What books are you plebs reading?

What books are you plebs reading?

Other urls found in this thread:

iamvampirenovel.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I haven't read a book in whats approaching three years

Then leave, you filthy cretin. You're wasting everybody's time.

Odyssey

Infinite Jest

Entry-level. If you hadn't read this twice before finishing high school there's no hope for you.

Undergrad-core. You've been misled.

Harlan Ellison, and Desmond Morris

Siddhartha

Something not in the Western Canon

forever laughing

Müller's Sanskrit Grammar.

Clojure programming.

I don't do fiction.

>Sci-fi and Darwinian philosophy
pleb

I remember my Eastern philosophy phase. I was sixteen and quickly got over it.

Which book?

Post the cover of the book you're reading.

>I don't do fiction
Then what are you doing here? You barely qualify as human.

You're a smart guy

pic related

its fucking good, taking a break now, been reading for 60 pages

You sound like a fun chap.

I'm here as I sometimes find non-fiction threads.

I'm east Asian so it's a bit different

Someone on Veeky Forums convinced me to fall for the Murakami meme.

Kafka on the Shore is pretty good so far.

Star few books, but don't have motivation lately.

Start*

>post the cover
It's infinite jest you moron

see
Pathetic.

Kaputt, by Curzio Malaparte. The voice and prose of a man prostrated by war but speaking with the words of the long Nineteenth century. His irony and insight are aridtocratically rare.

Read The Technique of Revolution, Aldo by him, a few days ago. One of the greatest pieces of realpolitik writing I've ever come across. I'll read his other novel, The Skin, as soon as I'm done - then it's Heidegger and Junger until I'm exhausted.

Nabokov's Speak, Memory

fite me irl fag

Aristocratically*
Also*

Of course you filthy Kike, it's Klopstocks Messias

JR desu.

I've started reading again after what seems a lifetime. This summer holidays (aus) I've been making an effort to read as much as possible so currently going through the standard Veeky Forumscore shit. Finished Blood Meridian yesterday and now 100 pages into Stoner. Loving the prose of Williams, so clear and easy to read it, honestly feels like I'm gliding across the pages.

What should I read after? Just bought Crime and Punishment, Aurelius Meditations and Thus Spoke Zarathrustra.

Switched to Harry Potter series because the LoTR combo book was too heavy to hold.

Godel Escher Bach

Murakami is decent in an isolated book. The problem is that all his books are exactly as limited in scope/style as each other, and he never ventures outside his writing comfort zone.

Halfway through (i.e. just now starting Part 5) Anna Karenina.

Planning to start Mansfield Park soon.

Just finished this one and I am truly amazed by it. English is not my maternal tongue, but I speak it fluently so I decided I should give American classics a go. What should I read next? I'm thinking about "Great Gatsby" since it was mentioned and praised by Holden.

Virgin Soil by Ivan Turgenev. It's great so far albeit a tad boring. Not Turgenev's best work but enjoyable nonetheless

How to read "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone"? Why, very quickly, to begin with, and perhaps also to make an end. Why read it? Presumably, if you cannot be persuaded to read anything better, Rowling will have to do.

this guy

lord of the ring and reading like a writer by francine prose

Halfway through this. It has an intelligent nastiness about it.
iamvampirenovel.com/

You should give Stoner a go if you haven't already. Of Mice and Men/Grapes of Wrath are great as well.

>hope
hwataspuk

Secret Doctrine by Blavatsky

Notes From Underground

Gonna read all the major Dostoyevsky novels.

Broom of the system by dfw and the stuff of thought by steven pinker.

It's my first dfw novel and it's not disappointing, however as far as pinker is concerned i'd really like to see someone punch him in the face for being such a smug cunt who uses so much language to say so little.

i just finished reading Kawabata's The Sound of the Mountain

That, and smacking his mouth in between each and every sentence if you ever see him speak in person.

Looks messed up, love it. Think i'll wait for the paperback.

Ironic or not, re-evaluate your life.

Ian Kershaw's biography of Hitler

obviously not literature in the strictest sense, but I was itching for a good biography.

Read Crime and Punishment, it's a great gateway book for Dostoevsky

Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion

Really liking it so far. I have a bit of a fascination with the hippie movement and it's really refreshing to read the perspective of someone who doesn't just glorify its idealism. In fact major props to Didion for being able to see the fatal flaw in the hippie movement years before it even peaked.

