Brazilian

First time eating Brazilian. How'd I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

nola.eater.com/2015/8/7/9116163/how-to-eat-for-real-on-williams-boulevard-in-kenner-brah
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feijoada
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That looks Peruvian, not Brazilian.

Looks pretty good. How do you eat that? As is or in a tortilla or something? Any sauce on the table that goes with that?

Apparently that's ground yucca in the shaker. House made hot sauce.

so many carbs..

>beans
>rice
>chips
>veggies
>probably lamb or some shit

What makes this Brazilian? All of these foods are common in Europe and North America.

Well this made me hungry. I kind of want a gyro lol. There's a good local place down the block with fries like in ops pic. Like $7

Is this the one in San Diego, CA or Kenner, LA?

I'm so full honestly. That was a lot of food. I'm skipping dinner tonight.

This is pretty basic. The cut of beef is something I'm not used to seeing. It had a thick fat cap and was thinly sliced. Sliced thin and seasoned. I put hot sauce and that yucca on it. I'm gathering that Brazilian is not super-exotic compared to some South American cuisine. Very simple. On Saturday this place does feijoada. Look it up, pretty sure it was inspired by slave cooking.

Kenner. Suburbs of New Orleans. It literally is a supermarket.

And btw, I dunno if you guys are interested but I first heard about this place through an article. Kenner gets mocked by New Orleans for being the city's blander cousin, elements of country/white trashy. I grew up here but moved into the city. I used to hate Kenner but now I really appreciate the food offerings here. It's laid back and unpretentious.

nola.eater.com/2015/8/7/9116163/how-to-eat-for-real-on-williams-boulevard-in-kenner-brah

Worth reading.

>guaraná
God I miss that

It's been years since I've had this. I love it.

Was that order of food intended for like 3 people or...?

>Prato Feito
Meh. That is as bland as you can get

Looks good OP

I think all it needs is a couple fried eggs to complete the package

[spoiler]I'm brazillian and I honestly don't really like Guaraná[/spoiler]

let's pretend the spoiler fuck up was intentional and I didn't forget spoiler tags don't exist on Veeky Forums

Knife and fork

All of this was $9.36. I'm stuffed.

Looks pretty desu OP!

Do Brazilians spice their beans very differently from Mexico?

I will get some fried eggs next time if I'm absolutely starving. I don't know if I could fit anymore food.

I wouldn't say drastically different. The beans were yummy and didn't have a ton of cumin. They weren't overwhelming with flavor, which was good by design as it didn't take over the meal. I was told by the server that in Brazil lunch was the biggest meal of the day. This had a real stick to your ribs element about it.

in brazil it's usually salt, garlic for pretty much every type of bean.

You may add onions or a bit of bacon if you want to give it a little bit more flavor, but you usually don't add too much to it, unless it's the main feature of a dish, like when you're making feijoada. Then you add all kinds of shit to it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feijoada

Brazilian here

good ala minuta

could've had more fries though, also, beans go on top of the rice, meat and fries on the same plate as the rice and beans, salad gets a separate plate so the vinegar doesn't taint the other foods

>no farofa or cassava flour

6/10 would eat and not complain about it

>beans go on top of the rice

do you have a single fact to back that up

some people don't like mixing them up too much, especially if the bean "gravy" isn't particularly thick.

>he's a rice on side of beans guy

if you're not mixing them up with a heapin' helping of farofa to get that concrete texture in you're doing it wrong my familia

>some people

not my case, actually, I'm fine with mixing it up. I'm more of a fan of tropeiro anyway.

I've only had feijão tropeiro like, once or twice despite living in São Paulo and Minas for at least 15 years. Absolutely delicious but I don't want to try making it and fucking it up.

Also in OP's particular instance I'd say the beans should go on top of the rice so he can put the fries and meat on the same plate as them. Otherwise he'd be eating vinegary meat or worse, unseasoned lettuce and tomatoes

See
That's farofa

You should just eat out or order some tropeiro every once in a while.
It's a dirt cheap dish, you can get tropeiro, rice, fries and beef for like 10 bucks(3 dollars or so for non-BR). It's probably not something you should eat every day unless you work with physical labor to burn the billions of carbs you get from eating it, though.

true, but it's a weird not-brazillian thing to not mix everything in one plate. I remember some people said it was weird that I mixed everything up when I was living in the US.

Actually, now that I see this on PC it looks like a more reasonable size. On my phone it looked like there was more stuff on the left plate.

BR here
Beans go over the rice, not on the side
maybe under the rice if you are a degenerate

Bife acebolado (the meat) is always inferior to steak, unless you are a well done degenerate

also why the farofa is in a shaker? wth

Beans and Rice is staple in Brazil, and if the meat was Peruvian it would be more elaborate than just meat and onions

In Brazil you thicken the gravy when you add the seasoning, you take some the beans in a separate pan, season them and smash them in a pulp and put it back with the other beans.

>In Brazil you thicken the gravy when you add the seasoning, you take some the beans in a separate pan, season them and smash them in a pulp and put it back with the other beans.

I am brazillian.

I'm saying that because sometimes the gravy isn't very thick, for whatever reason. Mixing it with the rice when it's like that makes the rice too soggy, in my opinion.

a lot of the same ingredients as lomo saltado here except made inferior by hue