Philip K Dick

Is he worth reading?

heard he is a dick.

No

yeh

Pseud detected

His prose is complete shit and his ideas can be recycled but he has some interesting shit. I would recommend starting with Ubik, despite how cliche that is becoming

Was the first one I read, and yeh it's pulpy linguistically but the concepts were fascinating and propulsive.

If Chris Nolan hadn't released Interstellar I'd say it read like a good Nolan film but he's kinda dinked his already above-average reputation now

i love rick and morty

kek

I bet Harmon would write a pretty decent novel though

>and yeh it's pulpy linguistically but the concepts were fascinating and propulsive.
This is the meme opinion of PKD. It's totally correct. He's entirely worth reading. Some of his works are somewhat outdated, particularly his cold war mentality DUDE NUKES LMAO short stories, but otherwise he stands the test of time remarkably well.

Yar

In that, I feel books like Ubik are his most rewarding, otherwise you can often get the same effect through his shorts. If you wanna try stuff out, check out the Paycheck collection

Do you know which collection that story about the telepathic pink pig was in, by chance?

That's the first one in Paycheck I think

Four pages, gives a good intro to whether or not you'll like him. I loved the story five years ago, haven't really revisited it

no, not a chnce

Of course, anything to get into the cute little cartoons he makes.

Thanks. You saved me a google search lel.

I'm drunk so please allow me a rambling post...

Ever since I was a kid, I've loved fantasy and scifi. In college, I majored in english and philosophy. I've always been a voracious reader and a bon vivant so it's no surprise I got into drugs and hippie culture around the same time. Somehow or another, I entered into the metamystical world of PKD and T-dog McKenna through LSD and chaos magic. At the moment, I am in the process of writing my magnum opus which relates the two, but in the event that I die I rest content knowing that PKD basically wrote everything I wanted to write.

My personal favorite is the VALIS trilogy. I feel overwhelmed by the synchronicity contained therein. My name is remarkably similar to Timothy Archer of the transmigration...

Anyway, I fear I have said too much. Afraid friends will see this post. Definitely worth reading -- if you can handle the strange.

oh. look. it's. this. thread. again.

>T-dog McKenna through LSD and chaos magic
I feel genuinely sorry for you, and wish you luck finding a niche in society that will tolerate if not embrace you.

>I feel overwhelmed by the synchronicity contained therein
Check your digits, you'll cream your pants.

This. Never read anything truly bad by PKD and even his awkward prose gets some added curiosity cabinet value.

He's great but keep in mind he wrote a lot of his stuff on drugs and didn't have an editor as his works were mostly sold to scifi rags of the time.

yeah, fuck books. let's go back to sucking John Green's cock.

You faggot.

His Divine Trilogy, or whatever it's called, is a fun ride and really interesting if you're interested in religion, mysticism, reality or stuff like that.

It can be hard to follow, but its always interesting.

Has anyone in here read the Exegesis? How was it?

>prose is complete shit
>ideas can be recycled
So why should he be read? please, I wish to learn from your wisdom.