There is nothing good about this life. It has been seen since Adam to Job and Jonah

There is nothing good about this life. It has been seen since Adam to Job and Jonah.

God is a nothing. All ideas, philosophy are a nothing save one's own sublimation.

I loathe my life, says Job, prior to his reckoning. And what for? To come back to where he had started. To arrive before death.

Everything past childhood is wading through shit.

What are some books for this feel? By saying this, I've been but all of you and lack any individual sense. Thanks, hyperreality.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/s/schopenhauer/arthur/pessimism/chapter3.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You don't need a book. You just need to grow up.

Everything you've written is practically cliché, at this point.

I remember when I was 17

the bible

This

fight club desu

If nothing else, take refuge in the fact that virtually everyone you know, including your parents and your teachers, have gone through this phase, and one day you'll look back at what you've written here and cringe on it.

this banana im eating is good actually

The Last Messiah might interest you.

I feel you are feel.

Read Schopenhauer's Studies in Pessimism.
Read Benatar's Better Never to have Been
Read Ligotti's Conspriracy Against the Human Race
Read Becker's The Denial of Death
Read Zapffe's The Last Messiah
Read Cioran's The Trouble with Being Born

>truth is cliche thereford disregard truth

numale scum

I read the first line and I understood where you were coming from.

I read the rest of your post and I realised you were 14.

Truth is never obtainable

you need to stop smoking weed, OP

2+2=5, amirite?

>There is nothing good about this life.
nascar, boiled peanuts, titties, tight jeans

>God is a nothing.
what the fuck dude

>sublimation
this don't mean nothin

>I loathe my life
man what a wuss

>Everything past childhood is wading through shit.
lol does little babby wanna still shit his diapers and shake his rattle omg

read the fuckin bible boy you sound like a god damn queer

2+2=4 is only true in the mind a human

Fuck off. Math is an objective truth.

I won't argue with you, but you did just admit that it's true, which is supposedly unobtainable... but we just obtained it in two posts.

you're hopelessly pretentious. get laid and read some dostoyevsky and becker. jesus christ

Not Op
I love dosto but what Becker are you talking about. Google does not tell me much

I guessing he mispelled Samuel Beckett

Only after accepting axioms which cannot be proven.

read song of myself by whitman, it's very affirmative

A child said What is the grass? fetching it to me with full hands;
How could I answer the child? I do not know what it is any
more than he.

I guess it must be the flag of my disposition, out of hopeful green
stuff woven.

Or I guess it is the handkerchief of the Lord,
A scented gift and remembrancer designedly dropt,
Bearing the owner's name someway in the corners, that we may
see and remark, and say Whose?

Or I guess the grass is itself a child, the produced babe of the
vegetation.

Or I guess it is a uniform hieroglyphic,
And it means, Sprouting alike in broad zones and narrow zones,
Growing among black folks as among white,
Kanuck, Tuckahoe, Congressman, Cuff, I give them the same, I
receive them the same.

And now it seems to me the beautiful uncut hair of graves.

get so drunk you can't walk and jump of a bridge. here you go, a solution that will solve your life crisis.

hahah edgy teen am I right?

what do you mean by this? There are many proofs based on the simple addition and subtraction of numbers, which you can prove simply by picking two items in one hand, one item in the other, putting all the items in one hand and seeing that 1+2=3

>Relying on reality for mathematical proofs

Here's your axiom

reliance on "unprovable axioms" has never been wrong, and it also lead to every piece of technology we have.sth got us to send people to the moon. That's true enough for me.

We were discussing philosophy, not common sense
nice shifting of goalposts though

Yes my dear teenage redditor, but that doesn't mean mathematics is an objective truth. It's very reliant on essentially faith in these axioms. It's not as if there's only one math, there are more systems depending on the axioms you pick. Getting someone to the moon doesn't prove it, it just justifies your faith in it, for you.
Exactly.

Give me an example of two different "maths" that are true but also in conflict with one another, my mature adult Veeky Forums friend.

>getting to the moon doesn't prove math is right, they just happened to make it there by random chance

OP's feels confirmed as truth

We all wading through shit now son

We Steve Jobs now son

Probably Ernest Becker.

Since we're all about cliches here, I'd say you need to get laid and not worry about books so much, young man. Find a nice girl, spend more time having sex outside and exploring the world.

Just because Newtons gravity can predict the motion of planets with some accuracy doesn't mean that it's how the universe works
I'm sorry but it seems you need to go back to school

axiom of choice vs. axiom of determinacy

That's exactly what it means.

Those aren't mathematical systems.

umm no, actually the general theory of relativity is more accurate
Newton's theory is entirely based in that we live in an Euclidean space, how naive

Do you get the point? Or are you retarded?

