Gonna cook up some vegan Mexican-esque kale and rice soup

Gonna cook up some vegan Mexican-esque kale and rice soup.

Other urls found in this thread:

thisdishisvegetarian.com/2010/04/0300want-yet-another-reason-to-quit.html?m=1
thatwasvegan.com/2012/11/15/lasagna-soup/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll pray for you

What is it like to have emasculated yourself to such a degree, user?

thanks, user. im dating a vegan so i'm trying to learn how to cook shit he can eat.

Could maybe use some bacon

i'm a femanon so it's nbd

cuckette

Some suggestions:

1. Make your own sofrito: red onions, garlic & fresh chilies-- polano, jalapeno or habanero if you like spicy.
2. Add more cumin than you think you need.
3. Season aggressively. Lots of veg needs a fair bit of salt.

>vegan
>he
Almost got me

Thanks! I've gathered that I should add more cumin and seasoning in general, will be sure to add plenty.

chopped some shit and poured a drink

lol

Then you should probably be ashamed for willingly associating yourself with somebody who has pissed his manhood into the wind, rather than kicking him in the crotch and tossing him into a gutter.

At least you can drink to numb yourself of the anguish that having to prepare such garbage must surely inflict.

the d is bomb tho

Oh god, you're a bad person and should feel bad.

sautéing the onion and garlic while my friend keeps watch

ok?

Your friend is cute but I still find what you are doing contemptible

Show me your boobs slut

Added the rice and spice packet, 3 cups of water with the veggie bullion added, 1/3 jar of the salsa (all I had left), a fuckton of cumin, coriander, and ancho chipotle powder.

>Making spicy vegetable soup is contemptible
This is why this board is dying. If you try and cook something instead of post for me memes or fast food ranking threads fat fucks get mad and call you a cuck.

show us yer feet

Sorry I have a policy of not taking veganposters seriously

fucking THANK YOU. heaven forbid i start a cooking post on a board about food and cooking. i'm trying a new goddamn thing and this shit's fun for me.

if it turns out garbage i'll toss it out and try something new. whatever shitty recipe i make up i hope will be more fun than another "for me..." thread.

feet pls

Also added in some tomatoes. Gonna let the rice cook for a bit before I add the ~fake meat crumbles~ and the kale.

fuck off

Show feet faggot

time to abandon my bird for a smoke break.

Update: added the chopped kale and the fake chipotle meat crumbles, let it cook for 5 min. It's really tasty, I can't actually taste the difference between the fake meat and ground beef.

Gonna add a big spoonful of sour cream and eat it with a tortilla.

>vegan
>smokes

Enjoy your pig byproducts.

thisdishisvegetarian.com/2010/04/0300want-yet-another-reason-to-quit.html?m=1

i'm not fucking vegan, dipshit. my bf is. i'm just trying to learn how to cook shit that he can eat that also tastes good to me.

my bird is better

Pussy isn't vegan either...

pic or i don't believe you even have a bird

i have TWO you sad vegan loving garbage

oh SHIT those are some good fucking birds. i fully accept that i am vegan loving garbage because i love a vegan.

but. more importantly. what do you feed your birds? do you cook for them? they're a lovely pair.

i feed them broccoli, carrots, scrambled eggs and i make them bird biscuits with seed mix along with normal cockatiel seed diet. i mix a little bit of pic related in with each meal (this stuff is basically magic powder for birds)

I've heard good stuff about pic related but haven't tried it with my girl. She's currently eating some kale. She's on a pellet diet (Zooreem), with lots of other stuff — green bell peppers, cooked sweet potatoes, and peas are her favorite, but she loves the bird biscuits I make as well.

Pellet diet is the way to go, mine have been on seed since they were a baby and its really really hard to ween them off of it.

It took me a solid 2 years to ween mine off of seed to pellet. Zupreem's fruit blend is the only one she'll eat.

hello other vegan, you showed up just in time, I think I'll see if I can make a variant of that.

i like roudybush pellets but zupreme is nice too, i just wish it was worth it for me to buy any pellets period lol.

it turned out delicious! hope your variant turns out well.

cockatiels are so damn picky. mine *loves* green bell peppers but will hiss and scream at any other colored pepper

>im dating a vegan so i'm trying to learn how to cook shit he can eat

iktfs

Prepackaged vegan cheese, cream and yogurt is fucking horseshit expensive, so I'm looking into homemade nondairy alternatives.

As a female vegan, the only men who seem emasculate and weak are the ones like you who actually attach diet and caring about something other than yourself with a gender identity.

The amount of cringe almost makes me want to vomit up all the delicious vegan food I just ate.

