Just a reminder that if you succeed 99% of the time, the chance that you succeed 100 times in a row is only pathetic 36%

Just a reminder that if you succeed 99% of the time, the chance that you succeed 100 times in a row is only pathetic 36%

>Hey I can refuel this nuclear reactor with 99% succession rate
>Hey I can get this spaceship with 80 people to Mars with 99% succession rate
>Hey I can drive this car safely with my entire family in it with 99% succession rate

>Statistics.
Take this garbage to

Go away.

Dumb frog poster

Most places I know use 6 Sigma, so the success rate should be closer to 99.99966%.

NASA might use stricter design that even that.

>Just a reminder that if you succeed 99% of the time, the chance that you succeed 100 times in a row is only pathetic 36%
What the fuck? Where did you pull that number from?
Yes, I'm a brainlet.

>if you succeed 99 per 100 of the time, you only succeed 36 per 100 of the time
This is what you are saying you dumb frog poster.

0.99^100 x 100

Oh, yes. It's a number so counterintuitive that I didn't bother to think of it like an ordinary probability problem.

The only way you can get a 99% success rate is if you've already done things with 99% success. You don't just start out at a 99% success rate. In regards do your driving meme, I have a 100% success rate in driving because I've never crashed so at this current rate I'll live forever.

Bow down before statistics.

Statistics is the branch of Mathematics that separates the brainlets from the braincans.

The brainet lets the intuitive aspects of mathematics rule over his understanding of the field, disregarding anything that isn't axiomatically close enough to his little island as "not real math."

Contrast this with the braincan, who is capable of investigating the un-intuitive concepts and will add to his foundation to bridge the gap between new and old knowledge.

The brainlet believes .999... != 1, while the braincan is not only able to prove that fact in several ways, but also uses it to discover the realm of infinitesimals, to better his understanding of continuous mathematics.

The brainlet clings to the product rule as his specialty; the braincan uses the quotient rule without prejudice. This capriciousness guarantees the brainlet will never be able to accept the many magical means of finding the mean of a distribution.

Brainlet writes either ++x or x++ haphazardly; going so far as to occasionally write x = x+y. Braincan has read enough to know to only use ++x and is capable of using x+=y. This is why braincan is able to utilize MATLAB, R, Mathematica, Maple, SPSS, and even Excel in his statistical pursuits.

The brainlet probably had trouble digesting why (P->Q) is true when P is false. This lack of understanding of the fundamentals of logic shows the brainlet is a literal retard -- hence why he cannot succeed in statistics.

Saved.

>36%
>not rounding correctly

>obviously talking about failure rate
>not using conservative rounding

>succession rate

thats why people use 99.999% for realy important stuff.

Brainlet

>Saving text as a picture
Well we know which one you are...

>braincan

>what is OCR

Perhaps you are the one with autism.
Helps if you actually read the post.

Me too.

Wow you're ironically autistic to the extreme

dude,... just... think before you post

Advanced statistics in practice can be summarized as LOL IDK MAYBE BUT EXCEPTIONS AND ASSUMPTIONS SO PROBABLY? NOT! LMAO :^)

ITT: niggers assume independence of failures

>.999... != 1
that's true though if you consider the infinitesimals or the surreal numbers

>ifunny watermark

FUCKING STOP

Success is a relative term. Regardless of what you want to believe Musk's plan is to show alien life exists.

t. Anonymous friend of Elon

>NASA missions having anywhere near a 99% success rate

binomial theorem

Of course
>.999...! = 1
is true. Since 0.999... = 1 and 1! = 1, it means that 0.999! = 1.