Oil up lads, 22 entire minutes of new Zizek!

Oil up lads, 22 entire minutes of new Zizek!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s5PigZzSAJo
youtube.com/watch?v=HlmNqwEhGIk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Big Pseud

>I'm 16 and my sources are superior

Grow up

Can this guy go one day without making a media appearance?

>muh god

If I were 16, I'd be jacking off to the latest Bill Nye video on Big Think like you're probably about to do.

My body is ready

He's basically getting payed for shitposting, living the dream

link plz, I don't want Google's future AI to know my preference of continental philosophers.

>rapefugee apologist

wtf i hate sniffing man now

Google owns youtube son...

There isn't such a thing as a "new" zizek vid because every speech he makes is a rehash of his previous material

He's like a comedian who keeps repeating the same jokes

He always throws in a few new variations, that's what keeps it interesting and makes me watch everything

thus I don't want to search for it on youtube. Embedding it on Veeky Forums wouldn't implicate me so strongly.

youtube.com/watch?v=s5PigZzSAJo

I pretty much watch him for the same reason

admirable paranoia

don't ever let them tell you to relax, user. some day you'll be the only untouchable one.

Watch through a proxy?

you aren't actually surprised are you

Thanks.
It's going to be lonely outside the Googlag.
Proxies will get infinitely more attention. And I'd have to clear all my cookies and data, spoof a mac address, and hope like hell the assortment of fonts, software and settings websites can see aren't unique. Best case scenario predictive analytics could narrow me down to a hundred people if I went through a proxy, all of which the future AI would redflag for potentially using a proxy.

How the fuck can you lsten to this guy eat his own tongue and garble unintelligably for 22 minutes?

>And I'd have to clear all my cookies and data, spoof a mac address, and hope like hell the assortment of fonts, software and settings websites can see aren't unique.
It's funny, but stupid.

>Best case scenario predictive analytics could narrow me down to a hundred people if I went through a proxy, all of which the future AI would redflag for potentially using a proxy.
1. Use proxies other people use.
2. Use proxies that don't flag that you've connected via a proxy.

It's an acquired taste. He's probably the single most enjoyable person to listen to for me.

What would you do for 22 minutes?

I watch shit at double speed btw, so it's like 11 mins.

>How the fuck can you lsten to this guy eat his own tongue and garble unintelligably for 22 minutes?
says he while shitposting on Veeky Forums

Thanks, Satan

More like Big Stink

take a drink every time he sniffs and wipes his nose

Why is he so dreamy, Veeky Forums

see

I've watched so much of his stuff that I already know what he will say.

Call me when he admits that "race" affects people's behavior and/or when he admits that "race" is as legitimate a reason to discriminate as anything else.

back to /pol/

>Oh no, he mentioned a topic that is taboo! But hey, at least I don't have to use arguments.

I'm scared of words too, user. Do you want to huddle together like the vulnerable femboys we are? I'll be your security blanket against internet meanies if you'll be mine~

It's more like "I am fed up of articulating against memes. You'll just keep spouting them10x faster than Ican reason. Please leave and join the cesspool of retarded individuals who agree with you

Race/ethnicity aren't a /pol/ meme, you dunce.

What exactly are you afraid of anyway? That humanity can't go on unless all races live together like in some Coca Cola commercial? That recognizing and respecting the differences means we must have another holocaust?

I saw a video of him defending how undemocratic the EU is and praising Merkel for doing the dictatorship thing to pozz the continent. Fucking disgusting, wasn't the point of his ideology to help the common man rather than multinational corps among other things? I hope he gets beheaded.

>Race/ethnicity aren't a /pol/ meme
Well /pol/ meme a lot about it all the time

>his ideology
Pure ideology

Well maybe you should stop visiting /pol/ and learn to think with your own head.

>race realism

this shit is going out of hand
should call zizek posting as a synonym for shitposting, since every 2. to 3. thread is about him.
Fuck he makes me sick, because i'm a little like him

>SLURP SLURP SLURP SNIFF SNIFF BRBRBRBR BR RB RB RBRBR SLURP MUH REFUGEES.

How can people listen to this guy?

I simply do not understand this fuzzy thinking of the left, if you're a staunch materialist you must not be afraid to take that to its logical conclusions. Reality does not care if it's contradictory to your assumptions or not.

This, he is incredibly unpleasant to listen to.

>we can and should have more immigrants in Europe
>the Israeli arm legally allows its soldiers to rape local arab women
lol

how is this guy even relevant to anyone...

Zizek's only objective is to assume the least assumed position, to be a contrarian.

