warosu.org/lit/thread/S8558627
youtube.com/watch?v=wdKIJHXzPkk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

When did Nick Land leave behind NRx?

Christ

>Alt-Right philosophy

oxymoron

Holy fuck I'm laughing

I personally subscribe to anti-nihilist nihilism. It's a form of nihilism so extreme that it doesn't even value or believe in itself. What starts out as an edgy contrarian lack of a position eventually spirals into a vicious whirlwind wherein you are in a stasis between believing in everything and believing in nothing, and when you come out the other side you are totally unable even to comprehend basic english. Right now I am surrounded by a support group of about thirty or so people who are actively trying to translate my rudimentary finger movements into basic thoughts and who are currently typing out this post right now. In ten years I will lose all conscious control over my body

would be interesting if you weren't literally describing what the guy in OP's picture did in the early 90s

So, Zen?

He didn't, he just stands out so much he makes the others look like brainlets.

that's kind of what i thought too. i know that when hestia launched he wrote something incredibly cringe about an oath of fealty but that's it. also that he is not an alt-righter

i think NRx is basically dead now tho. shame

>i think NRx is basically dead now tho. shame
It is? Why?

what is neoreactionarism?

Suicide

well, MM stopped writing UR. that's one thing. he figured his own work was done. Land will go on writing in his own weird way but i think he's basically there too at this point. bitcoin/blockchain stuff turns him on i guess. but my feeling is that trump is now setting the course and nobody really knows what he's going to do now. people are talking about spencer et al but Moldbug's issue was the Cathedral, which may already be a term in decline

i'm way more partial to NRx than alt-right stuff myself. land and zizek actually have a lot in common i think. both are doing varieties of marxist thought so misshapen at this point that they're barely recognizable. z is a nicer guy but land is the more dangerous/scary one by far. which makes him more interesting

neoreaction.net

pic not related

I don't understand. Why would the election of Trump kill nrx?

can you sum up what are nick land ideas? where do i start reading him?

sorry, i know this is not my blog

didn't kill it, but upset a lot of apple carts. even land himself would probably have to say that a lot of cathedral-type stuff was brought to an end sooner than anyone expected with the rise of trump. to me NRx/DE basically describes a relatively small number of crypto fascist software programmers and other types, and 'reaction' was an umbrella term that included them along with tradcore theologicals, old-school conservatives, manosphere/pua guys, and much else.

but nobody - nick land included - expected trump to win. some of those guys, like vox/et al were riding the trump train pretty hard but i don't think even they expected him to actually win. and because much of it i think was predicated on ressentiment for a culture they all that hillary would be leading for a while they're mainly scratching their heads

personally i think trump has no idea what he's doing and that is kind of refreshing. maybe we can actually just accept the fact that the world is fucked up and no ideology can see everything. but i do like moldbuggian absolutism tho. purple pill go go go

he's tough to sum up, but i'm proud of having coined the term Evil Bizarro Deleuze and seen it once or twice (well, once) used here on Veeky Forums. If you've read Deleuze it may make sense.

but basically just think of it as a kind of warped and twisted version of Marx. in conventional Marxist thought, there is a dictatorship of humans over capital; for Land it's the opposite. he believes in the dictatorship of capital itself over people. capital leads to innovation, technology, better corporations, faster and smarter AI, all of this - and generally speaking humans are just monkeying it all up. he likes acceleration and warping into planet AI. along with a lot of other stuff. a very interesting guy. reading his blogs or his dark enlightenment essay is a good place to begin. sadly there's not much of him on youtube

sorry lads that was a super long post. i'm not an intellectual

Alt Right philosophy = memes, artefact riddled JPEGs and an overwhelming fear of/obsession with black cocks

>this projection

to put it shorter, and this was because i read a pretty explosive argument on nick's blog last year about this, nick himself wanted a division between NRx and alt-right, mainly because the alt-right guys were pushing an ethnonationalist agenda, and nick/NRx guys were pushing a cyberpunk/techcomm/whatever agenda. that to me was the sharpest line of difference i saw between them

nick is a misanthrope. he hates all humanity, barring the very tippity-top of the 1%, more or less equally, i think. and he doesn't care about alt-right stuff the way a guy like richard spencer would, for instance

i think still in his cold dead lovecraftian heart he remains a tortured marxist and always will. it's why he's not really super-evil. he just believes that the ends justify the means

thanks for the patience, senpai

*the ends justify the memes might be a funny joke

not sure tho

probably not

just forget i said anything

are there any similar authors or bloggers

no problemo. i honestly find all this shit fascinating af. a great deal of continental phil is vapid horseshit imho but nick land is legit interesting

these guys

can you explain the connection between nick and marxism? is it just that he uses marxist methods of analysis, or is it more deeply rooted in his philosophy?

is this a newfag meme?

