Holy shit this book is so damn good written

Holy shit this book is so damn good written

How is his other books the last 20 years so amateurish compared to his old books, like this one that was written in the 80s?

Did he write any other books that is as good or better as this one?

>so damn good written

I am aware of the fact that this is not a literary confession thread, but 'IT' got me into reading.

Now I am an average English major in Germany and living the dream till I die full of regrets and bitter hate for Stephen King.

this, my mom sorta bought it for me on a whim in third grade since I was "running out of" kids books.

Terrible parenting on her part, but I kept reading. Tried going back to it, it was shit.

>Holy shit this book is so damn good written

(((They))) did something to him

Why is the protagonist in 90% of his books a high school teacher?

All of the adult protagonists are rich as fuck maine white trash and a black male librarian. fantasy indeed

>Autists who can't stand fiction because its triggers their autism

What a terrible post. I read plenty of fiction, and certainly not just memes. The problem with stephen kings writing is that it is almost universally formatted as

"x", says Joe.
"Y", says mike.
"x", says Joe.
"Y", says mike.
"x", says Joe.
"Y", says mike.
"x", says Joe.
"x", says Joe.
Author exposition, descriptive paragraph, poor vocabulary and flow.

Pet Semetary especially egregious.

Why doesn't he write stories about kids / teens in 50's America just doing kids shit? No paranormal, no horror things. It's obviously what he does best, he should have focused on that.

yeah this thread is trying to subtly troll.

>other books that is
>how is

OP is a fag.

Because he already made one book, why would he make the exact same topic ?

If you say so. I'd never be scared of a clown who just talks shit from a distance and dies at the first hint of slingshot.

Why did he make the kids have sex

The clown is hardly in the book at all and the slingshot doesnt kill it

I'd say IT is his best work. As for his later stuff being junk, well....a lot of his early stuff was garbage also, read shit like The Dead Zone, if you want to see. He's been publishing trash all throughout his career, it's not exclusive to his gay declining years.

I liked Misery a lot, it was one of his books where his inability to write a good payoff didn't drag it down quite so much, since the sort of anticlimactic moments work with the plot and setting

First three Dark Tower books are his peak.

I think he wrote IT at the peak of his drug use. It shows

The Running Man is another great book where his obvious drug use shows. It's basically like one long, antisocial coke ramble.

I remember dropping this book early on when one of the characters is in a writing class and is looked down upon by the prof for writing genre shit while the other student's pretentious work gets praised. I have to wonder whether King's still mad at a writing teacher he had or whether he's angry about snobby critics, despite being a huge success and getting rave reviews. Or it's just a pandering cheap shot at academia, which can work (there's a whole genre based on making fun of it) but it felt more like a stupid person's idea of what goes on in writing classes rather than what actually happens there.

Either way I already thought the writing was sloppy and the characters shallow (there's a part when King tries to get inside the head of an abusive husband which was just the dumbest most cliched attempt at psychology ever) and I already knew what happened based on the movie, so I just don't care. I only read it because I thought I was being too much of a try-hard reading too many classics, but by now I've learned not to care. Give me dry victorian crap and experimental doorstoppers over pleb lit any day of the week.

Well Kings is rich and loved not like the dumbfucks on this thread. Write a best -seller MF!