>What would you do for 22 minutes?

dunno. watch an episode of two and a half men or something?

Self harm is not cool bro, get help.

The pro-immigrant stance is leading in both mainstream politics and mainstream academia, so if you want to be relevant you better play along.
Žižek actually doesn't need that anymore, but he's in too deep at this point.

you are so genetically similar to niggers that it'd make you cry

He didn't say either of those things.

this is non-sequitur, how are these things related?

I'm genetically similair to a chimpanzee too, so what?

I'm not sure if he's trying to point out a contradiction; just things he finds stupid and is saying "how is this guy an 'intellectual'".

what is Veeky Forums captcha

OH SHI

He literally says both of those things in the video, it's almost verbatim. Are you retarded?

They are related in the sense that he says absurd shit that is clearly untrue just to get a reaction, to grasp at relevance and at being the novel non-mainstream mainstream.

I think a certain degree of contrarianism is healthy but the guy doesn't put any effort into it. He builds his house on quicksand so to speak.

It's because he tries to achieve this balance, he has to be different from the conventional wisdom of the day while still pandering to remain within the realm of acceptability and (most importantly) coverage.

The result is all of his 'views' being easily dismantled and Zizek having to pull a Sam Harris (or maybe Harris a Zizek) a la picking fights with a totally disinterested Chomsky to vie for relevance in the 20 something dilettante demographic that is his public.

>He literally says
Pure ideology.

>He literally says both of those things in the video, it's almost verbatim.
No he actually didn't. He never said anything about how we "should have more immigrants", he only denounced the anti-immigrant right.

He then went on a tangent about ethical decline and mentioned how he heard that an israeli rabbi said that israeli soldiers should rape women in occupied territory.

The whole video was a relatively boring, inoffensive argument that the left shouldn't turn a blind eye to the elements of foreign cultures which are ethically incompatible with western morality.

It's not a very interesting spiel, but there's nothing contrarian about it.

>No he actually didn't. He never said anything about how we "should have more immigrants"
He very clearly positions himself as pro immigration. If you deny that, you're retarded. In fact you're retarded anyway because he does say the exact line question. It's LITERALLY verbatim. LITERALLY. The LITERAL kind.

>He then went on a tangent about ethical decline and mentioned how he heard that an israeli rabbi said that israeli soldiers should rape women in occupied territory.
No, once again you're phrasing it in some innocuous light. He said it's legal for the Israeli armed forces to rape women in invaded territories. Ridiculous sensationalist garbage.

The point about the Israeli army is that he believes we are living in a time of moral decay and cites the Jews, which he considers to be a pinnacle of civilization, to be immoral. I know the pol tards can get behind half of that statement - isn't decadence and moral decay part of the alt-right's gripes with modern society?

If you support the current right wing leaders in power in the United States you cannot complain of sensationalism. One cannot pick and choose.

did you even comprehend the video

>which he considers to be a pinnacle of civilization
He says they are the ultimate people of civilization. That would be more like the end game or something.

It's weirdly worded, but I guess he's referring to the rhetoric that Israel views itself as the absolute bastion of civilization and holds itself up as being more civilized than anyone else, at least in the region. They were the first and best as it were. I wonder if it isn't a cheeky end of times type reference.

yeah and humans share 50% oif their dna with bananas

it's almost as though the smallest genetic difference has significant effects on your physical composition

>it's almost as though the smallest genetic difference has significant effects on your physical composition
You know you also share less than 50% of your DNA with your father, and the rest with your mother. Is that how come you don't look like your dad?

Ok and then so what?
Lets assume people from Africa are genetically disposed to be less intelligent and more impulsive.
That does not prevent anyone from the capability of being a productive citizen nor undeserving of equality

No, but why should civilized societies go out of their way to accommodate them?

>He very clearly positions himself as pro immigration.
Wow what a crazy sensationalist contrarian position to take.

>No, once again you're phrasing it in some innocuous light.
No, you're reading it from a position of MASSIVE preconceived bias against him which I don't share.

I watched that video and interpreted it as "zizek shitting out tepid leftist rhetoric for the big think audience", because that's all it is.

No-one wants equality, they want special treatment.

I'm not that user, but are you American? Out of curiosity, I'll explain after a reply.

>mfw Zizek
youtube.com/watch?v=HlmNqwEhGIk

Yes. Let the record show, I don't actually subscribe to that view, just running with the hypothetical. What I imagine others to think.

Right, that makes much more sense. I was a bit unclear on that part but knew he was trying to posit the idea of moral decay.