Nick Land is a neoreactionary though

he's influenced by Deleuze

long post/not my blog

The very first essay in this book will do a better job of explaining this than I can, but I'll be happy to swing at this pitch anyways.

What you have to understand is that NL's take on Marxism goes *through* Deleuze and Guattari. This is really super-important for everything that comes afterwards. D&G basically super kick Freud into outer space b/c they believe the Oedipus complex does not compute. Guattari is originally being groomed to be Lacan's disciple. this is really important

D&G conclude - Guattari from analsis, and Deleuze from his own brand of Spinozistic/Nietzschean/ metaphysics, that desire is just everywhere, kablooey. Nothing is being repressed, everything is being manufactured. Everything. the world is all a big squishy soft machine of desire, full stop. nick is not so sentimental: he prefers icy-cold lines and numbers

Now D&G are 60s-style revolutionaries, but it's a super-unusual position. Their analysis of capitalism is so out there that Alain Badiou accuses Deleuze of being a fascist. These are some of the action-packed stories that the French were getting up to in the 60s/70s

Basically NL agrees with Deleuze on this, that capital is the thing: capital, desire, all of this. However, he does not arrive at the political conclusions D&G do. Rather, he tries to think through the time-bending/time-altering essence of capital *itself*, and this is what leads to him giving himself a nervous breakdown. you can read all about it in the book. he's trying to figure out how time, space, capital and desire fit together, and he basically turns himself into a schizophrenic.

NB: schizoanalysis was a term used by D&G, and figures heavily in their work. they don't do repression, ideology, any of that the way that Z does. they are on a whole other ticket. Veeky Forums does not seem to talk about these guys much, mainly because the sniffler is so popular right now. and also because the sniffler likes deleuze and does not like guattari. more interesting continental fakery there for you

long story short...land winds up having more feeling for capital itself than any kind of political revolutionary sentiment. for him capital *is* the revolution, the only force that matters. for D&G, desire is something that exceeds any sense of the autonomous individual person. land, i think, feels more or less the same way. he's basically reading them inside out b/c he doesn't have the same feeling for the 60s, i think, that they did. but to some degree that's conjecture

but i am a casual and not a serious philosopher. the answers you want are in here.

s3.amazonaws.com/arena-attachments/406213/42bdb859549f609953a0ca61aca0bee3.pdf

NIck Land was a full fledged leftist in his Ccru days, it's not some kind of a secret.

Reading now because the way you described it is pretty intriguing

true

awesome. enjoy! (but not in the lacanian sense)

only at the very start of it

I like you, user.

>Alt-Right philosophy leaves all left-wing philosophy in the dust

Source?

doesn't that make him a capitalist or ultra libertarian?

You could try Behead All Satans or keep a daybook of personal happenings. Or both.

whats this book about? i couldn't find much info about it

why am i laughing so hard

ive never had anyone be able to explain to me what "alt-right" means other than being right wing but not being a neocon. anyone care to explain this mon-term to me?

It's a bunch of socially inept teenagers who think that they'll save the white race with the help of internet slacktivism whenever they stop playing videogames or masturbating to Japanese cartoons.

Basically it's normal conservatism sans religiosity and sans queerphobia.

literal nazis infiltrating the right wing

t. Hillary Clinton

neonazis who use daddy's credit card to buy fancy clothes so they can pose for the press

It's a scare term popularized by Hillary Clinton and her NYT-educated cattle that's used to characterize any conservative outside the Republican party as an anime-obsessed Nazi. Essentially, the media-academic complex is panicking because millions of right-wingers are refusing to obey AIPAC and National Review.

Hillary was right, though.

t. anti-shillarist

widespread disaffection with liberal progressive society which is failing at worst and stagnating at best, coupled with the "the status quo is fucking boring" disadvantage that is ominipresent in every era

there is an extremely large backlash of reactionary sentiment forming almost out of sheer boredom as young men drop out of a society that basically acts like a nattering cunt of a mother 24/7

the actual "alt right" is the online technologically savvy and extremely ironic/cynical wing of this sea change, with shitloads of bored young men (Veeky Forums/reddit demographic) being given something to do (sense of belonging, community, shitposting) and an enemy to hate (the status quo, the state) that takes the form of a many-headed hydra (it explains all the SJWs, women, minorities, weird shit like trannies and fags, all the annoying garbage they're told to accept and applaud on a daily basis and they just plain don't really wanna)

