Is there, date I say it, a better publisher?

Is there, date I say it, a better publisher?

Everyman by Knopf or the NYRB desu senpai

also Loeb and Oxford University

holy pleb alert

you haven't read a single dalkey book

lol

Dalkey marketing interns pls go

>he doesn't even know what dalkey publishes

i think dalkey and nyrb are fairly equal in terms of the relative quality and obscurity of the books they publish.

>this is what middlebrow plebs believe

that being said, the cover material for dalkey paperbacks is fucking GOAT. so smooth yet so grippy.

Dalkey needs to be more discerning with their choices

t. haven't read a single Dalkley book

ok, smart guy, how am i wrong?

N O R T O N

O

R

T

O

N

Dalkey is more obscure as they're more experimentaly geared.

lmao

I prefer New Directions, personally. But it's really only because they have B. S. Johnson and Ezra Pound.

I'd say Wakefield Press. They're relatively new, but their output each year is steadily increasing.

Who is the KyoAni of publishing?

New Directions is my favorite as well.

Penguin.

Modern Library is the GOAT publisher

So from what I can tell, what company publishes in flasy yet high quality, yet is exclusive and usually only publishes novels it approves? Usually all pertaining to the same genre and time periods but not necessarily the same subject matter

nyrb

Hell goddamn no they just let shit go out of print all the time. Still waiting for The Recognitions.

Twisted Spoon but not Wakefield or Atlas?

You had your chance. I imagine it's hard to determine a good amount of these obscure books to print.

The recognitions isn't even obscure

Before I knew Dalkey and got a copy (William Gaddis) I thought NYRB were the most patrician.
That said, now I think Dalkey is the right way to go for + hipster points in lit (absolutely fantastic and dope tho). Can't wait to get Women and Men in the upcoming Dalkey edition, fuck paying way over the top for an used and abused version.

They have a terrific collection of books they refuse to print

>I prefer New Directions, personally.

This.

thiiiiiiiis

this desu

but Dalkey is a very strong runner-up

>obscurity of the books
Wrong. But I still think they're equally good. There are some books published by Dalkey that they never should have dug out of the trash.

John Hawkes too

>They have a terrific collection of books they refuse to print
this
Get 'em while they're hot, folks!

Dalkey is great, but they should be more discerning. Try reading their Georgian lit series.

Yes. Bad fonts, bad margins, paperbacks. And even then they struggle to keep Gaddis in print. Dalkey a shit.

I wish Dalkey got Céline

P U S H K I N P R E S S

Oxford World Classics
Great catalogue

Farrar, Straus & Giroux dog

Do you mean Dzanc?

Grover press, ND, and Dalkey...Knopf for first editions

Ah damn, right, Dzanc is printing the 3rd ed of W&M.

Pushkin have some of the tiniest fucking books. I'd lose that shit between sofa mattresses

I'm gonna agree with this. NYRB seems to vet their selection a little more closely, while Dalkey will publish anything experimental.

>every man's library
>publishes book by a women

I bet the jews did this.

>Bolaño
>Hawkes
>Pound
>Sebald

master race

>someone took the time to do this

I doubt you actually read.

In terms of purely physical characteristics, Everyman's is the best bar none. In terms of critical commentary, Norton is the best. The question of what publisher chooses the best selection of books is more complicated and necessarily is subject to personal taste. Dalkey is certainly a contender thanks mainly to Ajvaz for me, but New Directions has Krasznahorkai, and there are other interesting publishers when it comes to pure selection.

What I guess I'm trying to say is, ask a better question OP.