Who else wishes they was American? I love American culture and food. I hate being a Yuropoor...

Who else wishes they was American? I love American culture and food. I hate being a Yuropoor. Americans improve literally everything. American takes on "ethnic" food are simply much better than the original, for instance, American Chinese food, Cajun, Tex-Mex, pizza and hamburgers etc. etc. Everything is better in America.

Euro-pee-ons are just jealous. Everyone consumes American food across the whole world and Yuropoors can't accept that Yurop hasn't been relevant on the world stage in centuries. Americans have so many great restaurants and better quality food. It's a fact.

Honestly, I feel like a "trans-American", I was born in a Yuropoor body but I would die for America.

What are your favourite kinds of American food? Favourite American restaurants?

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/magazine/2016/11/28/post-election-liberals-invoke-states-rights
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm an American, North Carolinian. I'll trade you, get me out of this hellhole.

y'know you can move, right?

I'm a fellow North Carolinian. Maybe North Carolina is just too much for you to handle; try easy mode like Commiefornia

Nah, North Carolina is great. The whole "being a part of America" thing puts a real damper on the whole situation though.

That's why we all oughta associate more with our state than the federal government desu. Im a greater carolinian first, American second

>Im a greater carolinian first, American second

Please leave.

I am also in NC, carry on

Lukas you furry faggot, get off the internet.

America has its ups and downs. Europe as a whole as its own ups and downs too. There are things which are more easily accessible in America and things which are more easily accessible in Europe. There's no real reason to compare the two. Just like every other country on this hell orb you call "earth", America sucks shit unless you either have a lot of money/have a decent income and/or; have friends (bonus points if they too have a lot of money/have a decent income).

Unfortunately I'm white.

There are many pluses to living in the US. How cheap everything is happens to be a big one. The fact that it's pretty easy to reinvent yourself if you want is another.

But getting sick here can bankrupt you. Gun violence and getting killed on the highways are for real here. There are also lots of religious nutjobs. And our foreign policy is always a source of embarrassment. So is how we treat poor people here. And racism. And while consumer goods are cheap the quality of them (especially food) is shockingly low, and if you want better than that you pay a lot more.

The individualism thing we have here means you have lots of options open to you. But if your luck is bad there's not much of a safety net. And if you start out poor the deck is definitely stacked against you.

>Shart in mart detected

You're a digusting piece of shit tbqh

gtfo

>wishes they was
>they was
You'll fit right in

Are you comparing an entire continent to one country?

>Yurop hasn't been relevant on the world stage in centuries.
The USA has only been relevant for one century though.
Think about it.

There's a very good chance he's actually an American.

>wishes they was
WERE

If you want to be an American, try learning some basic English grammar first.

He's American.
They've all embraced Ebonics.

Who are you quoting - I didn't say any of that shit

i just visited illinois for a week and it wasn't bad
canada is still nicer though
glad to be home

also american-chinese is fucking flavourless, disgusting shit. canadian-chinese is where it's at

>drive through indiana
>literally nothing but fireworks, corn, and signs about abortion or going to hell

Nice try, newfag.

do you have a fucking problem with that?

yes
it's tacky as fuck
the only good thing about that are the fireworks stores

>not alternating between Marbs and dick
look at this fucking loser

It's a really difficult country to immigrate to. Not that I'd ever want to. Canada on the other hand looks dope.

>It's a really difficult country to immigrate to
Yeah but if you move there illegally there's no consequences. You can vote, get a job, get healthcare etc. Seriously, why don't people who want to immigrate to America just do it illegally like the spics?

because Canada is America without the awful parts

No doubt parts of the US are just fucking awful. You couldn't pay me enough to live in the Midwest.

If more people gave a shit about states rights then republicans wouldn't be universally considered "evil old men" by everyone under 40

Shame that'll never happen because they stopped teaching us how government actually works in public school

Chicago and Chicagoland are really nice though
I was driving back to Toronto and just couldn't believe how awful Indiana is

I'm Bong. Northern English.
Yanks don't know how delicious our food is.
Examples are black pudding, rhubarb crumble with custard, pasties, fish and chips, pies, scones, apple turnover with cream, shepherd's pie, full English breakfast, Yorkshire pudding, Sunday roast, toad in the hole, cream tea etc
British food is the best food.
It is better than anything American (burgers and soda), French (bread and frog's legs), Italian (pizza or pasta)

You must not travel much. We have ALL those foods here in the US, and easily found, except in the most flyover of flyover places. Even black pudding is pretty easy to find where I live, but you have to go to a real butcher shop, not just the grocery store. pic related, it's my neighborhood fish and chip place.

>states rights
This is just republican code for "I care too much what consenting adults do in the bedroom, but you should get off my back when I want to dump toxic waste in the water supply, also niggers"

Not anymore now it means "waah trump is bad so the states shouldn't have listen to him"

>implying any liberal democrat would be caught dead using the phrase "states rights"
Also the trump stuff is more on the municipal level, if you are referring to the sanctuary business

Wrong
newyorker.com/magazine/2016/11/28/post-election-liberals-invoke-states-rights

Let me guess.... in the Liberal Triangle??

That is an opinion piece meant to provocatively draw parallels, i.e., to troll. Of course there are parallels. For instance the sanctuary city business. But the actual term "states rights" is radioactive, hence why no liberal democrat would be caught using that phrase (other than to troll, which is what that writer is doing).

