You guys know anything about szechuan food? there's a szechuan place near me that I'm about to order some stuff from...

you guys know anything about szechuan food? there's a szechuan place near me that I'm about to order some stuff from, but it looks like they also have a bunch of normal white people chinese food.

help me pick some good items? I'll probably get dan dan noodles, but idk what else.

>chinachaletnj.com/menu.html

i like spicy. wanna feel that burn.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TKRNwYrtr3o
youtube.com/watch?v=V9FpUSigyX8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll help you out, OP. IDK about this place (haven't had a chance to peruse the menu yet, but at my local Szechuan (or Sichuan) place, they have 2 menus, one is traditional Sichuan dishes, the other is more Americanized. Brb......

Mapo tofu

Twice cooked pork

thanks m8

mapo tofu looks not very appetizing in pics I see, but I might give it a go. my googling seems to suggest that's a good option.

and from looking at the menu I don't seem to see twice cooked pork or anything similar, unless there is a different name.

>you guys know anything about szechuan food

From what I've seen of the "authentic" szechuan food on the youtube, it seems to be greasy as fuck, made from poverty tier parts of an animal in a dirty ass kitchen, and loaded with szechuan pepper.

Enjoy the cross-contamination, and good luck.

youtube.com/watch?v=TKRNwYrtr3o

Ok, for your first time, I'd get
>105 - pork dumplings in roasted red oil
>114 - dan dan noodles
>118 - chinese cabbage in spicy sour sauce
and
>C10 sichuan lamb or C7 Camphor smoked duck

Forgot to say, those are some basics, that are good jumping off points.

Sichuan lamb! If it's the right dish it's very, very crispy and very, very spicy.

>Trump voter

two votes for lamb. thanks bros.

yeah forreal

>mapo tofu looks not very appetizing

It looks absolutely horrible but is delicious and one of the must-try dishes of Sichuan cuisine.

You're an idiot

You're welcome, enjoy! Now I'm hungry for Sichuan food, too.....

You can LITERALLY just make it yourself. Chinese food is some of the easiest to make food in the world. One tier below baking. Just grab a bunch of dried peppers, oil, and a wok. Do NOT go to a Chinese restaurant if you are not Chinese because you will hate it.

>autism : the post

What the fuck is wrong with you?

If you haven't been eating Chinese food all your life you won't like eating at an actual Chinese restaurant. Also this particular restaurant is missing too many famous sichuan dishes to even qualify as a sichuan restaurant. A big giveaway is a distinct lack of hot pot options, which is a staple food of the region.

S Z E C H U A N S A U C E

nigga you dumb af

WOOGLABOOBLA BLAH BOHOLG

God damn do I hate Rick and Morty

I hope I'm not too late. When you get Szechuan try to see if they have anything called ma la chicken, la Zi Ji or Chongqing Chicken. Those will give you all the heat and Sichuan peppercorns you need. On this menu I see chengdu chicken which is similar but a dry version, you may like that.

t. Eats the hottest Szechuan possible 3 days a week

>sperging out over reality

This dude is getting offered chicken feet, livers, and pork lung, among other nasty garbage, and everything is coated in chilli oil.

youtube.com/watch?v=V9FpUSigyX8

Reality is painful, isn't it snowflakes.

have you hear of this unhread of geam called rickannd morto???

is good

ALSO what brand of szechuan peppercorns should I buy if I want to into good chinese cooking. ALSO ALSO how to roast ducks

And you eat dog on all the other days?

Whats wrong with eating any of those things?

Not ALL the other days

they arent tendies

Nothing, if you're poverty tier, and can't afford decent cuts of meat.