Do you plan your meals out for the week and shop accordingly?

do you plan your meals out for the week and shop accordingly?

im single and find im throwing a lot of food out

No, I'm not a poorfag millennial.

>eat shitty processed foods indefinitely
>see a cool recipe that uses produce
>buy ingredients for that recipe, cook it, eat it
>go back to buying shitty processed foods

I plan out every weekend.

Also, when I have some shit that's about to expire/rot, I google "potato, beet, pork chop recipe" or whatever the stuff is I want to use, and make something new. There's always a recipe that will incorporate everything.

Just count out the servings of food you need to get through the week and buy only that much. You're an idiot if you just buy whatever looks good and throw a bunch of it away later.

post a pic of your vagina

I just think up of one or two things I can make a batch of for my work lunches and then buy other stuff.
By and large I buy pantry foods so I hardly ever throw food out.

Yes you are

Shop accordingly. It's pretty hard to shop for the whole week and supermarkets around here very often sell meat that's about to expire at a dime

I'm a multimillionaire and I'm 76 years old.

Sure buddy

I usually plan out my meals about 3 days ahead (often making a big batch for multiple days) and shop accordingly. If I'm still somehow left with something perishable, I'll use that as a starting point for the next batch of meals. I hardly ever have to throw things away.

Also, I have tried planning one week ahead, but I've found that often there will be a change of plans halfway through (visiting friends, eating out, whatever) that shakes up the system and I do end up throwing stuff out.

I like this idea.

I generally have a few meals I plan to make during a week, but the rest I improvise based on what looks good at the market when I go. I'll just buy whatever proteins/produce etc look the best and then wing it from there.

Sort of the reverse.
I plan my meals on what's available/on special offer.
Example, Wednesday, I bought
Pea flowers
Fried fish cakes (pempek)
Zucchini and yellow squash
Pork chops
and mushrooms
because they were all priced nicely.

So between last week's leftovers, I'll also be having pea flower rice (nasi kerabu) with fish cakes, pasta with zucchini and eggs, chilli pork chops (with sides of grilled yellow squash, stir fried mushrooms and garlic rice) and mushroom risotto.

I go to the grocery store every few days, because what I'm hungry for constantly changes.

The grocery store is on my way back from Campus so I have 5 opportunities a week to get whatever.

Only things I notice go to waste for me is whipping creams, that's just because I don't use it quick enough.

Why the hell are you here then? Fuck off.

I go on small shopping trips for produce every couple of days, keeping in mind some meals I'd like to make. Write lists, don't and don't go in hungry. Also be careful about impulse buying things that are perishable and you're unsure that you're going to eat. It also might be to your advantage to either make smaller trips to the store more often and make sure you only buy things you're going to use, or start buying more frozen or canned goods if you don't care about certain items being fresh and want to save some money.

>fuck off
Says the tripfag as he aches for recognition and notoriety

Normally I'm not one to object to tripfags but I have to agree with this. At least have an interesting personality if you're going to trip. Trigger people, or be a "nice guy", or have a certain specific set of topics you always reply to, or something. ANYTHING. This bland "Mr. Jinks" persona is painfully milquetoast. Absolutely nothing to distinguish these posts from the average throwaway post on Veeky Forums. Neither positive nor negative nor interesting in any way.

No. I plan out the next few meals and buy what I need. Then I look at whatever perishable stuff is left in the fridge, and use that to plan the next few meals, picking up whatever I need to round them out. That way very little food goes bad on me. But it also means I'm not eating based on whims - what I feel like at the moment. I'm eating based on what I have to use up.