Scientifically speaking, how many cigarettes/ day can you smoke safely? That is...

Scientifically speaking, how many cigarettes/ day can you smoke safely? That is, at what number and below are the risks of adverse health effects not statistically significant? Almost every study deals with muh pack a day smoker.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2865193/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any amount of cigarettes daily is statistically significant enough to cause harm.

Any amount of cigarettes per week is also statistically significant enough to cause harm.

How much harm? that is relative, but unless it is a cigar once a year you're fucking your body over one puff at a time.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2865193/

Think of your body like a self repairing machine that can only repair itself slower and slower. You can smoke a shit-ton when you are young, but when you get older you will be fucked.

I have seen so many old fucks in their 50's on oxygen, it's not worth it. After smoking for 15 years, I wanted to have children, and I couldn't dream of smoking around them. This was enough for me to quit.

You can only quit if you want to, and you can't just quit, you have to keep quitting until you only need one cig a day. If you are trying to stratagize about how many cigs you can get away with, you are still addicted.

The first week will be hell on earth. The second week you will get cravings, but as time goes on the cravings get less and less intense until you don't even care.

I still have dreams of smoking cigs, I don't think you can ever cure the addiction. It's there forever.

I've never been a heavy smoker, but even when I did smoke it was only one per day, then I went to low percentage nic vape for a while, and then I relapsed a few days ago and bought a pack of cigs which I hadn't done for a year or more. NEVER start you will always have the desire to smoke, I hate myself for ever starting.

The risk can always be managed and contain. Japs have some of the longest life expectancies in the world and they're also some of the heaviest smokers. Eat right and exercise and the smoking will not matter. Don't listen to alarmists.

You need a reason to quit, you will never choose to quit. You NEED to quit for some reason, because the addiction will trick you into buying more cigs.

Throw away the smokes, they have more nicotine than the vape. If you get cravings just puff on your vape like crazy or buy a cigar. STOP SMOKING THEM.

I haven't had a smoke in 3 years. You can choose, you have to make yourself stop.

>You can choose
You can't choose I meant. The addiction will over-ride it, MAKE YOURSELF STOP. MAKE YOUR BRAIN YOUR BITCH.

none
but you wouldn't smoke if it wasn't killing you, would you?

This and lighten your load. Don't go through a pack in a week. Cigarettes certainly aren't good for you but those terrifying American ad campaigns are because a certain group of corporate people make money from people not smoking. That's why it's so aggressive, it's capitalism, one market versus the other

You don't see aggressive anti GMO commercials, yeah? It's cause there's no profit in that

at least those non-smoking corporates don't give you cancer

Everything is statistically capable of giving you cancer.

This is an example of the addiction "tricking" someone. He knows that his shit is retarded and gay, but he will say anything to justify his next smoke. Don't be this guy. Kick that addiction in the balls.

scientifically speaking how many glasses of water you can drink safely? how many carrots can you eat safely? how many cyanide capsules can you eat safely?

every substance known to man is poisonous, only the dosage produces the poisoning.

true, especially since we live rather long, but smoking is at the high end of that statistic
at least, smoking commercially produced cigarettes
I wonder if organic/homegrown tobacco is "healthier" than store bought pack

Not really, but there are brands that have higher quality filters that do have a noticeable effect.
Most people don't based on that and they just go for taste or price.

People have a right to smoke at the end of the day, what are you, their mom.

They know the risks, some people wanna smoke

Whatever you say junky.

What if you're some guy from India on a visa, and if you don't know the law and think a simple misdemeanor will get you deported?

>Most people don't based on that and they just go for taste or price
I suppose that since they know smoking is unhealthy, it doesn't matter whether the filter is of high quality or not

Have you smoked with no filter? that shit is terrible

made me throw up once

Anyone who still smokes cigarettes in 2017 is a retard
If you're a nicotine addict, just buy a vape and spare your lungs
If you smoke for the taste of tobacco, why are you smoking shitty cigs instead of a cigar or pipe?

What if you are a junky and would literally curb stomp a baby just to have one more hit?

Any addiction is retarded, learn to master yourself.

I've tried it a few times
it's not pleasant
once I tried a bamboo cigarette when I was in Thailand
it was terrible too, but an interesting experience due to the bamboo wrap

>Literally curb stomp a baby

that happen 2 my cousin

I had family that used to vacation over there, great place

that it is, I enjoyed it immensely
the people are friendly and if you mind your manners you're unlikely to have any problems while there

You never know what could be going on behind closed doors. That's why I usually don't leave my apartment, and if I do, I always carry proper identification and follow all traffic laws.

I've been smoking for the last 15 years or so. I've cut down to about 20 cigarettes a day and l feel pretty healthy.

>Make your brain your bitch
Yea, I'm also currently trying to stop, this pretty much cuts to the core of things.

>Light smokers have been classified as smoking less than 1 pack/day [...]
0.9 pack a day sounds like pretty heavy smoking to me