/adderall/

Paul Erdos took amphetamines throughout his life to increase his mathematical output. When someone bet him that he couldn't quit for a month, he did, and then once the month was over proclaimed that mathematics had suffered and was now one month behind because he had quit

Will amphetamines help me study? Are they useful? Is he an aberration or are they really good?

I've never tried adderall but it really interests me. Taking a pill then being able to study for hours without distractions. Is that how it works? Is it worth it? Are the side effects bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-10-01/adhd-pill-faces-high-hurdle-in-europe-as-stigma-persists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_Tao
youtu.be/MXJ-zpJeY3E?t=8m47s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A brainlet high on amphetamines is still a brainlet desu

This

Paul Erdos was already smart, he just needed that BOOST.

Just take coffee, multivitamins and omega 3 if you want to play it safe.

how come noone memes about Erdos on Veeky Forums as much as Von Neumann and Gauss? Erdos is a fucking legend

So no amount of studying and boosts can make me not a brainlet? It's completely biological?

Everyone has a biological limit on them.
Most people never reach it, so for those people studying does help.

But once you're there there is nothing you can do.

had the pleasure of trying adderall once. It made me very clear headed, and focusing on math for multiple hours became an enjoyable task. It was kinda like lsd for me in that every little 'discovery' i made in study made me feel really happy; minus the lighting effects and the music benefits.

Honestly, i'd recommend low dose amphetamine use to anyone trying to study effectively. I don't see why its more common.

>using adderall
>not METH

>brainlet
This is just a meme, you get smart by studying math and reading.

Doing this will make you smarter than the average person, even if you arent in school you should be reading and doing math for fun.

>those digits

Saika confirmed for god tier

>arent

Brainlet detected.

It's just exactly like when the Japanese draw anime pictures of their Emperor.

Oh wait, there's something called respect.

Also guys, it is true that the regressive effects of marijuana won't affect you past 25?

erdos was just weird, he wasn't a colossus of the mind.

Bruh.

>Erdős was one of the most prolific publishers of papers in mathematical history, comparable only with Leonhard Euler; Erdős published more papers, mostly in collaboration with other mathematicians, while Euler published more pages, mostly by himself. Erdős wrote around 1,525 mathematical articles in his lifetime, mostly with co-authors. He strongly believed in and practiced mathematics as a social activity, having 511 different collaborators in his lifetime.

Can someone living at least reach close to these numbers?
inb4 me

prolific, sure. But nothing earth shattering, nothing truly remarkable, nothing no other could feasibly have done at the time.

Well true, there are a lot of good Mathematicians as well that made lots of hard shit like that enlightened samurai.

But those freaking numbers are amazing still.

>throughout his life
No, only after his mother died.

You are sharing a board with mediocre, mostly young people.
Dont get memed, there is always room for improvement.

The greatest were only men. You are also a man.
Dont set yourself to fail before starting

Enlightened samurai?

Why not just take Modafinil? It's legal, isn't neurotoxic and works much better anyway.

>works much better anyway.

no.

Modafinil is a wakefulness agent. It helps you to stay awake and focused to an extent, but the stimulant properties of amphetamines put it a class ahead of Modafinil. I agree that it is less toxic, but typically negative effects are only seen when you surpass 30 mg doses; and by then you aren't taking it to study, you're taking it to get high and party.

>modafinil works
i fell for this meme once

Shinichi Mochizuki

Ah it wasn't him, my mistake.

>Go Yamashita lecturing on the work of Shinichi Mochizuki.

what is with hungary and all the mathematicians from it

Hungarians are in the same group as Finns and so they suffer from severe autism.

doesn't adderall cause brain damage?

Last time I took an amphetamine (concerta) it gave me psychotic hallucinations, delusions, and disorganized thinking. Turns out I didn't have ADHD but Bipolar 1 disorder (or Schizoaffective is what my psychiatrist said). Any way around this or is there a substitute I could take? I also do not take anti-psychotics because they gave me very bad dyskinesia, EPS, and other movement problems. So I just use anti-depressant and everyday seems like it could go downhill anytime. About a week ago, I gave myself a concussion because I was slamming my head into the wall for no reason. I would like a substitute for my medication. I haven't been to my psychiatrist for months and it seems nobody cares about what happens me to me even when I attempt to kill myself like every so often I found things around the house to choke myself with (I don't cut myself because it hurts too much but). I am trying to get back into educating myself but I don't have in money even though I am rich. So I would like to have motivation asap for my illness, sort of speak. I haven't been able to talk to my therapist in a couple weeks because my mom wouldn't take me (because she has illness of her own) so I have no one to talk to and when I explain this to my best friend I think it makes him nervous (he says he doesn't know how to respond, even though he specializes in "Neurotech" or something, I think he has problems as well). He takes medicine for ADHD but doesn't know the reason why it affects me such. I think it has something to do with me living in the country and we pay less taxes and most of the health care facilities are in the city so they don't give a shit about us. If anyone knows how to help me out it would be good. Otherwise, go one with your day. I am completely serious and my state has the second worst health care in the country. (I am in Tennessee, USA.) I have been in a facility 8 times and would like it to stop.