the MSM is made up of uncool hipster faggots with fake HR/IT degrees like Gender Equity Office Management Studies who staff all the internships at the clinton campaign and the MSM and all the twittersphere, they are the passe faggots DFW talked about in e unibus pluram, insufficiently hip and ironic and therefore lacking in vital energy ipso facto, old hat, making the Veeky Forums fags of the alt right despise them even more, and making triggering them into a sport, because we're living in a world where young men are increasingly grossed out by grown adults crying like children on twitter, and you can literally provoke this by saying "niggers lol"

these stupid hipster faggots who work for the MSM, old media, old government, old everything, their vision is too slow for the hypermemetic culture of bored ironic niggerhaters on Veeky Forums, so they focus on the things slow and static enough that they can see, like RICHARD Q. SPENCER, ALT-RIGHT SPOKESMAN OF THE ALT-RIGHT, who wears a fucking cape that he designed that says "ALT RIGHT" on it, or some retarded queer youtube personality like SargonofAkkad

meanwhile a czech lolicon hacks some government official's email and shares it on /pol/ because it's funny, and the MSM just freaks out and goes IS GAMERGATE CAUSING MISOGYNY ON THE BLOGOSPHERE? HOW EPIC FAIL GAMERS ON THE CATURDAY MADE THE WORLD WIDE WEB BECOME A RACISM!

>SargonofAkkad
is this guy an alt-rightist? i fucking hate him

only negarestani is good out of this movement

guattari was the real genius, not deleuze and certainly not nick "i play too much starcraft and don't go beyond deleuze" land

>I personally subscribe to anti-nihilist nihilism. It's a form of nihilism so extreme that it doesn't even value or believe in itself. What starts out as an edgy contrarian lack of a position eventually spirals into a vicious whirlwind wherein you are in a stasis between believing in everything and believing in nothing, and when you come out the other side you are totally unable even to comprehend basic english. Right now I am surrounded by a support group of about thirty or so people who are actively trying to translate my rudimentary finger movements into basic thoughts and who are currently typing out this post right now. In ten years I will lose all conscious control over my body
This should be pasta

He's not, he's an edgy centre-right libertarian who has clashed with the alt-right in several occasions.

>ive never had anyone be able to explain to me what "alt-right" means other than being right wing but not being a neocon. anyone care to explain this mon-term to me?
It varies from a catch-all for all right-wingers who support "alternative" aka non-mainstream parties, from lolberts to literal nazis, to the common Veeky Forums use that basically just means /pol9k/.

The people who actually call themselves the alt-right say that alt-right is pro-white and that anyone who disagrees is not one of them.

interesting. talk more about guattari user, i love this stuff

i've read negarestani also and he is legit. his essays at urbanomic & elsewhere moreso than cyclonopedia but w/e

see also pic related. 21C naturephilosophie is depressing but philosophy is usually a heartbreaker anyways

>>Alt-Right philosophy
Stopped reading

What is there to say? Guattari is the real genius. Read the Anti-Oedipus papers. Guattari was the one asking all the right questions, Deleuze just stylized it more with Nietzsche and Spinoza.

Read Guattari's books he wrote without Deleuze or look into Brian Holmes,who is by far the best scholar there is on Guattari.

Conservatives who discovered culture jamming

Become a machine cultist hell bent on producing an avatar of Gnon in AI form that will end garbage time.

left cucks just can't let the future take care of itself

Oaisis of Awakening

Way Past the Desert of the Real

warosu.org/lit/thread/S8558627

Nu Year

Nu School

Know Brow Never Boxxy'd

thank you very kindly user, i did not know that brian holmes was a guy at all

the only solo guattari i have read is three ecologies, which was...pretty good. didn't floor me. but this is not a knock on the man and i'm more or less just a shell-shocked pseudointellectual vagrant and largely immune to human feelings at this point anyways

cheers for an on-point book rec. guattari-user is a bro fo sho

Nick Land sucks, Jesus Christ.

...carried the streams...

...indicating the pouring of knowledge over humanity everywhere...

People can also use trance... ...to learn new strategies of thinking or of relating to one another

also this thread is starting to get v interesting

will be monitoring via technopower-suit from beyond space and time

within i am still small and fragile and weak and full of childish poetic sentiment, the last traces of an evanescent gnostic god-author

but srsly tho this mask is boss af

anyhoo bumpily bump bump

Jesus Christ ahahah
This has to be pasta.

this thread, thank you

>Land lay behind the stage, flat on the floor (a ‘snake-becoming’ forming the first stage of bodily destratification), croaking enigmatic invocations intercut with sections from Artaud’s asylum poems. In this delirious vocal telegraphy, meaning seemed to disintegrate into sheer phonetic matter, melting into the cut-up beats and acting directly on the subconscious. As Land began to speak in his strange, choked-off voice (perhaps that ‘absurdly high pitched ... tone ... ancient demonists described as ‘silvery,’ which he later reports being taunted by) the disconcerted audience begin to giggle; the demon voice wavered slightly until Land’s sense of mission overcame his momentary self-consciousness; and as the ‘performance’ continued the audience fell silent, eyeing each other uncertainly as if they had walked into a funeral by mistake. Embarrassment was regarded by Land as just one of the rudimentary inhibitions that had to be broken down in order to explore the unknown – in contrast to the forces of academic domestication, which normalised by fostering a sense of inadequacy and shame before the Masters, before the edifice of what is yet to be learnt.

