How did she do it Veeky Forums?

How did she do it Veeky Forums?

How did JK Rowling, by the age of 30, have not only written the first Harry Potter book, but planned out the several other books in what would go on to become the best-selling, most popular and highest achieving book series of all time?

I literally can't comprehend at times how amazing the series is. The fact that she created a magical world which exists parallel to but independently of our muggle world, with its own newspaper, government ministries, education system and global sporting league is so amazing. It allows every child to imagine that he or she really doesn't belong living as part of some Dursley-esque family in some obscure town expected to do no more than work some dreary job and surround themselves by mediocre individuals.

While other children's books tended to focus on one semester in some magical school, or one adventure in some imagined world (that the characters were quite frankly glad to return from) and populated their books by cartoonish villains and characters, J K Rowling succeeded in being both humorous and serious in equal measure and in telling a story that every human being on earth can relate to and enjoy.

Is anybody likely to surpass J K Rowling? I don't think so.

Sure there are adults books on addiction, poverty, crime, urban isolation and international terrorism, but do any of them really come close to achieving what Rowling did? Hundreds of distinct characters populate her works. The books cover so many themes and issues that anybody reading them is likely to come across some plot or sub-plot which reflects their own struggles in life. There is love, hatred, envy and despair, as well as every other emotion a human being can experience, all illustrated and explored in a way that both children and adults may understand.

Oh do give it a rest. Trolling isn't worth that much effort for what little response you get.

I'm looking for sincere answers and discussion.

Try pottermore then. Off you trot now.

*draws wand*

LOCOMOTOR MORTIS!?!?!

You think Rowling ever had to resort to prostitution?

Are there any wizard prostitutes? You would think not since they can manifest food out of thin fucking air.

Are wizards raping muggles and then clearing their memory respsonible for the otherwise spontaneous phenomenon of muggle-born witches and wizards?

>You would think not since they can manifest food out of thin fucking air.

No they simply cannot. Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfiguration prevents any such thing from happening.

i can't believe you're not trolling

Never has a book effected me in the same way Harry Potter did. Not only did I resemble Harry Potter as a boy but I also shared several biographical facts with him, namely growing up in a broken home with guardians who paid little attention to how I was doing. My god. I read each book as soon as my mother arrived home from Walmart with the latest one. I'd just sit down on the stairwell a few feet away from the front door and I wouldn't move for at least eight hours other than to defecate (sitting there for several hours reading). She would have to walk around me all day since I wouldn't budge an inch and I'd be so immersed in the books that I wouldn't pay attention to anything else. Several times throughout my childhood people pointed out how much I resembled Harry. I had the same hair and glasses! My best friends in highschool for a year or so were a nerdy autistic girl and a redheaded troublemaker. Never again will I attain the comfiness and contentment I experienced while reading Harry Potter as a boy. Even now specific scenes return to me in way that makes me so glad that J K Rowling invested as much time and effort as she did. Even small scenes unimportant in the wider context of the novels as a whole mean so much to me, such as Harry sneaking back from speaking to Moaning Myrtle while he's in the bath and him hiding behind a corner of the hallway as Filch and Mrs. Norris lurk around suspecting a student is breaking the rules. Or just Harry briefly passing through the Gryffindor common room and there being mention of the roaring fire and Hermione studying at a far table. Or Harry being welcomed once more to Ron's home and opening presents in Ron's attic bedroom. So many memories and such a great series.

>Never has a book effected me
>effected
Harry Potter readers everyone.

I'm 36 years old, what are you trying to say?

>How did she do it
She sucked like a billion dicks.

That you don't know how to spell. It's "affected".

We don't spell it the muggle way in the magical world

Good job OP

Harry Potter readers everyone.

>how did she do it
>she created a magical world which exists parallel to but independently of our muggle world, with its own newspaper, government ministries, education system and global sporting league is so amazing.

Yeah pretty much just like that

Voldemort's mother raped his muggle father

Painfully unfunny, and with such effort too. The only solution can be genuine autism

Here's an easy one:
>sci-fi pocket dimension outside of Harry Potter muggleverse
>it turns out that all muggle born wizards are high tech cyborgs and all magic is pretty much nanomachines son
>what wizards see as magic, these other people see as hidden sci-fi technology
>all half bloods have access to magic and nanomachines
>Harry is a special little boy again

bump

Nice pasta

how about animals then. hermione summons birds in the second last one. just eat those

>Is anybody likely to surpass J K Rowling? I don't think so.
It surprises me how people like you can even read.

I wonder what would happen if this was copypasta'd to r/books....