Because they from one degree to another come from a shattered existence and their wellbeing would be ensured from a relatively small expense on the part of developed economies. And many do indeed have much to offer in return

For the same reason you don't throw retard babies to the wolves. It's not nice to be mean to other people.

The retard babies are on their own. I won't throw them to the wolves, but I've no obligation to assist them. If they try to get in my way they will come off worse.

How is any of that my problem? I don't need what they offer, there's countless people with countless 'offers' in this world.

>their wellbeing
That's a very shortsighted position. You're accepting working age males who are most capable of helping their home societies, while ignoring
1) the immediate wellbeing of people left behind (kids, women, elderly)
2) the long term effects of brain drain
3) the wellbeing of the host (developed) countries

Pro immigrant "humanism" doesn't make sense. It focuses on a few individuals while ignoring everyone else. No wonder its propaganda relies so much on emotional manipulation.

You talk about it as though you simply don't want to put forth an affirmative effort, but in actuality, being an opponent of immigration is putting forth a negative effort.

The US has a long history of exactly that thought: why should we get involved with or even accommodate other countries. Exactly why this is isn't clear, likely a mix of being a former colony and the whole enlightenment ideals thing, and having really shitty experiences trying to trade with Europe at war in the past (Jefferson got fucked right over in the early 19th C and then there were loads of attempts at having tariffs and such against US grain).

You can't have this both ways though: if you become involved in serious financial relationships with other countries it becomes very difficult to back out without hurting yourself. See what happened in the Great Depression with the tariffs and such.

I think this is more relevant to the US thinking here, in Europe we have immigrants coming over but for the US it's more about outsourcing jobs and multinationals I think. But, as an interesting point of comparison, if we recall the propaganda around the Hibernian invasion (they will come over, have lots of babies, overrun everyone, and then the Pope will be president) there's a similar general stereotype around certain muslim groups, and I wouldn't be surprised if that sort of thinking is gaining ground again. It'll be interesting because that fits into the Kosovo narrative, and so is more closely related to Russian """"expansionism"""" than you might think.

Your argument is getting silly and relying on a great deal of socio economic measurements that I van't be bothered to go through here.

The initial point remains that "race realism" isn't an inherent undermining of Leftist positions

Këk

>2) the long term effects of brain drain
I'm a Brit and I'm convinced now that brain drain isn't an issue as much as willful under funding of education can be.

I would also make the argument that you can't force people to be interested in their own problems, like a common problem with the whole developing country scholarships in the 70s and 80s (and no doubt onwards) had been that many westerners were interested in for example African problems, but a lot of Africans were more interested in getting that western job. And it was quickly realized that going "you are the black African so you can only study malaria or something" was not really in the right spirit.

This is simply untrue, letting in refugees IS an affirmative, they contribute nothing to the local economy but crime and are a tax burden on everyone else.

you should look up how many syrians work in germany vs how many receive government assistance

>they contribute nothing to the local economy
It depends. If they can work they're actually fairly scaleable, and hey we didn't have to pay for their being a useless baby or child for nearly 2 decades. You know, because they work but also they're consumers and spend and pay taxes and such.

A lot of refugees tho are suffering trauma, and may need time to recover. But then we have a duty to those suffering.

Policing borders is an affirmative.

I don't know how that can't be obvious. If somebody walks into your country and you send police officers to eject them, that's taking action.

>If they can work
They don't speak the language and have no education, what fucking work do you think they're going to do, what incredible contributions do they have for their host countries? The only jobs they can do are the ones that already have a surplus of potentials,see unskilled manual labor. And statistically most of them don't even do that since the government already provides them with room and board.

Subsidizing immigrants is a completely different matter from permitting immigrants to enter the country.

Go to Russia and ask them if they like that their smartest people are leaving for the rich countries.

You're not helping the world by accepting immigrants, you're at best maybe helping your economy if it happens to need some new workers (like Germany in the last few years). But when those workers aren't needed anymore you can expect a new Detroit.

I'm also not that interesting to argue against "leftist positions", because they're often based on fantasy, so it ends up being a waste of time or academic circlejerk at best.

>maintaining the status quo is affirmative

Every time Zizek says he is terrified by something, he is hiding his admiration of it.

>this level of mental gymnastics
that is patently false to anyone who isn't a retard

Do you think that the status quo is maintained by people sitting around not doing anything?

I'm pretty sure rape, theft and murder don't happen in a vacuum.

This is a UN and EU member state in his lord's year 2016. What, do you expect them to toss them in front of the walls of the polis, to declare them vogelfrei or something? Letting people into the country means the government spending money on them these days.