Thank you for you patience if you read this.

See your psychiatrist, user.

Concerta is methylphenidate

t. brainlet

True

I have a long history of drug abuse and I can say adderall is very similar in feel to crystal meth, and has the same horrible withdrawals when it starts to leave your system. It might give you an advantage, but with any type of upper or stimulant you always have miserable withdrawals feelings even after a single use. That's why I always preferred downers/depressants.

>horrible withdrawals
Adderall is much worse compared to Methamphetamine.The withdrawals aren't even bad, you just sleep and eat a shit ton.

Also you won't feel "withdrawals" from single use, maybe you're referring to the comedown? Which eventually becomes second nature if you're taking stims daily.

Yeah I meant comedown, sorry my mistake. The comedown is definitely what kills it for me. I guess certain personality types might handle it better, I never could.

What is best and why? Concerta, Adderal or Ritalin?

It has 0 withdrawal

pic related = you

Too bad its scheduled so strictly enjoy yourself in prison.

meth is neurotoxic and literally makes you a brainlet.

>black coffee
>20mg Adderall IR
>LSD microdosing

Name a better combo for work performance

Mine is really fucking high, I could literally teach myself chemistry from nought to undergraduate in a month.

I just don't find chemistry interesting, but maths and physics, oh boy. :D

Imo there should be caffeine in the first box and modafinil in the second

naw theyre shit they make you crazy

My favorite erdos jargon is that children are "epsilons". A nice, neutral phrase for little ones.

Here we have Erdos and an promising epsilon.

Depends on the person.

There are very instances where a drug will make you better in all ways, there's always a cost and it comes to if you're net better for the task you wish to apply yourself. If you're better all around you're either already hyperfixated, or your normal state is in fact a pathological one / you have brain damage.

Amphetamine, both levo and dextro did very little for me. I thought it inhibited creativity and caused the very "mere blank paper" effect he described.

They give it out like candy, are you kidding me? I brought myself a bit of the way into amphetamine psychosis. If I ever wanted to try amphetamine again I could probably walk into a doctor's office and leave with a prescription the same day.

WELL MEMED FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're getting a lot more fussy about prescribing it now because of how much it gets abused by students.

I feel bad for the Eurofriends who will never experience legal cognitive enhancing stimulants like addies or ritalin

Ah, you must be autistic.

ritalin is a thing in europe, a bitch to get a prescription though i'd guess, our (((government))) doesn't want us reaching space marines level

Ritalin works well for me (I'm not diagnosed with ADHD).

If you get access to strattera, use it with caution. It makes me tired and nauseous.

My friends has ADHD. First he went to a psychologist, who was reluctant to prescribe ritalin. Then he switched to his "personal doctor" (not sure how the norwegian system is compared to other contries), where he got both a larger dose and freedom to choose between pills and capsules.

I bet that kid just wasted Erdos' time and turned out to be a major brainlet

Not really, if you're motivated to get a prescription for something it's still ridiculously easy. If one doctor says no, go to a different doctor.

Horseshit. The seemingly dumbest kid in class can go straight to the top of the test scores after he gets put on ADD meds.

What makes Europeans so much more restrictive in terms of getting smart drugs?

In burgerland it's pretty easy to fake symptoms until they fill you full of pills

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-10-01/adhd-pill-faces-high-hurdle-in-europe-as-stigma-persists

apparently because no one is lobbying hard enough to sell speed to children

>My favorite erdos jargon is that children are "epsilons".
[math]\forall \epsilon >0\exists \delta[/math].
I bet he showed him his [math]\delta[/math] afterwards.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_Tao

But he is and he admitted it during his Numberphile interview.
Listen carefully to what he is saying here at 8m47s:
youtu.be/MXJ-zpJeY3E?t=8m47s

The mathematicians you're thinking of are jews, not pure hungarian stock. Also, the Martians were a single phenomenon that happened 100 years ago. Ever since then Hungary hasn't been producing a lot of mathematicians.

>What they do [Perelman and Wiles] is really impressive.
>You need both.
>You need people who focus very very hard on one very narrow problem and working for years become a very deep expert.
>But then you need the people who can connect [incomprehensible mumbling].
>I make my living, you know, by understanding one field x and checking some ideas from that and applying to field y.
>But, I couldn't do that if there weren't people who are very deeply working on field x.

>When someone bet him that he couldn't quit for a month, he did, and then once the month was over proclaimed that mathematics had suffered and was now one month behind because he had quit
Fucking based.

thats a bullshit story, adderall is at most a form of energy.

>t. Someone who has never tried adderall

He wasn't dumb in the first place, just mismanaged.

You don't need a lot of managing to do simple stuff. He is talking about those people. There are people who can't actually do simple math unless they try really hard. But if you put them on adderall they will try really hard because they will get the drive to do it.

holy shit man

The mumbling is
>Things that are fragmented in fields