Can we discuss schezwan sauce without the memes...

Can we discuss schezwan sauce without the memes ? I've been making mine all week and loved the sauce long before that TV show April fool's episode.

I adapted Andrew reas recipe as so

>Heat gun chillies for 5 min in pan until popped or lightly charred
>add boiling water and let them stoup for an hour
>drain water and keep for later use as it has some nice oils
>Blend chillies
>lightly brown garlic in peanut oil

>Add pureed chillies and crushed ginger
>on low heat fry for a minute
>then add a cup of raw sugar
>a cap of white vinegar
>tablespoon of soy
>Schezwan peppers finely ground
>And finally half a cup of peanut oil and a splash of chilli water and stir on low heat until fully combined and let cool until flavor mellows

How well does it pair with a McChicken?

Ironically I haven't bothered I've just had it on everything from eggs Benedict bacon to fucking pumpkin soup but it tastes amazing especially with fish go figure.

It's not a meme either real schezwan peppers are cheap and tasty as fuck.

Gonna make Chipotle and other variations on it soon I'll post back when it arrives in the mail

Youve been making memes all week?

Nah only 2 days so far

Sichuan pepper does absolutely nothing for me. I've put almost a table spoon in a dish and all heat I can taste is from the chillies that were also in the dish. Something wrong with me?

>I've been making mine all week and loved the sauce long before that TV show April fool's episode.

Yeah. Sure thing pal

Sounds like you have old flavorless sichuan peppercorns.

Get some fresh ones.

Actually thought about that. How long do they last?

I'm not sure it's possible to give an exact answer on that. It's going to depend on the temperature at which they're stored, how airtight the container is, whether they are being stored whole or pre-ground, etc.

I taste spices by themselves before using them. If they're weak in flavor then you know to add more. If they're really weak then throw them out and get a new batch.

eh, a rough estimate would be fine. A month? A year? Two?

If whole, 6 months.
If ground 2 months

oh dear, getting 6 months old in Europe would be pure awesome luck I guess..

why does everyone misspell it
are white people just incapable of saying/spelling szechuan/sichuan

You don't have mail-order in Europe? Or just can't be bothered to use it?

Same reason why you didn't bother to capitalize or use punctuation.

People are lazy and don't give a shit.

every asian shop stores them, most chinese-opersted stores have pretty fresh and good ones.
also you need to lightly roast them and seperate the husks from the black cores before grinding or putting in your mortar

Got it from a local asian shop and I guess they order stuff like that twice per year at best. I could give mail order/Amazon a try, yeh.

>reddick and morty

fuck off and take this shit with you faggot

go back to your Mcchicken threads fagglette

U gotta add more then I added 2 tablespoons or more