To Kill a Mockingbird and Huckleberry Finn have been suspended from Virginia schools. What are your opinions on this

To Kill a Mockingbird and Huckleberry Finn have been suspended from Virginia schools. What are your opinions on this.

Source: abc11.com/education/to-kill-a-mockingbird-huck-finn-suspended-in-va-schools/1636300/

>libcuck propaganda banned
good news

apparently the best way to deal with the social/racial issues in this country is to simply pretend that they didn't happen and just sweep them under the rug. these people are absolutely ignorant.

Retarded. Not that teaching something else for a change would be a bad thing, but still reatrded.

the real question is, are these book alt-right or not
TOP KEK

Agreed. This isn't a solution to any problem just an attempt to bury their heads in the sand.

>apparently the best way to deal with the social/racial issues in this country is to simply pretend that they didn't happen and just sweep them under the rug.

As opposed to what? Attempting to confront social issues just gets you labeled a terrorist by the right. Public schools attempting to host a dialog on racism would result in more backlash than it's worth. We can't even have comprehensive sex ed because a very vocal minorities of parents don't want their children exposed to the evil liberal untruths of abortion or homosexuality.

what country do you live in

>what country do you live in

The U.S., specifically within vicinity to Virginia.

What country do YOU live in?

i guess we just have to face that everyone will never be happy. all i'm saying is that it bothers me deeply to see censorship such as this in my lifetime.

doubt it, your earlier post contradicts that. can you post some proof?

Well, we're one step closer to going back to classical education, so I can't be mad.

We may not have a solution but banning works such as Huckleberry Finn and To Kill a Mockingbird, which condemns racism, is pointless.

Exactly, because racism was and still is an issue in this country, and people (including children) should learn about it.

No one is going to provide you proof buddy, you're on a fucking anonymous message board. If you don't believe this guy, literally no one cares

Is like some user here said, America traded excellency for equality

That is an idiotic thing to say.

>2012
>Schools censor "Nigger Jim" to "Jim"
>2016
>Schools ban Huckleberry Finn altogether

Well, Jim is a pretty bad word to say...

Pretty funny because they're both strong anti-racist books.

they are racist so they obviously wouldn't want anyone to read anti racist literature

Just ban literature classes altogether. They don't have a specific purpose other than pop culture from x years ago. This is why we read The Jungle in history class and not literature class, but alas, rethuglicans who barely know how to read in general will push to keep them.

heh good one

except, you know gaining understanding of cultures and time periods that we otherwise know nothing about in a personal way that a history class can't achieve.

But he got dubs, though.

If a history class can't achieve that, blame the teacher or curriculum. Or blame yourself for being too dumb to understand it.

>gaining understanding of cultures and time periods that we otherwise know nothing about
Except you only want to learn about decadent Europeans and Greeks, not about Nigland.

>Huckleberry was banned
The only liberal message in the book is "free all slaves".

I hope it gets replaced with mein Kampf

blame that curriculum then for not spreading the texts across cultures.

I hope you get replaced with a functioning member of society.

By the view of your comment I think the only thing that needs replacement here is you being turned into soup.

Huck Finn taught me that niggers are people too. How has our nation forgotten this timeless lesson?

>cannibalism
I knew the nazis was degenerate but this is something else

I hope they replace To Kill a Mockingbird with this.

Even though To Kill a Mockingbird was an awful trite piece of scrap, I don't think anything should be suspended from school.

Suspended from ONE COUNTY'S school's in Virginia.

One of Virginia's lowest populated counties too.

On the often forgotten Eastern Shore of Virginia.

(Hint: the population is mostly black.)

It wasn't. To Kill a Mockingbird is a good tale of sticking to justice even if niggers are insufferable.
I was surprised when people were baffled two years ago when the script of a prequel clearly showed the author intended the lawyer not to like negroes. That's what I got from the book, but I'm not American, so I read it on my own instead of relying on "education".