What was your last Veeky Forums related purchase?

what was your last Veeky Forums related purchase?

what will your next one be?

my last purchase was a little kitchen cart from costco and my next one is pic related
a 2 x 30 000 btu burner, propane, camping stove

>last
Bread machine. It's ultra-casual mode, I know, but it does all the dull parts like kneading and timing the rise cycles on its own, and I love it. Throw ingredients in, get bread (or just dough) out. Pic related is a raspberry peach braid I did a few months ago, easily the most interesting thing I've done with it so far.
>next
Once I graduate and move to any place that isn't an apartment, a grill. After that, probably a meat grinder. I've got a few recipes for venison burgers I want to try.

Deep freeze.

Id like to buy a smoker

Buying some steel to build my kitchen table/counter and stools for my next apartment, does that count?

The big joe!

A pullman loaf pan, for baking perfectly square loaves of soft sandwich bread.

I threw around the idea of buying one. What are the benefits? Cause they seem to be more expensive than they should be.

A charcoal chimney. Now that I've used it a couple of times I don't know how I lived without it.

Just bought a new offset smoker. Old one rusted out after 15 years of faithful service and utter neglect on my part.

I'd like to buy a Hobart 6-quart mixer, but I have literally nowhere to put it and I'm sure I could find a better use for two grand. Oh well, might buy a small kitchen set up as a bakery soon.

enjoy never being able to clean this

Bought an air fryer, realized it was a meme, took it back

>last
French press and grinder

>next
Whiskey

here's my haul from the store earlier..

like $50 worth of vinegar (apple cider not pictured), a chinois, and a grater.

bought 3 pounds of veal bones, got some stock going. i hope it will be enough to reduce down to a demi, but i'm thinking i should've gotten at least 5 pounds for my 15 quart stock pot.

Why wouldn't I be able to clean this? The lid slides all the way off the pan, and the sides are all flat (not sure why they look corrugated in the picture).

I have one of these and really like it. The only problem is that it's so big I can never eat all the way through the loaf before it goes stale.

he's just jealous that you're going to have rectangular prism bread

most bunlets get a little crusty when they're confronted with home baker ubermensch

Ideally, you shouldn't have to do any cleaning to it besides a quick rinse.

enjoy not being able to clean that chinois..they are really nice but if i can't get every gap, nook and cranny clean it hurts. Im a China Cap kinda guy now.

> (You)
>I threw around the idea of buying one. What are the benefits? Cause they seem to be more expensive than they should be.

Efficiency and flexibility ... I can run 16 to 18 hours @ 250° on half bag of lump. Can get about an hour around 900° for pizza. Heat and moisture retention is outstanding. Was worth every penny. Did a whole boar shoulder last weekend. Bloody thing was just over 35 lbs.

you mean the chink helmet?

enjoy never having sediment free stock or smooth demi glace.. ideally you strain into a chinois set into a chink helmet, but for home applications this will do just fine.

Gonna mix it with a bunch of powdered beef stock and instant chili spice blend to make knockoff hamburger helper seasoning.

people are going to berate you for this post, but i can taste it in my head and it tastes fucking gooood.