Are you ready to Cohere ?

Enjoy the Nu music created with the Love of Heartlines

Neocons aren't really right wing.

You write as if you have an IQ of 80.

Great fleets of interstellar transports

DJ Cara in the Sahara

...making flows and connectivity...

"I sublimated to a transcendant metaxy. Walked on Nylon to heights beyond the tightrope tension duality of both turntables. High and Low, a slide with some tides, you can sail the sound when you see the love"

Cultural vehicles are called "Human Treasures" by the UN

Do stars communicate with each other

youtu.be/ZrcZaX4CxyU

Thanks for literally giving me an electric feel, MARES ;) Science is worth it

...hydrodynamic experience...

>Veeky Forums/reddit is the heart of the alt-right and not just a convenient tool/recruitment pool for societal elements that have existed for centuries in some form or another
>the media is too dumb to understand the incredible and totally brand new concept of children anonymously transgressing norms to get a rise out of people and is not just focusing on the visible, outspoken white supremacist and white nationalist figures because they are visible and outspoken
>everyone who disagrees is an uncool hipster faggot with a fake degree, DFW told me so

Be nice to him, his road is hard enough as is.

Surfing while Tuned In

>culture jamming
p good post

Kiste Opened

Easy As The Ocean Our Communication Provided Motion

youtu.be/SU-FT-8kZhY

They traveled across the globe at light speed, enchanting those who saw them. Floating along a sea of information, this epic romance surfed waters unknown

The consciousness-like coherence properties of the biophoton field...

...an interface to realms of mind, psyche and consciousness...

One of the experiments, a video taken to study atmospheric dust, may have detected a new atmospheric phenomenon, dubbed a "TIGER" (Transient Ionospheric Glow Emission in Red)

Telluric currents continuously move between the sunlit and shadowed sides of the earth

...discrete currents interact in a complex pattern...

The currents are extremely low frequency and travel over large areas at or near the surface of the Earth

Telluric currents, and were used for telegraph systems

The liminal moment which frees people from the constraints of normality is what Hakim Bey calls the TAZ, the Temporary Autonomous Zone

Dancing Aurorals in the ionsphere

Into the Moment

Poetry itself is an act of magickal incantation, white poetry connects tongues to the esoteric fire of a single circle

There are only a few real artists, composers, or poets, meaning those abundantly endowed with both the memory of the realm of Ideas and the skill to embody that memory. Theirs is the privilege to conceive the progeny of the Gods, called by the alchemists the Philosophic Egg

youtu.be/AIjVpRAXK18

Game-Changing Discoveries

Do you know the relationship between light and music

When the work of art is performed, as in a play or music, something “passes between” the artist and the audience. A true collaboration, the artist and their audience enter into an intimately engaged symbiotic relationship, connecting with each other in such a way that they both become transformed

Calvin Harris & Disciples - How Deep Is Your Love
youtu.be/EgqUJOudrcM

What do you know of the unburnt

inelastic quantum tunnelling occurs when an electron dumps a bit of excess energy in order to tunnel to an empty energy level in a nearby atom

Mystai of Psyche and Eros

Keep it going up

Keep each other company

NRx isn't dead because Social Matter turned out to be a high quality site that's frequently updated. There's was a point about a year ago where SM was putting out 1 article a week, but they turned it around. UR doesn't need to be updated, its already too goddamn long

Stars Will Rise Again

I think the difference between Land and a super libertarian would be different beliefs in what would be the consequence of unhinged pure capital?

The Human Race going to the next level of consciousness

youtu.be/cAOz2B3eGQ4?t=1420

10/10

there is truly only one master of alt right literature

this is true. SM is good, i forgot about those guys

good call user

Make it galactic ?

A galactic party is taking place...

Eleutherios ("the liberator"), an epithet for both Dionysus and Eros

Breaker Of Chains

Why do you care about thoughtwaves? Because these are the prime movers of your society – the prime movers of every society...

The people responsible for thoughtwave design, construction and implementation are...

The trend and the thoughtwave are related...

youtube.com/watch?v=wdKIJHXzPkk

Active Participants in the Imagination Age are becoming cultural ambassadors