Who are Veeky Forums favorite Latin American authors?

Who are Veeky Forums favorite Latin American authors?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/reviews/book-of-a-lifetime-pedro-p225ramo-by-juan-rulfo-1768135.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

italo calvino

cringe

Pizarnik, Bolaño, Arlt, Lispector

please leave

vladimir nabakov

Extremely high quality shitpost

Jorge Luis Borges
Paulo Coelho

>pizarnik

Sylvia Plath tier. Her diaries are okay sometimes, though. Lispector was pretty good, also beautiful.

I like Juan Carlos Onetti, Ernesto Sabato, Silvina Ocampo, Elena Garro, María Luisa Bombal, Vicente Huidobro, Juan José Arreola, Jorge Luis Borges and José Emilio Pacheco.

I never liked Cortázar.

And alive... Juan Pablo Villalobos, César Aíra and Alejandro Zambra are okay.

>Sylvia Plath tier.
So, great?

Listing the very best of latin american writers, one of the starters of postmodern literature, probably the symbol of reading and passion for books... Inventor of the most twisted and dark and pretty and inspiring stories ever told.

Hell, the very king of short prose.

With some random brazilian monkey that thinks the treasure of life is in our own hearts?

Fuck you. I hope you get sodomized with a book and die.

fuck you I love Borges

Cortazar is edgy and shitty.

Borges is the only real argentine writer. Sabato and Bioy Casares as far long seconds. Puig maybe, it's a bit shit though.

lol gottem

Fuck you, me too.

Fuck coelho, you cunt. Go read some magazine if you like that self help shit.

How can Borges be so based?

No Rulfo?

You fucks haven't start to read.

There's a Mexican essayist who's pretty good, Gabriel Zaid. Also Sergio Pitol.

quality shitpost

He gave no fucks.

Under the most demagogue presidency of argentina ever, with dictator peron? "Fuck him, monkey shit", and get thrown from the national library to a shitty job counting birds.

Did he cared? Fuck no. Still reading stuff, still writting masterpieces.

Borges is lit as fuck.

He's god tier, too bad we only have two books and his letters to Clara. Read Pedro Páramo for the first time at school when I was like 15, still one of my favorite books.

>Gabriel Zaid

Was only talking about argentines, but yes, Zaid is kwai.

Rulfo and Octavio Paz made mexico readable though.

>Pedro Paramo
>El Llano en Llamas
>El gallo de oro
and there is a lot of other works of him

True, forgot about El gallo. But not "a lot of other works", just two potumous short stories.

>Pedro Paramo

You only need that one though. Probably the best single piece of text from the Spanish language since Don Quixote.

"Borges considered Pedro Páramo to be one of the greatest texts in any language" independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/reviews/book-of-a-lifetime-pedro-p225ramo-by-juan-rulfo-1768135.html

I have a problem with Paz. He was good, but there's so much useless and uninteresting stuff he wrote that sometimes is difficult to find something worth reading. His poetry is amazing, though. And his ex wife, Elena Garro, wrote a really good novel and ebin plays, just saying.

No one likes Bolaño? Too memey?

I read 2666. Meme tier. I hate the publishing house which edits his work so that's another reason I haven't read more. Now a new editorial is gonna publish him and oh, surprise, if the other fuggin editorial I hate.

Detectives is better.

I thought it was comfy and the edgy parts were well executed

machado de assis, guimarães rosa

Vargas Llosa