What is on the forefront of reversing the aging process?

What is on the forefront of reversing the aging process?

I'm personally think "reversing aging" means science having the ability to keep a human body in peak condition akin to your 20s for as long as possible, but feel free to educate me on a technical meaning if there is one.

What I've basically got from some articles and videos that suggest clues to slowing aging:

-telomeres and finding that the shorter they are in cells, the closer the cell is to biological death

-caloric restriction is speculated to slow aging, 30% caloric deficits and Intermittent Fasting looked at

-hormones and their speculated effects on aging, HGH, DHEA, Test, etc

This subject is fascinating to me because I love the idea of a human body being in its physical prime for as long as possible without all the deteriorating events that come after your thirties.

Self bump

if you want to have a shot at immortality make good life choices. dont smoke, dont drink. have balanced diet, stay lean. exercise to maintain muscle mass, mobility and cardiovascular fitness. keep your brain working.
other things you can do - become molecular biologist to work on therapies killing senescent cells or fixing other damage caused by aging or donate to people doing it

I would love to support the work of someone feverishly working for a solution. Perhaps Aubrey De Grey?

>What is on the forefront of reversing the aging process?
Aging is a function of time. If time exists, no one can escape ageing, growing older (experiencing more) day by day.
If we feed these bodies nutritious food they will heal better, faster than before. Young or old, it does not matter. Everyone's body is sick from malnutrition and improper diet and a wide variety of chemicals that could have been easily avoided. In both cases of young and old the body will heal. The young bodies will continue to grow to maturity and stay that way. The old will heal back to maturity and stay that way. Oh, it has to work to share and spread to the masses, else it not be sustainable anyway. And, especially, it has to cure their emotional diseases. Their consciousnesses are severely twisted by ignorance.

I've pondered this question for years. Usually ending in philosophy than hard science. But I have an idea:

So we age due to DNA degradation.

What prevents us from injecting ourselves with synthesized DNA of our younger self? Perhaps through a viral vector?

I'd like some insight on this, I'm an engineer not a molecular biologist.

I bump this dude, this is a perspective I've never thought of before.

Medfags please respond. This is a pretty neat idea and we already have gene augmentation.

Once a gene is introduced, the cell will express it's protein production. Which, if constantly revitalized with undamaged DNA, should never deteriorate.

Thanks user, I wont be able to sleep tonight.

Another bump to satisfy curiosity.

We can mechanically replace most of the functions of the body. We just need a way to clean blood and pump it to the brain with food in tow.

With stemcells we could possibly replace brain cells.

While we are nowhere near this at the moment, that would be the place to start. Replacing parts of the body, and eventually brain. We should become something more than human if we really want to last.

good one but you can't really replace every dna in your body with the "younger dna self" unless you use nanobots

>tfw no insect gf to fug

2 major things that could be potentially be used to extend the human life span.

Firstly, introduce mutations that would cause telomerase, which is a ribonucleoprotein that protects the telomeres of germ and embryonic cells from degradation, to be expressed in all cells of the adult body.

Secondly, find a way for the high fidelity DNA polymerases that are responsible for DNA replication in the cells mentioned above to be the primary mechanism of replication in all cells of the adult body. Normally adult cells use low fidelity polymerases, which are faster but cause mutations at a much higher rate than high fidelity polymerases. This is the driving force of mutations accumulating over our lives, leading to ageing and cancer etc.

There are a few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Meme magic aside the simplest way will be brain life support. Dig it out, put it in a jar, and connect all the needed peripherals. This is far simpler than nano and god tier genetic engineering.

>reversing the aging process
done

>the forefront

Ask yourself what the purpose is.

The brain is not immune to ageing. The telomeres will still degrade, mutations will accumulate and the cells will die.

Although, the brain does have a much lower cell turnover than most other tissues/organs. Therefore, it takes longer for the cells to die and so I guess that would increase your lifespan.

Can I store my fingernail, cut off when I was 17, to have a sample of my younger self?

I want an answer to this as well.

Self bump to fulfill curiosity.

Even if it were to exist, what are the ethics issues that will as well. What if older men/women could become younger men/women, would this be considered illegal? Probably, so society would likely have to put laws into place restricting how young you could look. Even then imagine the people that would lie to try to get with other people.

>"I'm 27 how about you woman?" (guy is actually 336 years old)
>"I'm 24, but it's rude of you to ask." (woman is 784)

This shit would just be scary. I ask myself would I want to live so long? Will I be ready to die in my 80s? Will I wish I could live longer to discover more in the world? Would my generation and generations after me go to war over ideologies ?