How did you engineers make it through trig? Anything you remember that helped you get through it...

How did you engineers make it through trig? Anything you remember that helped you get through it? Im probably just a brainlet but im curious as what resources other people used to help them with trig.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_analysis
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_algebra
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You mean the identities or just everyrhing?

Funny you mention that, i took a test today involving the memorization of the 8 "basic" identities, couldnt remember shit come testing time. Granted i could have definitely used some more study time. But im just looking to see if anyone has any tips or notes they distinctly remember that helped them in trig. Ways to remember that the identities would be very welcome too

>make it through trig

You must be 18 to post on this site.

Dude the only thing you should need is sin2+cos2=1. Everything else csn be derived from moving the equation around.

>engineers make it through trig
Are you honestly telling me that there are universities where you have to take trigonometry to get an engineering degree?

Here in Germany that is required knowledge for even getting into an university and engineers start with real anlysis and linear algebra.

And cos(x-y)

on another note
where is that picture from?
asking for a friend

practice, brainlet

>How did you engineers make it through trig?
Ummmm.....
Wow?
Am I missing something here?
I was an electrician, back in the 80's and 90's.
We had to learn trig in apprenticeship class.
Half the people there had never even taken high school algebra.
(Algebra was a prerequisite for the apprenticeship, but they would waive the requirement for anyone that wasn't a white male).
A friend and I taught the class trig because the instructor didn't remember enough of it from when he was an apprentice.

Unless there's something more to trig than meets the eye, maybe you shouldn't be in college?

>engineers start with real anlysis and linear algebra.

I am really sick of this meme. I wonder what were the historical events that leaded for europeans calling calculus "real analysis" and matrix algebra "linear algebra".

It's so fucking weird because when I hear the phrase real analysis it has many implications and if I imagine a curriculum in which freshman students, even pure math students, start with real analysis then I picture a society full of mathematical geniuses at every turn, where everyone can understand even the most complex mathematical statements in the field, but then you read more about european mathematicians and other than the usual top geniuses, the rest are as retarded as the usual american retards. So the only possibility hear is that you call calculus real anal to inflate your tiny european ego that was deflated back in WW2, cuck.

use reverse image search.

Click on the little triangle directly to the right of "[Reply]" in the OP.

Look at how tight that bracelet on her left arm is, that can't be healty. Actually it looks very painful.

If you're having such a problem I would suggest going to tutors for help.

That or actually reading the book or attending lectures that your teacher should be giving.

Trig is probably going to be the easiest thing you will take.

I used my non retarded brain, because I have an IQ of over 80.

Being able to quickly fire off the answer to something like sin(-pi/6) was annoying. I got around it by making different notches around the unit circle like a sundial and counting, using ASTC to determine sign.

Everything else can be translated to your muscle memory.

Her skin never changes color so it is fine. It only takes a few moments to change your skin color when something is too tight.

sauce is nonsummerjack

>I am really sick of this meme. I wonder what were the historical events that leaded for Europeans calling calculus "real analysis" and matrix algebra "linear algebra".

Ever since we created both.
In Europe the two terms are pretty much used interchangeably. We don't differentiate that harshly between the two, even though RA is the rigorous "continuation" of Calculus dealing with the more advanced topics.
So, don't worry, no one actually starts with pure RA, but see below.

Some universities simply call their math classes "Mathematics 1,2,3, etc." anyway.

Another reason is that some classes are hybrid classes. They do require you to know basic definitions and proofs and go into material classically belonging into RA.

My class was like that. You need to know at least the basic proofs to pass the exam.
Don't get me wrong, this directly caused that only 30% of the students who took the class were qualified to take the final exam at the end of the semester. Also, most people don't learn jack shit, they just learn how to pass the fucking exam. I hate them.

PS: Sorry, for the typos. It's late here and I'm tired.

Practice.

After 4 years or so using them (and on most engineerings you will have to use it for most of the problems) it will come as natural as saying 2+2=4.

>engineers start with real anlysis and linear algebra.

Here in Spain they are expected to have that and even more, but they often don't. It was my case...and I had to suffer the first two years to get on the level.

try to understand how it works instead of memorizing everything

>try to understand how it works instead of memorizing everything

That's the best thing and the only way if you want to get good at something and do more than just pass your tests.

What do you mean by "real analysis"?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_analysis do you mean this?

Because this is exactly what my first two semester covered (I am not an engineer) plus some more like completion of metric spaces and a bit about DEs.

And what do you means by "linear algebra"?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_algebra

Sounds very much like what I did in my first two semesters of linear algebra.

I really dont understand what you are meaning here.
Are these Wikipedia articles the wrong topics?

And what are you doing in the first two semester of calculus, it should cover everything from the definition of the reals, over limits to derivatives and integrals too and not on a "calculate some integrals" but with proper proofs and such, right?
What makes it different from real analysis then?

this isn't reddit, you don't have to ask for a friend