Tell me about salmon. What are some healthy and delicious recipes you can share?

Tell me about salmon. What are some healthy and delicious recipes you can share?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/08/sous-vide-salmon-recipe.html#comment-anchor-299929
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I keep my salmon fairly simple, panfried with lemon juice, pepper, and parsley

My old man used to get a little fancier with it, he'd barbecue it on cedar planks and put hollondaise sauce on it

Salt, pepper, olive oil on a pan. Into the oven for 12-15m at 400 degrees.

>healthy
If you buy nice salmon you don't need to do much with it especially if you want it for health.

I recommend pan fried with salt, pepper, and dill. Lemon juice if you want. I think couscous and greens are the best with it.

If you can get really good salmon try making sashimi.

I just eat it raw straight out of the fridge. meh.

Season the salmon with salt and pepper and grill it. Serve with garlic mashed potato and fresh vegetables.

Salmon has enough flavor on it's own, don't mess with it too much.

pan fry til crispy skin. glaze w/ teriyaki. heat a bit. serve w/ white rice.

In the oven.

Fry it up in a pan with some salt and pepper and eat it with spinach and gorgonzola. Simple as fuck. Absolutely delish.

Thoughts on CapeHerb&Spice seasoning? Black pepper, roasted onion, sea salt, garlic, parsley, dill seeds, fennel and citrus.

Enjoy your salmonella, unless its sashimi salmon.

Dijon mustard + lemon juice = GOAT sauce for salmon.

Soy sauce
Worcestershire sauce
Some kind of cooking oil
Ginger
Garlic
Dried rosemary
Maple syrup or brown sugar

Mix all those things up in a cup or bowl (I never measure, just do it by eye). Cut salmon into filets and place in freezer bag with marinade. Marinate for 45 mins, then flip bag over for another 45 mings. Broil for 5 mins a side.

Absolutely delicious, this recipe has never let me down. I usually use the big things of salmon from Costco.

>couscous

fucking hipster millenials

mix miso, mirin, vinegar, soy sauce, green onions, ginger, some sugar, and sesame oil. marinate. grill

Take a sheet of tinfoil and fold up the sides
Put it on the tinfoil
Smear Honey on the surface
Pour a bit of sriracha sauce on it
Surround the bottom with teriyaki marinade
Cover it with more tinfoil and bake it at 375° for 18minutes.
After that keep checking it until it looks cooked enough for you.(I like it pretty opaque)

go buy some couscous

Favorite recipe is to take a big piece of salmon, and slather it in jelly.

Get a carrot and place in the middle

Roll up and tie butchers twine to keep the salmon rolled around the carrot.

Microwave it on 50% for a bout 90 seconds.

Remove the carrot.

Jerk yourself off with the hole that is left....feelzAmazing.jpeg

>sashimi.
don't you need sushi grade meat for this? i was to understand that sushi has been previously frozen to -300 to kill any parasites.

damn, didn't see that coming.

salt garlic parsley and honey, steamed in cabbage leaves

I feel like most fish is frozen like this, since they are often frozen on the boat they are caught on. I've personally eaten raw salmon and halibut in the kitchen I work at and its not meant to be anything special in terms of sushi quality.

Had salmon yesterday.
Was alright.
Green bean, pepper and sweetcorn quinoa, long stem broccoli, and mixed spices on top of the salmon.

>Tell me about salmon.
A LOT OF FLAVOR FOR A RELATIVELY CHEAP FISH

>-300
So it defied the laws of physics?

>damn, didn't see that coming.

I like to keep my recipes very unique and surprising ;)

I really like the sound of that

>Salmon
>Relatively cheap

Relative to fucking what? The discount bulk packaged frozen salmon costs more per pound than strip steaks here, fresh skinned fillets are 8 bucks apiece (roughly 18 dollars per pound).

If you want a lot of flavor from a relatively cheap fish get mahi-mahi, fuck that overrated salmon noise.

Perhaps he's wondering why you'd cook a fish before using it to make sashimi?

I just add hoisin sauce to it, wrap it in foil and grill it on the foreman. Goes great with some asparagus.

Where do you live?

for you

>salmon cheap
In what world do you live. Salmon is getting more expensive with the year because fish oil and wild salmon are scarce.

It's getting cheaper everywhere because farming.

My mom used to make meals with couscous all the time. I hated it but she kept making it anyway.

I sous vide salmon and then pan fried the skin side for like 30 seconds and ate it on top of some rice and I had trouble believing how good it was. It took almost no effort and is now my go-to method.

seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/08/sous-vide-salmon-recipe.html#comment-anchor-299929

By 300 Kelvin, to be precise

>FDA guidelines state that prior to consuming raw fish, the fish must be frozen at specific temperatures and stored frozen for a certain period in order to effectively kill parasites. These are the recommendations from the FDA for proper freezing of fish that will be consumed raw. The fish must be:

>Frozen and stored at a temperature of -20°C (-4°F) or below for a minimum of 168 hours (7 days) in a freezer; or
>Frozen at -35°C (-31°F) or below until solid and stored at -35°C (-31°F) or below for a minimum of 15 hours; or
>Frozen at -35°C (-31°F) or below until solid and stored at -20°C (-4°F) or below for a minimum of 24 hours.

A dollop of homemade basil pesto butter (I make and freeze a fuckton at a time for just this). Thank me later.

I love making blackened salmon. God fucking damn does it make my dick hard just thinking about it.

I've made it so much that I've forgotten the measurements, but you basically use salt, pepper, paprika, dried thyme, a little garlic powder, and cayenne pepper for added heat.

Coat your salmon fillets in that seasoning mix. Get em nice and covered. Then get your pan ripping hot. Add some oil to the pan and start searing the skin, Once that's nice and crispy, flip it and get the other side nice and dark. The paprika blackens quickly, which is why it's called blackened salmon.

After that, you throw it in the broiler, or the oven set to max. You pre-heated that, right? Good. It only takes a few minutes on each side and in the oven. Once it's done, you'll be left with salmon with a nice crispy skin, a nice blackened seasoning on top, and the middle will be deliciously soft and moist. Add lemon if you really want.

Raw is best, salmonella is for the weak

I like making a rub with lemon pepper seasoning, sugar, dill, and a pinch of salt. The sugar caramelizes, the lemon pepper has a lot of earthy notes and zing, and the dill freshens the whole thing. Serve over some rice with asparagus spears on the side.

Disclaimer: I usually do this with frozen pre-cut salmon, as I live 2000 miles from any ocean and I'm poor. The rare times I have fresh salmon I don't season it all that much.

>Frozen pre-cut salmon
inb4 you use the shitty triangular tail-cuts

not the healthiest because of how I prep it but it's delicious every time and has been received well by everyone.

- mix garlic puree and thyme with room temp butter
- pat salmon dry and cover flesh side with butter
- make an aluminum foil envelope and place salmon inside, squirt some lemon juice in there before sealing it entirely
- oven at 400f for 20 minutes

serve with rice pilaf and asparagus

>nobody can have foreign foods without being a hipster
>I'm not a retarded shut in

leave this board and enjoy your Wonderbread if you don't like anything new. Couscous is cheap and delicious

I want you to shit in my mouth after I kill you, you retarded faggot