Some argue that money is the root of evil, that becoming ultra rich leads to corruption of one;s self and others...

Some argue that money is the root of evil, that becoming ultra rich leads to corruption of one;s self and others. Do you agree or disagree? This can be viewed in the Great Gatsby as Jay Gatsby believed that money at a young age can achieve his biggest dream gaining the heart of Daisy ,but that dream died like him.

Other urls found in this thread:

capitalismmagazine.com/2002/08/franciscos-money-speech/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

but most argue that The Great Gatsby is garbage.

some argue that money is the root of all evil, but have you ever asked what is the root of money? Money is a tool of exchange, which can’t exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value. Money is not the tool of the moochers, who claim your product by tears, or of the looters, who take it from you by force. Money is made possible only by the men who produce. Is this what you consider evil?

Most people on Veeky Forums do. In my experience, Gatsby is pretty well loved by most people. From what I can tell, a lot of people on Veeky Forums got a watered-down high school reading of TGG, which is unfortunate cause it is a really interesting novel.

lol nah

gotta admit i liked that (wouldn't admit irl tho)

Ideology is the root of all evil. Money is the stem of all evil. The people, all evil's leaves.

capitalismmagazine.com/2002/08/franciscos-money-speech/
IMO one of the solid worthwhile ideas from most of Rands books

my pastor says that ignorance is just the fools fig leaves

>Then is money made by the man who invents a motor at the expense of those who did not invent it?

someone should post that in the whiney AI thread

It's disproportionately doled out though. The heart of capitalism is to get out more than you put in. That objectively leads to exploitation.

>eat from the fig tree in the garden of eden
>attain knowledge of good and evil
>this knowledge makes me ignorant.
Damn, your pastor can critique ideology like a boss desu.

>It's disproportionately doled out though. The heart of capitalism is to get out more than you put in. That objectively leads to exploitation.

uh, no that leads to growing the economy, and it's doled out by how much value you create...

>yfw inflating the economy by bailing out failing banks and implementing quantitative easing "creates value"

>yfw bailouts were the result of obama colluding with the failing banks and not the actual innovators and manufacturers

ah

>letting ur bank system collapse instead giving them loans to keep the economy going

come on now, obama continued the bush bailouts after he took office and obama is black, are you racist or something? hey everybody! this guy doesn't like obama! RACIST!

[citation needed]

having one single target is beta.

two or none.

hey bro do u not remember bush let bear sterns fail, and the next day the economy fell off a cliff and billions of dollars evaporated, hmm, maybe ultra free market economics is actually not good policy irl, so obama kept the bailouts going

>the bailouts don't cause hundreds of billions of damage in inflation while setting a dangerous precedent in an economic sector already run amok post glass-steagall.