And I concur, vegan dick is bomb. I don't even see non-vegans as men.

Vegan sour cream, right?

Have to ask because there have been people who tried to order/make food for me and didn't realize there's a difference between vegan and vegetarian.

just let that retard starve if he wants to limit his diet

make him cook his own food you faggot

I added regular sour cream, but I picked up some vegan sour cream to give to him along with the soup I cooked.

Nutritional yeast is tasty but doesn't taste like cheese. Hard to describe, but delicious when tossed with roasted veggies

Hey, I remember you from other threads about veganism. Can you help me find some vegan recipe sources that aren't cluttered to hell with detox/raw/macrobiotics/patchouli-hippy fuckery? What do vegans who don't care about colon cancer eat?

But if he starves to death I won't get to watch season two of A Series Of Unfortunate Events with him.

OP here, can you recommend a vegan recipe or two? I consider myself a pretty good cook, so I'm familiar with cooking styles and palates and vegetarian/vegan ingredients (for instance, I'm gonna try making homemade seitan next week.)

Your bird is cool

thanks! she's pretty great. here she is a few days ago, eating some cooked brown rice.

I worked a little bit with nutritional yeast, and I can see where it fits into making things taste like cheese. But I need to work a lot more with it to get it closer.

>feeding a bird scrambled eggs

lmao

It provides good, needed protein and amino acids. You can crush up eggshells in the mixture to provide additional calcium. It's a thing, especially when they're molting.

Why should any of us care?

Off yourself nigger

Going out of your way for "vegan recipes" is retarded. Either simply take a dish that contains meat and omit the meat (obviously only works for dishes where meat isnt the centerpiece) or start cooking ethnic foods that don't contain meat. You can keep yourself busy for years with Indian food, for example.

Honestly, this isn't that complicated. Anyone with a bare minimum of cooking knowledge should be able to figure out how to make plenty of tasty dishes without having to add meat. And looking for "vegan recipes" is a good way to get a bunch of recipes for tasteless slop dreamed up by some white woman in her mid-thirties who has no idea what she's doing.

>all birds are chickens

A parrot eating chicken is equivalent to you eating cattle. Surprise! Some birds eat other birds.

it's not really if this example made sense to you try again

>Two different species of mammals
>Two different species of avians (technically reptiles)
Makes sense to me.

You're actually way closer to the cow than a psittacine is to a galliforme.

>le 'they don't eat dairy or meat in India' maymay

We need advice for replacers for people who do not have the learned disgust reaction to meat or dairy. I don't care how much of a boring Instagram likeslut a white girl is as long as her fake cheese doesn't make me want to punch someone.

Nigga that is adorable

This board is cancer.

they eat their own babies scrambled egg aint shit

Yeah I'm assuming that thread either got deleted because: a) I linked to my tumblr (even though I make no money from it, don't care about fame or anything like that, and purely share it/created it for the information I host on it that would take ages to copy and paste otherwise). b) I absolutely destroyed the meat eaters' best arguments and the mods are weak little neckbeards who couldn't take their beliefs being mocked.

Anyway, yeah I can. My diet is extremely varied, and I might have to make a post on my site exclusively talking about the best and worst vegan alternatives to flesh and secretions. But not tonight, sorry. So I'll just give you this pinterest for now: www.pinterest.com/vfortheanimals

There are boards for vegans who don't give two shits about health, and there's also one for if you do want to eat something healthy as well.

Just the first one off the top of my head that I remember being delicious is this one, but I omitted the chili flakes and soy curls because I don't like spiciness and didn't have any soy curls.
thatwasvegan.com/2012/11/15/lasagna-soup/
(A lot of their other recipes look delicious too so you could browse that site too if you want.)

I haven't tried any really fancy recipes, so can't recommend any of those. But another basic one for tofu is just getting extra or super firm tofu, coating it in a mix of soy sauce, rice vinegar, pepper, and garlic, and baking, microwaving, whatever. I personally just microwave it because it's easier cleanup and makes little difference, and that way I don't have to use oil.

I don't have a recipe that I can recommend, but if you're a good cook then I would try making tofu saag with some vegan naan and basmati rice. I still haven't gotten the recipe down yet, still experimenting. This Indian food place near me makes the most delicious tofu saag that my recipes don't quite compare to (yet).

>le 'they don't eat dairy or meat in India' maymay
Isn't Cheese basically a staple in every part of India?

They might not eat beef and large parts don't eat meat but they sure do love their dairy.

I thought rice made birds explode?

Paneer

GIRLS GET OUT REEEEEE Veeky Forums IS MENS ONLY

Not if it's cooked first.

Fag