Can you guys tell me what sugars or sweeteners are better for you than the others?

Can you guys tell me what sugars or sweeteners are better for you than the others?

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionfacts.org/video/what-causes-insulin-resistance/
nutritionfacts.org/video/the-healthiest-sweetener/
youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

Agave nectar and honey are best.

Artificial sweeteners such as Saccharin (Sweet 'N Low), Sucralose (Splenda), and Aspartame (Equal, NutraSweet), etc. have zero calories because they have no absorb-able food energy value in the body whereas sucrose (table sugar) has 16 cal/tsp which make them better for you from a weight management perspective.

Natural sweetener like maple syrup or honey contain trace minerals along with their sugar load but are otherwise empty calories.

As far as your pancreas sees it, any form of absorbable sugar whether it's agave, high fructose corn syrup, regular fructose grocery store corn syrup, molasses, etc. all breakdown into glucose in the blood.

The best you could do, absent just eating whole fresh fruits in their own, is to get some whole dried fruits like raisins, prunes, dates, etc. that have their natural sugar content concentrated and process them into a powdered DIY sugar in a blender. Then at least you'll get all of their intact phytonutrients and fiber content along with the sweetness.
nutritionfacts.org/video/what-causes-insulin-resistance/
nutritionfacts.org/video/the-healthiest-sweetener/

Never eat sugar substitute or white sugar nothing but cancer, try organic cane sugar. And fruit is very good.

Thanks guys. I'm mostly curious if it's "better" to consume stevia sugar or normal cane sugar. I hear and read mixed things.

Natural sugar:
Contains fructose, which is poison to your liver every bit as bad as alcohol

Fake sugar:
Invariably tastes like bitter asshole
Possible exception for Xylitol, which will give you endless diarrhea if you eat it in the same quantities you are currently consume HFCS

Stevia is not a sugar.

So is fake sugar as bad for your body?

Probably not?
We'll never know, it's too disgusting for human consumption.

you need a lot less stevia to get the same sweetening effect as sugar, and it doesn't affect insulin levels unless you overuse it madly. it is a better choice in general.

Brown sugar > All

I like splenda and sweet n low...

Why?

Sugar is not particularly harmful. If you care about your health you should minimize your intake of saturated fat, salt and animal products. Sugar is a non-issue by comparison.

You can replace sugar with golden syrup, which is made from whole sugar beets and contains an appreciable amount of fiber and minerals.

What do you mean by "animal products"?

Do you have any source on the fiber in golden syrup? Molasses, a very similar product, has literally none.

I am referencing Goldsaft from Germany, though I would assume that similar products are available in other countries. It's just cooked whole sugar beets made into a syrup. So it is totally unrefined and very sweet, but has a strong and distinct flavor

In 100 grams it has 300 calories
66 grams sugar
5.4 grams fiber
450 mg potassium (10% DRV)
9 mg iron (90% for an adult male)
90 mg magnesium (25%)
Folate 130 mcg (33%)

Haha good job using shit science from the 70s. Saturated fats are healthy for you. Sugar is not.

If I am quitting sugar, besides fruits now and then, about how long does it take to leave my body? I'm not smart about this stuff, I'm sorry. I'm just severely addicted to sugar, especially pop, and I've tried stopping a million times. I went 6 months without any sugar and my cravings NEVER went away. I know this sounds stupid or funny but I really need help.

actually useful thread, attempting to b.u.m.p.

most of the world is still pretty convinced it's not healthy.

i use walmart aspartame. it's good stuff.

Sugar isn't addictive, you're just weak willed.
You need motivating.

is that you always talking about walmart aspartame?

i can't tell if you're a shill or just super enthusiastic about aspartame.

Not that guy.
Don't drink any soda, diet or otherwise.

i misquoted.

youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Stevia is a good replacement. It's a bit pricier than sugar and it has a mild aftertaste some people dislike, but it's healthier for pretty much everyone and it's quite sweet. Give it a shot.