"what the fuck is this meme food?"

>"what the fuck is this meme food?"
>turns out ts actually great

Whats her name

Why would you assume a food is bad because it's a meme?

whole grilled Chicken, sushi, bacon, ruccola, avocado, KFC, nutella, watermelon..

The McChicken. I tried one once for a joke but it was really good.

sriracha sauce.
say what you will about this horrendous normie meme, but it can actually save some bad dishes if used properly. It's not usable on everything though, most things dont work with it.

what makes food a "meme food" anyways?
just because it gets popular or some shit?

popular and overrated, yeah.

yeah, i figured it was something stupid.

>popular and overrated
Is not the definition of a meme, newfag.

then what the fuck is it, "le oldfag"?

Then explain what a meme food is for the class you fucking tardo

luther burger

>"what the fuck is this meme food?"
I have never asked myself that question. I've watched various trends come and go, some of which I liked (pork belly, taco trucks, banh mi) and others not so much (grain bowls, avocado toast, cupcakes). But it never occurred to me to look down on a food just because it was enjoying a moment of popularity. I wouldn't line up to get it, but I wouldn't dismiss it just because it's what the cool kids are eating at the moment.

>meme food
>Definition: a term used by poverty stricken, non passport owning losers who lack the finances, social skills and personal hygiene to interact with a society they desperately crave to be part of. Also minus points for jacking off over Chinese pedophile cartoons.
You're welcome.

World turned upside down.

>popular and overrated,
That's the mentality I don't get. Something is trendy so it must be overrated. A lot of foods become trendy because people realize they're good, more places start selling them and suddenly food writers are writing about them. That generates more interest. Until the next thing comes along. I don't see what's wrong with that.
A food that was trendy enough to suddenly appear someplace where food trends aren't much of a thing, making some of the locals suspicious. Also any food people eat in major cities that hasn't yet made it to where you live and seems silly to you.

>"""definition"""

doesn't really define the term though

It's good enough for you, frogposter.

Here's a real definition:
>a food whose popularity/love for it has eclipsed the food itself
Bacon is still good at the end of the day, but when stores start selling bacon shirts it's become a meme food.

You're eating sam gyup sal and not drinking soju or beer???

Its more like parading something that's above average as the best thing ever by a large population. See sriracha, bacon. Sometimes mediocre dishes gain meme status like with Tasty. That shit is gutter trash tier and the normies love it.

its also a telltale sign something is a meme food when Matthew "Reddit-Incarnate" Innman writes some gay comic about it.

I'll offer a definition. A meme is a unit of culture, so a meme food would be a food that represents a specific culture at a specific time. For example Howard Johnson's fried clam strips are completely evocative of roadside 1960's America. The chicken McNugget is the 90's fast food icon as much as the Cosmo was the savvy female drink of choice for the decade that followed. A chili dog is the perfect collision of two big food trends from the early part of the 20th Century. Sushi in the 80's. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts today. Hell, even a frozen TV dinner is a relic of a very particular time in America.

Every culture has foods that come into (or back into) the spotlight. Currywurst in Berlin, the ramen revival in Japan, Seems like all of Europe is crazy for avocados right now.

Food trends are their own kind of fashion. And trendy people enjoy hopping on whatever the next bandwagon happens to be. That's part of culture. You're not going to get the appeal of everything that becomes trendy. But just because you have no desire to eat a cronut doesn't mean they're not a thing. Nor does it mean they're not good. I uunderstand the desire to dislike something just because it's popular, but most folks grow out of that in their 20's. It's really a teen thing.

Did I ever say you have to dislike something to think its overrated?

>grilled chicken, sushi, bacon, avocado, watermelon, ruccola
>meme
fucking retard

>commenting regarding a pic that's obviously stock
wew lad you are one stupid fuck

Quinoa.

Got tricked into thinking it was meme thanks to all the millennials and baby boomers running on the vegan train.

Turned out tasty and a perfect food to replace my daily routine of pasta, rice and potatoes.

Semen

My point is just because something is trendy at a given moment doesn't mean it's overrated. Ten years ago when bacon suddenly appeared all over restaurant menus it wasn't that people were overrating bacon, it's that there was a bacon craze for a minute. And a lot of folks who were only familiar with shitty supermarket bacon got to try much higher quality examples of the stuff. And they got excited about it. And as long as people were willing to pay $10-$12 for a bacon appetizer restaurants could continue to source that level of bacon. Eventually the craze ran its course, and we're back to the idea of bacon as an appetizer seeming absurd again. But the idea of really good bacon is definitely not absurd.