Ada - Nabokov
Aristotle - politics

Moby Dick

>tfw have le binged the first two seasons of this in 2 days

its so fucking good, how did i never hear about it before this week

why is ted jr such a turbo faggot

Dubliners, from The Essential James Joyce. Also contains Chamber Music, A Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man, and Exiles. I'm in for a treat.

Brave New World

Never heard about "Stoner". Is it popular in the States?
My father gave me a copy of "Grapes of Wrath" few years ago, but it's in Polish. I'm wondering if much was lost in translation.

Women and Men - McElroy
"A" - Zukofsky
Woes of the True Policeman - Bolano

About to start The Virginian, yeehaw

No one writes to the Colonel and other stories.

Just a few pages in but I already feel like I'm back in Mocando.

Little Birds by Anais Nin

Not good desu

Also some essays by Michel Tournier

MACONDO, pleb

mfw most people here would never read García Márquez or Cervantes in Spanish

Metaphysics by Aristotle
God or Nothing by Based Cardinal

Stoner was one of the best books I read this year. Give it a try, worth it.

Yet I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream is a fascinating inkling to scroll over; arbitrarily it may seem: we are poised with the barrel behind the door to make previsions when a counterexample is incursive on the generally phlegmatic ground we correlate with it

Didion is a really good essayist. Have you read something else by her? The Year of the Magical Thinking and Blue Nights are about the death of her husband and daughter, pretty good books about loss.

No this is my first of hers, but I'll definitely be reading her again. I don't usually go for nonfiction though. Do you know if her novels are any good?

The stranger, it's a pretty great book so far.

I am reading the novel Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes. I am on a voyage of the finest literature of the western tradition and find myself with few able crewmen by which to communicate what I have read. It's an intricate and mesmerizing tale of the idiosyncrasies of a misapprehended soul, I cannot help but commune with the soul of both the character and the Renaissance wit of its writer. Truly masterpieces are timeless!

My bad senpai

Picked this up in one those used book stands that line the Seine river while I was in Paris this past summer. Read it all the way through.

>Super Mario How Nintendo Conquered America
>Dante - Purgatorio
>Mike Loads - Swords and Swordsman
>Song of Roland
>Tom Wolfe - I Am Charlotte Simmons

How pleb am I?

Faust - Goethe
Capital in the 21st Century - Piketty

and my book club is going to start The Handmaid's Tale - Atwood here in a few weeks. What are you reading friendo?

I've only read her essays but I'm planning to read her fiction next year.

Anyone here knows if there's some Veeky Forums group on Skype, telegram or maybe normiegoodreads? It'd be nice to have a book club.

>Tom Wolfe - I Am Charlotte Simmons

Just why

re-reading The Good Earth to see if it still holds up after all these years since high school pls no bully

it's sometimes mentioned as the best novel of XX century. Especially by the French... I hope Camus' style isn't too difficult to follow for non-native speakers and I will be able to read it in the original.

Uhuru by Robert Ruark

Henry v
Cultural logic of late crapitalism

American lit isn't worth reading. Stick to British lit unless you're a plebian.

I'm reading Lolita for the third time

I am reading Sophie`s World.Kind of a good book.

>Wind-Up Bird Chronicle
>War & Peace
>Stoner

The Wise Man's Fear

First one was pretty good, lived up to my expectations. But this one, holy crap what a blunder. How can one book contain this amount of garbage?

selected tweets by mira gonzalez

The quincunx of time

woes owns

>Tender is the Night

I want to read The Little Prince but I'm never ready for it.

i hate that book

War and Peace.

So far its kind of meh, desu.

Since its incredibly long i'm expecting it to get better, like most long books do.

At my current pace I should finish in just under two weeks.

IJ, forcing myself to read 100 page a day or otherwise ill finish it by next year. it's a good book but i don't know why it's such a meme other than the fact that big dave killed himself lmao

So far most of American literature I've read was awesome so I guess you can feel free to stick your opinion up your arse. You haven't even presented any examples or arguments, you oik.

Revolutionary Road. So good.

care to elaborate?

Finish it and let it settle for a couple of days in your head, then it will hit you how good it is.

its shti

Crime and punishment

you convincing

t. 20 yo retard

Beyond good and evil.

Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor Frankl

niiice women and men. Just finished that a couple weeks ago, one of, if not, the best reading experiences I have ever had. What are you up to, and what do you think?

>Petersburg (Bely)
>Difference and Repetition (Deuleuze)