Are you daft on purpose? You create mathematical systems by choosing a set of axioms as a fundament and work onwards from there.

Some "facts" are not possible in a given mathematical system given the choice of axioms, an example being the Banach-Tarski paradox which is not provable without the axiom of choice. Still you can create a mathematical system without the axiom of choice, and it would not be less "true".

The fact that our understanding of physics has refined over thousands of years does not prove math is wrong senpai

It also doesn't prove math is right, which was your argument from the start. Sorry

Being based in an axiom doesn't mean it's wrong. It just means it's not some God given super objective skience teenage atheists jerk off to.
Just about every philosophy is based on such axioms, it's just important to recognize how the premises shape the conclusions.

Sprinkle it with some Beckett, Crawford, Brassier, Gray and Houellebecq.

Not OP, but I'm poor as fuck (barely above the point of hunger) and live in a place where someone is murdered or raped every other day. Don't tell me sex is something that matters that much.

>You just need to grow up.

Born - Childhood - Youth - Work, Buy a house, get married, have children - Grow old - Die.

There's more than this material world.

nagarjuna

He already has. Now he just needs to find ways/things.

Seriously, The Mysterious Stranger by Mark Twain

Not OP, but that looks like a good little book. Thanks for the rec. I guess the final manuscript is the one to read?

It was never finished but yes.
It's not that great.

Don't ever attempt to post something like that again.

Read On Suicide by Schopenhauer

ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/s/schopenhauer/arthur/pessimism/chapter3.html

Ending your life is a foolish act because you do nothing to the thing-in-itself, I'd recommend looking into Buddhism so you free yourself from the cycle of reincarnation. If you are sincere about destroying the demiurge join some Gnostic groups.

If you'd actually understood the book of Job you'd know how dumb it is to vindicate those emotions.

it being correct according to those axioms is true.

Then move. You have a computer and an internet connection, I'm sure you can figure something out. Besides, the meaning and importance of sex and relationships is contingent: don't judge it all by drunken teens or whatever.

Fine, it just pisses me off when those blokes living in first world countries and upper middle class conditions tell me or other miserable people to just 'cheer up' or 'go outside' or whatever, as if the material and objective conditions of my city or country are irrelevant and I can just live in my fantasy world like they do.

>Gnostic groups

Agreed on suicide, whatever is on the other side is no better than this. No groups nearby for gnostics... any recommended books or media? I dig Buddhism, but I haven't been able to get over boredom and restlessness.

Yes, but you (unlike me or most of the dickheads on this board) actually have material problems. OP does not, or he'd bitch about that instead of the "I'm pretending I don't believe in God while framing my complaint entirely in Christian terms that prove I literally have no fucking idea how else to see the world" stuff he offered. He's having baby's first existential faith crisis and thinks a little teen ennui makes him a philosopher, so I'm speaking to him at the level he deserves.

Wew lad. I'm trying not to masturbate today.

you are either very dumb or very young

>hurr durr cliches are wrong

2+2=4 is a cliche but that doesn't invalidate its truth value. OP is 100% correct, sorry senpai. Maturity is not a quality worth living up to anyway. Yeah, let's pretend we are accomplishing something by organizing ourselves into convoluted systems of codependence.

fuck off derridan relativist scum

>get laid

This isn't /soc/ /adv/ /r9k/ /b/ /pol/ /mu/ /tv/ etc...

Nobody needs to be posting trite dismissive faggotry like this here.

the only thing sex ever accomplishes is the prliferation of more need and disutility. Even for someone who isn't an antinatalist one can clearly see that much of the iniquity in the world is borne purely out of sexual impulse.

when did OP claim he was a philosopher? I think this is a textbook case of projection. Your cultist views were challenged and now your knees are going off like firecrackers

Reminder that if you don't believe in the divine and literal truth of the HOLY BIBLE you look like this.

I have always felt this way also OP. I am trying to convert to Catholicism because most saints really hated this world too. The book Preparation for Death: Considerations on Death, Judgment, Heaven and Hell by St. Alphonsus Liguori is pretty good. Christians and misanthropic pessimistic nihilists make sense to me. "Happy" atheists are in complete delusion or indifference. Even Knee-che eschewed this hell hole in his actual life.

I would also recommend works by St. Alphonsus Liguori. You may also enjoy On the Heights of Despair by E.M. Cioran if you'd prefer something more nihilistic yet still spiritual. it is lyrical and depressing but at the same time life-affirming in the sense that it reads as unfiltered and deeply relatable. you will get through this, O.P. you are stronger than you know. life is pain, but it is a blessing. i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers :)

....HAAAAHAHAHA

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Do you have a date for the Snow Ball yet, user?

god whitman is such a faggot

boyfriend/girlfriends, while nice, don't solve all problems.