Frozen Eggs

Ok so here's the situation.
>Got a bunch of eggs
>decided to cram them all into a mini fridge.
>Think to myself "There are a lot of food in here, maybe I should crank of the thermostat"
>Get eggs for breakfast the next day
>All the eggs froze and the shells cracked
What do?

Go to McDonalds since you're incapable of doing anything for yourself.

What did you spend on those eggs? $1.20? Throw them away and buy some more, you cheap fuck.

Let them unfreeze, they'll be fine. You can freeze eggs. I'd probably use them for scrambled though, it'll probably affect the texture.
For future reference, fridges are actually MORE efficient the more food you have in them.

Stick em up your ass and jerk off, feels really good. Then after they defrost shit them in a preheated pan BOOM! Instant ommlet with tones of all natural fiber

That sounds unsanitary

Toss them in a fryer and make fried eggs.

Do you know how a fucking thermostat works you dumb shit?

They'll be fine. In fact, if you can, you should deep fry them, because they're actually better when you put them in the fryer straight from frozen. Just make sure the oil is really hot before you start.

that sounds hot

use your finger to make sure it 180 degrees celsius

are you ok OP?

>"There are a lot of food in here, maybe I should crank of the thermostat"

Are you from Wigan, user?

>putting eggs in the fridge

congratulations you don't know how a thermostat works

What is the best way to store eggs?

The best way to keep eggs is to store them in their original carton in the refrigerator as soon as possible after purchase. Cartons reduce water loss and protect flavours from other foods being absorbed into the eggs. Storing eggs loose, or in specially designed sections of the refrigerator is not recommended as this also exposes eggs to a greater risk of damage.

How long do eggs last?

Fresh eggs can be kept refrigerated in their carton for up to 6 weeks, there is a use by date displayed on the carton as well. It is best to put eggs in the fridge as soon as you get them home.

>Fresh eggs can be kept refrigerated in their carton for up to 6 weeks
Try six months. Eggs are also do not need refrigeration. The stamp on eggs show a use by date for room temperature storage. Fun fact: eggs last significantly longer if not washed.

Control question: how would we have chickens if eggs really spoiled as easily as some people think?

this

Warmth from the roosting hen inhibits growth of bacteria and other undesirables in the egg. Chickens take ~21 days to hatch, well within the stated expiration date.

Unwashed eggs last quite awhile on the counter, but washed eggs have a diminished shelf life .

>lower the temp in your fridge
>surprised when the temp lowers and your food freezes
???

>Warmth from the roosting hen inhibits growth of bacteria and other undesirables in the egg

That's not how bacteria work. Actually, the growth rate is much higher around body temperature, that's why you freeze things.
The unwashed egg has a protective outer layer which prevents bacteria from penetrating the shell.

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!! science has been served!

Shut the fuck up

It's actually really cold

You sound smart...kinda like that black science guy...

I don't want them to hatch.

Deep fry them and create the next food fad.

Have fun trying to sit the next few days.

I waited so long for that guy to become such a laughing stock that his name could be used as an insult.
I am happy with this development.

You mean Neil "da Asse" Tyson Smiff?

lmao

The problem is that American eggs have the protective coating washed off.

this, make sure the oil is nice and hot first though

Is that why they are white? In first world countries, eggs are yellow/light brown.

Do Americans really wash that colour off their eggs?

no, thats impossible without bleaching the shells

different chicken breeds lay different color eggs. most popular commercial breeds are white leghorns for white eggs and barred rocks for brown eggs. ameraucanas lay light blue-green eggs too.

>t. spoiled by backyard chickens as a lad, cant enjoy shit-teir commercial eggs now
>summertime kitchen counter always littered with fucking eggs, didnt have enough fridge space for them

unwashed eggs can be kept out at room temp for a few weeks. most commercial eggs are washed before shipping and can take a couple weeks before even reaching the shelf so theyre never as fresh as homegrown can be

>taking my post seriously
>implying I wasn't just being an idiot about the different egg shell colours

Fucking this. Only way to get perfect deep fried eggs.

dont do this i tried this and the ice exploded the oil and i burned half my face and now i haunt an operahouse

What flavor of totinos pizza rolls do you like?

>durr i was just pretending to be retarded

i only eat off brand titonos pizza rolls

No. Shell color is in the shell itself and is due to genetics.

The yolk color (pale yellow vs orange) is due to feed, free range chickens have darker yolks.