Asking why you can't travel faster than the speed of light is like asking why no human can run faster than usain bolt

asking why you can't travel faster than the speed of light is like asking why no human can run faster than usain bolt

Do you mean that if something turned out to be faster than the speed of light it would overtake it as a new point of reference and eg Planck time would have to be updated with it?
That's really deep mang, let me take another bong hit and get back to you.

so we just have to use PEDs to break the speed of light?

So you be saying that the only way to outrun light is to be dark?

What if we find a way to decrease the speed of light?

Yep. The sun's roid rage is why we get sunburns

No it isn't, because some day a human WILL run faster than Bolt.

Easy, just make it propagate thru a medium such as water.

So you're saying that shooting a beam of light thru a body of water will forever change the constant c?

that's a boy right?

>

Is there a medium through which light propagates at zero speed?

now we can go on to the next topic

nah Speed of light in a medium is [eqn]c=\frac{1}{\sqrt{\epsilon_0\mu_0}*\sqrt{\epsilon_r\mu_r}}[/eqn]
Since [eqn]\epsilon_0[/eqn] and [eqn]\mu_0[/eqn] are constants you need [eqn]\epsilon_r[/eqn] and [eqn]\mu_r[/eqn] to be infinite so that [eqn]\frac{1}{\sqrt{\epsilon_r\mu_r}}[/eqn] is 0

black hole my nigga

why would a black hole have infinite [math]\epsilon_r[/math] and [math]\mu_r[/math]?
Or are you just memeing?

So what you're saying is, hypothetically, if I practice really hard, I can run faster than light? Gee wuiz, Shanon, thanks for motivating me to chase after my life goals!

escape velocity of the event horizon of a black hole is greater than speed of light

And? that only means that Gravity there is strong enough to prevent light from leaving, not that light does not move there
And especially not that [math]\epsilon_r\mu_r=0[/math] there

dont get me wrong here but photon dont have mass, and the reason light fall into black hole is because of distortion of space and time.

And in what way does this contradict what I said?