Thoughts on this greasy Dominican?

Thoughts on this greasy Dominican?

I actually enjoyed Oscar Wao, but I haven't read anything else by him. Not exactly a Joyce, but more interesting and entertaining than say Pynchon or Wallace

>but more interesting and entertaining than say Pynchon
>tfw Veeky Forums is infested with plebs

I have only read lot 49 and V so I'm not a Pynchon expert but niether was particularly good

He came to my college (Jesuit university) to give talk/Q&A and he criticized us for the low amount of first-generation immigrants in the crowd.

p. greasy desu

What's his problem? It's not like you could help it.

He's a cunt that gets a pass on a lot of his cuntiness because he's a spic.

I agree with this. What do you think of his work though?

*eye roll*

He does that everywhere, it's his shtick. Every time he does it George Soros gives him a $1,000 amazon gift card.

He came to my university too and made a girl cry because she was a fan of his and he like dug into her about that. He's really an asshole

Spic nobody

Pocho tier, horrible writer

what did he say?

Worst South American writer ever

He's a cunt. I'll be Dominican Republic's next top intellectual.

>Dominican Republic's next top intellectual.
Worst TV show idea ever desu

I'm Latino and even I thought Oscar Wao was affirmative action lit.

>Ai ai aiiiii dios mio look at this senorita jajajaja

kek was gonna make the same joke fuck

>If you’re a boy writer, it’s a simple rule: you’ve gotta get used to the fact that you suck at writing women and that the worst women writer can write a better man than the best male writer can write a good woman

I only heard about it, but from what I gathered, he like insulted her for not branching off into more obscure multicultural authors or something like that.

Kek I almost didn't post it because I thought it might sound kinda hack. Thanks for confirming it.

Veeky Forums has this problem where they love bashing writers for reasons other than their writing. (Vonnegut is hated because some hipsters get tattoos of his lines, Diaz is hated because he's an SJW...) See, none of this actually has to do with their writing.

I don't really like Diaz because I don't like his writing. He's just very much in the mold of the contemporary American MFA program system where he writes in this bland, easily imitateable style and a lot of his stuff at least in Drown, is just kind of solipsistic nonsense where people just kind of wallow in their problems at home or in their hood and nothing really happens--which is so like much of contemporary American fiction. There's literally a story in Drown where some guy is just in his apartment listening to a couple have a fight in another apartment. Ugh.

My other problem is that I think he uses a lot of cheap pumped up "voice" to obscure his mediocrity and like in Oscar Wao I just found all the pop culture references and shit cheap and almost pandering, like "look at how quirky and with it I am."

Diaz' actual writing isn't really SJW noise. It's just Dominicans acting hood, pretty much. White people are pretty much a non factor.

I don't care for his writing. Tries too hard to be hip and cool.
I've seen him in person a few times. I saw him once while I was eating brunch outside. I was going to tell him he was a shit writer but didn't think it was worth it. Other time I saw him was when I met a professor at a cafe for lunch. I noticed Junot was at a table and mentioned it to my professor. He told me he found some of his early short stories to be alright but Oscar Wao and his new collection to be shit.

>I was going to tell him he was a shit writer but didn't think it was worth it.

>Being this much of a aspie

And let's be real m8, no, you weren't seriously going to do that.

>iAy mamacita! When ju gonna come my way ehhh???? jajajajaja, Iwatchu starin at cabron!

Irreversible and Enter The Void were fun but he's a one-trick huckster and Love was awful

I liked The Cheater's Guide to Love but I'll admit it's the only thing of his I've read.

he sold me my gyro today during lunch

>but more interesting and entertaining than say Pynchon

I was very drunk m8 it was brunch time
That one seems to be pretty popular. He isn't awful, just less than mediocre. I hate how overrated he is though.

underrated