clifford Lee Sargent (son of Clifford Douglas Goforth and Deborah Ann Haynes) was born March 15, 1989 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

Did you make that up

Love this guy, seems smart

no way, he looks at least 35-40

>at first he kept pretending to be tired
My God you nailed it.

The only reason to make fun of Cliff is because he dresses and acts self-absorbed slacker and thinks it is a perfectly acceptable excuse for a personality. His summaries are fine if you haven't heard of the book and are looking for recs that are similar to his taste. Otherwise, if you're looking for a University level analysis what the hell are you doing on YouTube?

Having read most of the books he reviews, his reviews are terrible. It seems like he read the wiki page and some goodreads quotes, but not the novels themselves. Motherfucker seems to care a lot more about how his clothes look than about literature whatsoever. The type of guy who spends hours shaving his chest and deliberately making himself look like he has a perpetual 5 o'clock shadow

I don't think his reviews serve any purpose other than to introduce the viewer to the book and give them a general idea of what they are in store for, which is pretty much what I said. I couldn't agree more about Cliff as a person. But I don't know what the hell these people are expecting from booktubers. There are worthwhile analyses on YouTube, but they are typically on University channels, about the classics, and given by a literature PhDs . Cliff is approximately 75% of Veeky Forums though, and the remainder is made up of anons from other boards who are even dumber and less self-aware.

fingerless gloves in LA, no less.

Be the change you wish to see in the world, as they say. Not saying that with 100% conviction, but it'd be nice to have a halfway decent booktuber, and the competition so far is anything but stiff.

I agree. The gimmick of Thug Notes gets old incredibly quick, but even it has far better analysis than Cliff. Honestly, Cliff's attempts to talk about literature are just embarrassing.

Of course he's from fucking Portland