>You must not travel much.
I've travelled a lot. I'm ex Royal Air Force and have family in New Zealand.
I really liked Cypriot food when I was there. I patrolled the 1974 line between the north and south. I often go to NZ and I transit through Thailand, Singapore or Hong Kong.
It's a long flight. I suppose the food I like is the food I grew up with. 'comfort food', perhaps.
I was trolling a bit. I love food from all over the world.
Singapore has the best food I've tasted. The last time I was there, I had a soup thing with pig stomach. It was delicious. It had a tasty broth. My grandmother cooked it. We called it 'tripe'. We had it with onions.

I've travelled a lot, and tasted a lot of food.

I was born in America, but I wish I was Irish.. they seem nice... I like sarcasm and drinking...

Not so much a fan of the American "muh heritage" """"""Irish"""""" though...

Anyone else here support Trump bombing Syria? Obama should have done it in 2013.

I think it was a smart move on his part on pretty much every level. I don't have any objections to it overall although I still think he's a scumbag. 2x Obama voter btw.

The best part is it triggers alt right babies who know nothing about how international relations work.

Does it? I've completely tuned those people out. I thought they are in favor of attacking "da mooslims"

>Chicago and Chicagoland are really nice though
Agreed. The city is a little spread out for my taste, making a car there a must. That's a downside. Why live in a city when you still have to drive everyfuckingwhere? Part of the allure of a city is that you can just be a pedestrian if you want. Many US cities have that problem. Car culture is a bitch.

and this is why I went back to Toronto
I can walk basically anywhere or take a subway

>There are many pluses to living in the US.
>How cheap everything is happens to be a big one
>How cheap everything is
>cheap

you are out of your fucking mind or you're still living with mommy and daddy

I visited US before going to Italy and you may call me a pleb, but your "Italian" food is way better than the real Italian food made in Italy by real Italians.

That was mind boggling for me. My mom agreed with me, but not dad. Secretly I think he was in denial.

>an entire continent
You're a little bigger than Texas, it's not that much of a stretch m8

>country ridiculed for being obese and eating too much food
>people are surprised at how good the food is when they come over
every time

San Diego country here, our mexican food is easily better than what you can find in mexico. America takes the best dishes and improves them to be both tastier and worse for you at the S A M E T I M E

havent had sushi that was as good as when I loved in Japan, however

This board is chock full of people that actually believe it's cheap to live here but also buy all their food at mcdonalds.
I don't have fast food here. It costs $8 easy to fill me up. There's a literal bill for flushing your toilet or draining water here. You can NOT drink the bleach water from the tap unless it's a perfect day, so you're buying water too. Rent, naturally. Out of control banks overdrafting your account and charging you an extra 800-1000 bucks a year.
Everything is fucking really expensive here. I don't get to eat 3 meals a day. I don't even get to have half a meal a day. I have horrifying malnutrition. Every day is more suffering, more starving and more people that want your money.
Most of our population will never have over $1000 in the bank for their entire lives.
The poverty level isn't substantial, it's encompassing. There's nothing fucking rich about $8 an hour when it costs $8 to fill you up for that hour. It's an endless loop of waiting for paydays, enjoying yourself for 3 days and then going back to suffering.

Living in the US is very close to torture.

>Out of control banks overdrafting your account and charging you an extra 800-1000 bucks a year.
???

Where the fuck do you live

Branch banking and mother fucking trust.
They delayed a simple credit card payment for 10 days last month and dropped it on me when the account was empty.
-36 (od)
-36 (overdrawn account fee)
7 days later
-36 (oaf)
7 days later
-36 (oaf)

And the pizza wasn't even that good for costing $150. They do this year round, shit like mailing out statements twice a month to incorrect addresses and charging you $36 twice and then every week afterwards.
Crooked mother fuckers have charged me $6000 over 4 years.

You're bad at managing finances dude. Blame everyone else but yourself though

Maybe it's time to switch to another bank? IIRC there was a major bank that got in big trouble for intentionally re-ordering the transactions to maximize the penalties.

Electronic banking, download copies of your transaction logs, and stop relying on sketchy shit like mailed checks for time-sensitive transactions. When I pay my card I get an instant email receipt and the transaction completes within 1 business day.

On second thought, don't switch banks just yet. Get better at managing your money like the other guy said. Open another account BEFORE you close this one. Do not close this account if you've got a negative balance. Since this apparently needs to be explained to you, that also means a *potentially* negative balance (if you're not keeping track of those random checks you're mailing around)

If you close your account on a negative balance you're likely to be blacklisted for years. You think it's fun getting hit for overdraft fees for (surprise) overdrawing your balance? Have fun paying just for the privilege of cashing a check every 2 weeks.

You're obviously living in the wrong place, working the wrong job and eating the wrong stuff. My living expenses are under $1000 a month, I make between $60 and $100/hr and rarely spend more than $5 a day on food. Get your shit together Tyrone.

Canadian here, it's certainly cheaper than it is at home

try living here you fucking nigger, every time I leave my little sanctuary in a nice town in the Region it's either niggers or corn and fireworks.

A lot of people voted for Trump based on his isolationist, let them fend for themselves, America First stance. Especially because they believed Hillary is a globalist and warhawk. So they're rankled that he dove in on Syria in the fear that this will lead us to another war.

Yes, others voted for him in the thought that he would bomb the hell out of terrorist hotbeds and return them to the stone age. But by and large I think those people were content with the promise to simply keep them out of the country with the travel ban.

Yes, I just found out they have 9 choices mcnugget dipping sauces, NINE.

Seems like it would be worth getting shot daily.

>every time I leave my little sanctuary in a nice town
so you feel like Ann Arborites? because it's the loveliest little town while the rest of Michigan looks like shit, especially Detroit